Push And Pull

Mister Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PUSH AND PULL

**

Baekhyun’s POV

The dinner date with Junmyeon was fruitful. Useful information slipped out of his tongue when he emptied out the contents of his stomach, with Yixing giving him a comforting hand.

Junmyeon drunkenly mumbled that his mother, Kim Hyeyeon hated Minseok as well as his mother, Aunt Taeyeon. He spewed his mother’s eternal hatred for the two.

Since Taeyeon was the oldest, all of the best was given to her. Hyeyeon got good things too but most of the stuff she wanted were given to her sister. Jealousy was obvious in the little sister’s system. And to top it all, Taeyeon was their father’s favorite.

He even admitted to hearing a conversation of his mother with someone on the phone saying that no one should ever find out about it – whatever it was. But most especially, Minseok shouldn’t ever know she was the one behind it.

Although Minseok had a hunch about his aunt, he merely brushed it off as paranoia. Nevertheless, another suspect was added on the list. So EXOM had a lot in their plates at the moment.

Kris was busy with strengthening the company’s security. More incidents had happened in the past few days. They were only petty and small mishaps but with their increasing numbers, it was obviously alarming everyone in the company. He was now Kim International’s temporary head of security as per Minseok’s request. The tall Chinese male was also responsible for Minseok’s safety as well. Aside from Zitao and myself, I honestly think all of his men, both in China and Korea, were already deployed just for Kim International and Minseok.

Meanwhile Luhan was busy watching numerous security videos. Since knowing of Hyeyeon’s involvement, he got access to Kim International’s information system. Everything from the company’s past records, present documents, and future projects – he had gained access to each and every one of them. Security videos from recent years too were taken into consideration to find any traces of unusual and suspicious behaviors coming from Minseok’s aunt.

Luhan even got the videos from the Kim’s residence in Gangnam. Although there were no sounds, the computer genius did find a few odd footages of Hyeyeon on the phone. He was closely looking into the dates and sequences of the incidents as we speak.

Seeing the doe-eyed male so serious was something new to me, as well as to Jongdae. We honestly thought he looked extremely attractive with his creased forehead and furrowed eyebrows. When he told him that, we got an annoyed yet flattered scowl from Luhan.

As for Yixing, he was still in-change of keeping an eye on Junmyeon. Even though his mother was a likely suspect, chances were that both mother and son were behind the incidents. Junmyeon was still considered a suspect but we were all leaning to his mother now. Watching Junmyeon was a precaution we all agreed to. It’s better to be sure anyway.

Now, Zitao’s part was a little odd in my opinion. We were still Minseok’s bodyguard but his priority was not Minseok’s safety at all but mine’s. It threw me off because I knew how to defend myself. Heck, I think I’m a better fighter than Zitao would ever be! But Minseok was adamant on this.

No matter how much I protested against this, he would simply shook his head no. I knew I wouldn’t be able to change his mind once he has decided but I honestly felt a little insulted for Zitao’s protection.

Does Minseok not trust my abilities at all? I asked myself.

Even the other members of EXOM were surprised about this. They clearly knew I could fight well. They knew I could effortlessly defend myself but it seemed like Minseok was the only one not aware of it.

Speaking of Minseok, he’s definitely acting strange lately.

I noticed since the dinner date, he has been avoiding me. It’s not like he’d hide behind the chair once he’d see me. No, that’s not it all.

Before, he was a touchy lad in all honesty. His hands would instinctively reach out for mine and entwine them together. Sometimes his arm would securely wrap around my shoulder and pull me close to his chest. He would even run his fingers through my hair from time to time whenever I’d accidentally take a nap on the couch. But now, he has closed off from me.

He would still smile in my direction from time to time but it would never honestly reach his eyes. I could sense something was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter