don't cry (jongtae)

neverending fluff

i think i have a crying kink ohmygod as always comments r always rly appreciated. if u see any typos or anything pls let me know. i know i have a lot of them~

This was a new personal record for Jonghyun. It had been three whole days after Tokyo Dome, but he was still crying nonstop. Jonghyun was the type of person to cry all day once he started up, but this was looking to turn into an entire week of it. Taemin walked into the living, searching for Jongin's ipod which the other boy kept insisting he had left in the SHINee dorm, but which was probably, in reality, in Exo's refridgerator or something, only to find a still earnestly sobbing Jonghyun, cradled in Minho's arms. Minho was playing Mario Kart, ocassionally reaching down to Jonghyun hair in what supposed to be a comforting fashion,but only succeeded in making his hair stand up even more. Alarmed, Taemin tried to retreat as quickly as possible, but Minho had already spotted him. His eyes lit up as he saw his deliverance. Jonghyun had been crying on him all morning, and not only was his shirt now uncomfortably damp, his left arm had lost feeling an hour ago. Jinki and Key were both out picking up food at the moment, which left the two youngest at home to try and calm down Jonghyun. 

"Taemin, can you take Jonghyun-hyung for a while. I want to take a shower," Minho asked eagerly, already starting to stand up

Taemin was ready to politely decline, but the other had already hoisted up a rather soggy Jonghyun and was moving at a startling speed to dump the boy into Taemin's unwilling arms. Immediately, Jonghyun adapted, clinging into this new warm body like an extremely affectionate octopus. Sighing, Taemin carried Jonghyun, bridal style, back to his room. Hoping that it would be sufficient to muffle the sound somewhat, he rolled Jonghyun onto the bed and covered him with a mountain of blanekts and pillows since Jinki had been so adamant against duct-taping Jonghyun's mouth shut and stuffing him in the closet (Taemin couldn't understand why. It seemed a perfectly reasonable solution to him). 

"Taemin, did you find my ipod yet? And what's that sound," Jongin inquired, peering curiously, but not being able to see anything since the webcam was not angled in the right direction. Taemin frowned deeply at Jongin pixelated face on the laptop screen. 

"That's Jonghyun crying again. And it's all your fault he's doing it in my room," Taemin replied, feeling more than a little irritated. "And Chanyeol probably shoved your ipod up Baekhyun's because he couldn't find the ." 

Jongin scrunched up his face in disgust and was just about to respond when he was interrupted by the sound of Kyungsoo sweetly calling him to dinner followed by Kyungsoo threatening the other members with slow, painful deaths if they weren't at the table in five seconds. The threats were received with equals parts screaming and laughter. Jongin waved a quick goodbye to Taemin, the earlier words already forgotten at the thought of Kyungsoo's delicious cooking.  Taemin slammed his laptop shut and swivelled around in his chair and stared hard at the quivering and whimpering lump in his bed that was Jonghyun, contemplating what to do next. Jinki hadn't expressly forbid Taemin from drowning Jonghyun in the bathtub or bashing him over the head with one of the lengthy philosophy books that Jonghyun liked to read in his spare time. No and no - both options were far too messy. But he had to do something, before Jonghyun cried himself to death or Taemin went out of his mind. He propelled himself forward onto the bed by kicking off the desk. Jonghyun blinked up at him, his swollen eyes not yet adjusted to the bright light when Taemin finally unravelled him from his cocoon of blankets. But what Taemin noticed was not the state of Jonghyun's eyes, but his lips. The other boy's lips were red and swollen from biting, which gave Taemin the greatest idea he had had in a long time. In fact, he would even go as far as to say that it was even better than the time he replaced Jinki's soda with soy sauce. He sat down on the edge of the bed and wiggled out of his pants and boxers, ignoring Jonghyun's noise of surprise. He glanced over at the other boy, guaging his reaction. The other boy had ceased his incessant crying, shocked into silence by the maknae's sudden state of undress. Excellent. His plan was already effective. Taemin gently maneuvered Jonghyun to a kneeling position, the other boy looking up at him with a bewildered expression. 

"Taemin-ah?? What are you doing?" Jonghyun asked between hiccups , but didn't attempt to move away despite the fact that there was a inches from his face.

Shutting you up, Taemin thought, but of course he wouldn't say such a thing out loud. That would only have the effect of making the boy bawl even more. Instead, he just smiled down at Jonghyun in what he hoped was a reassuring manner as he guided Jonghyun's head down to his slowly hardening .