Youngbae

I can't breathe

Today I went out to have lunch with Youngbae.

Just because I don't talk to Jiyong anymore, doesn't mean I can't keep up the contact to the other members, right?

I odered spagetthi and a coffee and Youngbae had a burger and a cola.

I showed him some pictures on my phone and we laughed a lot, till we came to the point he asked me: "You're not in contact with Jiyong anymore, are you?"

I looked up from my phone with a weird expression, trying to act like that means absolutely nooothing to me.

Jiyong who is that hahaha. ha. ha.

"No. Why?"

"Ah.. just because of those rumors you know."

"Yeah.. those ones."

"Don't listen to them. You and Jiyong know best about the truth." he tried to comfort me.

I didn't look at him and just scrolled through my phone.

It still bothered me.

He sighed.

"Okay, before that get's awkward over here, let's go pick up Daesung?" he asked.

We wanted to plan a birthday party for Seungri together, thank god Jiyong was too busy to join us.

We payed and picked up Daesung.

It was a really funny afternoon with those guys, I've missed it so much.

Minzy and Bom just said they would make a big birthday cake, what took lot of pressure from me cuz if they wouldn't,

that definitely would've been my part and I really can't cook.

His birthday was in two days and me and Youngbae said we'd quickly drive to a store to get some confetti and stuff.

As we entered his car, still laughing about a funny story I just told him, he suddenly got quiet for a while.

"I thought-" I broke up my sentence and looked out of the window.

"You thought what?"

"We'd always be together. Maybe not me and Jiyong as a couple, but we six, as friends.

But since he is dating and I am here left alone, it feels so weird to be around him, even more than shortly after our break up."

"You two never really told us about what happened when you two broke up."

I had a bittersweet smirk on my lips.

"We never did. He just left."

"Jiyong left? When I asked him why he is so sad, he just said you two had a fight or something and that you guys broke up."

My heart started to pound really fast until everything inside me burned.

"No. It all started with... that.." Now suddenly that all made sense to me too.

"He.. just said he'll come back later at night because he wants to go on a party with you guys and some other people. Like this Kiko Mizuhara...Weeks after that we had a fight but not one of our usual ones, no, he didn't even wanna talk..."

I said trying to hold my tears. 

"And he didn't come back as well. A couple days after, when I came back home from work, all his furniture, clothes and other stuff were gone, just like him. It took me long to realise that all must've been because of Kiko. All he left was our couple picture we had on our wall in the living room, you know above the TV, you might have seen it once? The one we took in Rome."

Youngbae looked at me really shocked.

"I didn't know Jiyong could do things like that.. I honestly didn't expect that. I'm sorry.. really."

"It's okay, it's a long time ago." 

Silence broke in again.

"You're too beautiful to be treated like that. Inside and outside."

I looked at him, but he didn't look at me. He focused on driving.

"Thank you."

"You.. you said...that.. uhm.." he stuttered a bit. There was the shy Youngbae again, it's been long since I've seen him like that.

"Mhh?"

"You feel weird that Jiyong is dating again.. so.. it might be that.." he blushed.

"That?"

"You might should date again, too."

I giggled. "I should date you then!"

 

You might think I've flirted.

I meant it as a joke.

Really!

 

"Is there anything wrong about trying? I.. I'd treat you right."

He stopped the car. We arrived at the shop.

YOUNGBAE YOU ARE JOKING, AREN'T YOU?

 

"I.. I don't think so." I blushed. I was so confused.

"Don't blush." he said and didn't take his eyes off the wheel.

 

 

"Should we try?"