Here's To Never Growing Up

Here's To Never Growing Up

It was late in the night and a brunette was hunched over a desk scribbling on her notepads. Looser papers were scattered on the desk top and a cup of coffee was at the top right corner of the wooden desk. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and her glasses were slowly starting to slip off her nose. She sighed and pushed her glasses up. 

"12A.M." She muttered. "Well damn."

Leaning back, she yawned as she stretched her legs out in front of her. She took a quick glance at her messy desk top and sighed. She began gathering her papers and putting them neatly in order. She closed her Calculus textbook and her to Physics notebook on top of her Literature notes of Hamlet and Macbeth which had sticky notes sticking out of every which way in between the pages of the books. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. 

"Hello?"

"Tiffany Hwang Miyoung! Where are you?!"

"Are you drunk?"

" yeah, ! You should come here and get drunk with me."

Tiffany rubbed her temple, "Jess, I would, but I have so much homework left. I just finished Calculus, Physics and Literature. I still have Biology and Latin. I can't right now."

Jessica scoffed on the other line, "So? You need to live it up. Once you're done with high school, it's game over."

"You are out of high school. That's different. You're a year older than me. You don't have to be at school at 7:30 in the morning and come home at 3:30. You can do whatever you want." Tiffany explained. "How many times do I have to say it?"

"You sure? You'll be missing out on Beer Pong."

"I'll be there in 20 minutes."

-----

Tiffany showed up in high waisted shorts and a floral crop top in a house off of Main Street where the music could be heard two blocks away. She looked around the house full of drunk college students partying it up on a Sunday night. Of course, she had school the next day, but the brunette clearly didn't care about the homework she had left and the tests she was going to have the following day. 

"You made it!" Jessica shouted over the music. 

Tiffany eyed her best friend up and down, "That's my top!"

Jessica laughed, "These are your jeans too!"

"I want them back!"

"Let's talk about this when there isn't music blasting the entire house!" Jessica grabbed her friend by the wrist and pulled her in the kitchen where the Beer Pong game was taking place. "JeTi is next." She announced. A brown haired boy nodded and a tanned goddess smirked. 

"What's their problem?" Tiffany whispered. 

"That dude is Choi Minho and that chick is his best friend, Kwon Yuri. Rumor has it that she's a lesbian and Minho is gay, but some say that they're together. Clearly, nobody knows for sure, but they're always together and they've never seen Yuri or Minho with anyone other than with each other. Weird huh?"

She shrugged, "I don't see how that would matter."

"Are we gonna play or are we gonna keep whispering?" A voice called from the other side of the table. Tiffany and Jessica looked over and saw the tanned goddess smirk m

"Let's do this." Tiffany popped her neck and clapped her hands once.  

Jessica took a deep breath and took a shot. Tiffany held her breath as the ball bounced up in the air. 

Ping. 

"Yes!" 

Yuri scoffed and took the middle cup and chugged it with ease. Minho closed his eyes and bounced the ball off the table.

"Bottoms up." Tiffany picked up the cup in the front and gulped it down. 

Jessica took the white ball closest to her bounced it off the table. 

"Ooh. Nice try, princess." Minho mocked as he took a shot that easily landed in the cup. 

"Cheers, es." Jessica grabbed the cup and drank it dry. 

The game went on until Jessica and Tiffany only had a cup on their side while Minho and Yuri had two left. The music had been slightly turned down in order to give the four players more concentration. Minho and Yuri had smirks pasted on their faces as Jessica tried to calm herself down. The alcohol in her system has been there too long, compromising her vision. The stakes were high. 

Ping. 

"Woohoo!" Yuri cheered as the ball bounced off the table and rolled on the floor. "Looks like we're gonna win this." Minho bounced the ball off the table and grinned as the ball made a small splash in Tiffany and Jessica's side of the table. 

"As much as I hate to admit it, that was a good game." Jessica raised her cup as Tiffany, Minho and Yuri raised their glasses and finished their cups. 

"I'll see you guys in the dance floor." Yuri smiled and nodded. 

"Let's all take shots!" Minho screamed over the music that was now blasting while everyone cheered. "Jonghyun, Key, Onew, Taemin, get all our shot glasses out! Victoria, Krystal, Suli keep the liquor coming! Amber, turn this up!"

Four muscular boys emerged from the kitchen carrying shot glasses in their arms as three slender girls followed them carrying a keg in each arm. A blonde in the corner of the room had sunglasses and wore the hat backwards as she began to turn the volume up. The house shook from the bass' vibrations. 

"Cheers to never growing up!" The two best friends shouted over the music. Liquor splashed out of their shot glass as they gulped it down. 

----

The next day, Tiffany showed up to school wearing sunglasses that covered half her face and a cup of hot coffee in her hand. 

"Damn. That was a dope party." She laughed as she tried to get rid of her hangover.