Back in Seoul

I can't breathe

"I can't breathe. Pia, I can't breathe. We should take a break."

"But Jiyong.. you can't just leave now! If you leave now... it is over."

"Pia.. please... I have a meeting now. Let us talk later."

"If you leave now.." I teared up. "Then it's over."

"We'll talk later." He said and left.

"You don't even fight for me!" I screamed after him as I saw his silhouette disappearing in the crowd of people.

I opened my eyes. Just a dream. I looked at the alarm clock, 5:50am. Damn it. Had to get up at 6 anyways.

These words replayed in my head repeatedly for the past weeks, painting each morning grey.

July 1st, 2011.

It's been one year since we took.. a break.

I got up, exhausted from the feelings that haunted me. "Oh.. ..." this headache was ridiculous.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. I starred at the mirror. "Come on. It's been one year. Why does it still hurt you? Why does it come back now? No. NO. It doesn't hurt you. He doesn't deserve you anyway." I nodded to myself and went to the kitchen.

"Bread or rice for breakfast?" I still didn't get how asians could eat rice in the morning but Youngbae brought me to it once.

I am a foreigner. More specificially, I am from Germany. And as many do when they turn 21, trying to figure out what life has to offer for them, I came to Korea to pursue my dream and work for YG Entertainment.

When I was still in Germany, I heard they search formManagers that are familiar with english and can bring the YG Artists around the globe, finding places to perform in Europe or in the USA. The second I came across their offer, I wrote my letter of application without ever expecting they'd take me. But they did.

And then I've met Jiyong and.. OH GOD PIA, STOP IT.

Anyway, when me and Jiyong broke up, I took a break of YG Family and moved back to Germany for a couple of months since Sajangnim was okay with it. I wanted to be as far from my heartache as possible. But I've learned, you can't run anywhere to escape from yourself.

So after I took my time, I decided to go back and just do my thing. I can't comply my life after Jiyong. This was the first month I was back into work and I really enjoyed it. Lately I worked a lot with 2NE1, so I din't have to see Jiyong that much anyway.

"Good morning, Mimi." I smiled as my little kitten came in. "How are you? Did you have sweeter dreams than me?" she moaned as if she wanted to say yes.

When me and Jiyong still lived together, we had Gaho. But as he left me, I didn't want to be alone.

I found this cute kitten in a pet shop and I just couldn't resist and took her with me. She never fails to make my day.

"Mommie has to work soon." I sighed as she looked at me. "Rrrrghdmahsm." she said. I giggled. "Mommie wants to stay home either! But she has to earn money to buy the best cat food she can get. Eomma will be back soon!"

 

Suprised by myself, I arrived at the YG Building half an hour early. I gladly took the opportunity to drink my third coffee with CL and Minzy, who I became friends with over the past months we've been working together.

"It's just that if we keep on making the same mistakes all over, we won't catch the dealine (...)" 

CL said to me as her voice disappeared and nothing than my racing heartbeat was left to hear as I came across an article on my phone. 

 

 

"BIG BANG'S G DRAGON AND KIKO MIZUHARA:

MORE THAN JUST FRIENDS?

The new dream couple spotted in Seoul's most expensive restaurant."