Yes or No

Mister Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
YES OR NO

**

Baekhyun’s POV

“Wait what?!?” Jongdae shrieked, his eyes confused and his mouth agape.

I cradled my already aching head in my hands. The exhaustion from today was finally setting in my body. Ah! I want to sleep~ I internally whined.

With a soft sigh, I peeked through my fingers and saw my best friend pacing back and forth in our small living room.

“Let me get this straight,” he started.

I decided to make myself comfortable in the couch. I could clearly see Jongdae processing the information I just told him. I nodded for him to continue.

“You were on your way to your interview when you saw a kidnapping in front of Kim International?” he asked.

I nodded mechanically.

“And you ran out there to save the person from getting kidnapped? So you literally fought off three large men to save a random guy on the street?”

He glanced at me. There was a look of confusion in his eyes; there was slight annoyance in his voice too.

I nodded my head again.

Jongdae then groaned out loud. “Oh my God Baekhyun! You and your hero complex!” he huffed in exasperation. I flinched at his words. “I don’t have a hero complex,” I meekly mumbled. “Yeah, right! What do you call mindlessly stopping a kidnapping, eh?” he scoffed.

I pouted my lips in slight protest but stayed silent. Okay, I have a hero complex. I admitted to myself.

“So going back,” Jongdae sighed as he massaged his temples. “The guy you saved was unexpectedly Kim Minseok,” he then asked.

A grimace soon appeared on my face at the mention of that person’s name. I solemnly nodded to my best friend’s question.

“The same guy you used to be head over heels for during high school? The same classmate who embarrassed you in front of the whole school? That Kim Minseok?” he inquired.

Jongdae’s voice rose as he asked. There was a slight indignation and disbelief in it too.

“Yes, that Kim Minseok,” I answered him. My eyes were welling up with tears as the memories of high school started to haunt me again but I hastily pulled them back.

I won’t cry for that tard ever again!

“Of all people, why does it have to be him? Of all people, why does it have to be that guy?” I incredulously asked no one. “Why does it have to be Kim freaking Minseok that I had to save, eh?” I puffed in annoyance.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. “What are you going to do, Baek? Are you going to accept his offer as a personal bodyguard?” my best friend asked with worried eyes.

My eyes then wandered towards the folder placed on the coffee table. I stared at it apprehensively.

“I don’t know, Dae. Because of what happened earlier, I missed the interview. I don’t even know if they’re willing to set-up another interview for me,” I said as I shrugged my shoulders in defeat. “Do you want me to explain to HR and ask to re-schedule?” he offered. I glanced at my best friend ever since. I’ve already thought of that but I felt like it wasn’t right. “No, you don’t need to do that,” I told him as I shook my head.

“Then what are you going to do? You’re going to accept the job?” he asked.

I reached for the folder containing the contract and just stared at it for a while.

“There’s nothing wrong with being a bodyguard. It’s a notable job after all. It’s not that hard to guard someone, right? Plus I’m a good fighter so fending off attackers would be a piece of cake!” I voiced out. Jongdae just nodded at my words.

And I’d get to be with Minseok too…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter