pink frosting (sekai)

neverending fluff

a/n more sekai bc ppl seem to like sekai xD if you liked it, please comment. show love!!! i am only a poor starving writer (╯︵╰,) 

"Chanyeol oppa," a high pitched, overly girlish voice called out, like something out of those shouju animes that Suho liked to watch. 

Sehun's eyebrows shot up as he shoved in the rest of his luggage through the narrow doorway. He shut the door, accidentally closing it too loudly. The bang seemed to be a signal for a figure dressed in pink apron (and only in a pink apron) to come shooting down the poorly lit hallways, right toward him. 

"Oppa! You're ho-"

The boy stopped dead in his tracks, causing a few pink and red frosted cookies to spill over the tray he was holding and onto the hallway floor. He stared at Sehun like a deer in the headlights. Which wasn't that unsuitable of a reaction seeing that the other boy was dressed in nothing but a precariously short pink apron covered in a rather cute strawberry design. 

"What the ? You're not Chanyeol," the other boy said, his voice at a more natural and considerably deeper pitch now, and sounding a  little strangled. His face turned a similar color to his attire. 

"Um...no. I'm not," Sehun said, sticking out a hand out of habit. "I'm Sehun, your new roommate. Didn't Chanyeol tell you I was coming?" he asked even though it was obvious that he hadn't known. "You're Jongin right?" 

"Yeah, I'm Jongin," the other boy replied, sounding confused now. "Nice to meet you." 

Sehun was surprised when Jongin actually took his offered hand and shook. And he was even more surprised when instead of running away to put on some actual clothes, Jongin knelt down on the floor and began picking up cookies and placing them back on the tray instead, lamenting the ones that were broken. This guy definitely had different priorities than he did, Sehun thought, slightly amused by the whole situation now that his hearbeat had gone back to normal. But he was most surprised when he noticed that Jongin was actually wearing more than the apron after all. Oddly engrossed with picking up all the crumbs from the fallen sugar cookies, Jongin had turned his back toward Sehun and was inadvertantly giving him a terrific view of his and the back of his tanned thighs. The pink string of a thong nestled between the other boy's cheeks, round perky globes that Sehun was sure would bounce so charmingly if he smacked them. Never mind, his heartbeat wasn't quite back down to normal yet. 

"Chanyeol didn't tell me you were his boyfriend. Kind of ty for him to move out on Valentine's Day then, I guess," Sehun commented, trying to break the awkward silence and distract himself from Jongin's . 

For the second time in about five minutes, the other boy dropped the cookies, the entire tray hitting the tile with a clatter this time. Sehun flinched. 

"What? He's moving out?" Jongin asked, clearly in shock. 

"Hmm? Yeah," Sehun replied, feeling even more awkward. What the had he gotten himself into? Uncomfortably trying to avoid Jongin's scrutinizing gaze, he belatedly remember the sealed envelope Chanyeol had given to him, with instructions to pass it on to Jongin. 

He reached into the front pocket of his messenger bag to pull it out and held it out to the boy still-kneeling on the floor. "Here. It's from Chanyeol." 

The other boy snatched the letter from Sehun's fingers and ripped open the envelope, his eyes scanning the words quickly. A few seconds later, tears began falling down his face accompanied with loud, heartfelt sobs. Sehun watched in amazement as Jongin slid to the floor and curled up against the wall, his face hidden between his knees and proceeded to cry his heart out. Carefully, he approaced the distraught boy like he would a wild animal.

"Jongin, are you okay? What happened?" he said, not sure whether his help was wanted. After all, he couldn't imagine many men wanted a complete stranger to comfort them while they were crying on the floor, wearing nothing but an apron and a thong. Surprisingly, the other boy took it quite well,  throwing his arms around Sehun, unabashedly continuing his crying session just as passoniately, but on Sehun's shoulder instead. 

Stiffly, Sehun patted Jongin's back. It didn't seem to help at all as his shirt rapidly became wet with tears. 

"He's leaving me," Jongin managed to breathe out between one of his less violent sobs. "He's moving to LA." 

Sehun didn't know what to say so he continued to the other boy's back. He didn't know what he had expected today, but he certainly hadn't been expecting to spend the evening with a lapful of , crying boy. At least, the boy was good-looking, Sehun thought as he freely ran his fingers through Jongin's unusually soft hair. Not that he was the type of person to take advantage of crying boys, of course. Chanyeol really was a jerk though. When he had talked to him to negotiate the details of rent and such, he had gotten the vague feeling that the other guy was kind of an , but to leave his boyfriend on Valentine's Day, and to not even tell him face-to-face...that was really taking it to another level. 

Sehun hadn't thought it was possible, but eventually Jongin ran out of tears, exhausting himself completely. The two ended up companionably sitting by side-by-side in the dark hallway, leaning against the wall and eating cookies that probably had a lot of bacteria on them from being on the floor one too many times. 

"These are pretty good," Sehun remarked. 

"Thanks," Jongin mumbled glumly, stuffing what was probably his seventh sugar cookie in his mouth whole. "My sister came over and helped me with them." 

Sehun tried to control his expression and did his best not be too judgemental. "That's nice."

"Ew...I wasn't wearing this with my sister around. I changed into this after she left, you ing ert!" Jongin exclaimed once he realized what Sehun must be thinking, whacking him on the shoulder. 

"You know, this get-up is probably why your boyfriend left you," Sehun joked, gesturing towards Jongin's outfit. 

Jongin stared at him; his eyes looked almost completely black in this lighting. Sehun stopped midbite, realizing that that was probably a little insensitive considering the circumstances. Someone should really duct tape his mouth shut. 

"Too soon?"

In response, Jongin just whacked him on the shoulder again, cracking a good-natured smile. Good thing Jongin seemed to have warmed up to him considerably by now. After all, they had just been through a traumatizing event together. 

After a long moment, Jongin spoke again, sounding near tears again. "He loves this kind of stuff actually. I just wanted to do something special for him on Valentine's Day, you know." The other boy's voice broke on the last word.

Silently, Sehun put an arm around the other boy's shoulders, which had begun to shake again. Chanyeol really was a jerk. A sweet, considerate guy like Jongin obviously was deserved someone better, someone who would court him, and do spontaneous, romantic things for him. Someone who would cherish him. So it was with a twinge of guilt that Sehun tangled his fingers in Jongin's hair, pulling him forward to kiss his pink frosted lips. The other boy succumbed without much of a fight, melting into him, desperate for anything to distract himself from his heartbreak. Sehun shrugged mentally. Jongin must have really bad luck. 

Because he wasn't a nice guy either.