Infatuation

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO

"You should be the one I'll always love;

I'll be there as soon as I can, but I'm busy mending broken peices of the life I had before you."

The room was filled with a soft muttering. A bright light glares directly onto his eyelids that causes him to squirm, and forcibly brings him back to reality. Taehyun groans and tosses his head to the side, burying his face into the warm and fluffy pillow. I want to sleep more.


"Oh, are you finally awake?"


Taehyun wakes with a jolt as the reality of it all sinks into him. Wait, this is not my hotel room. The overly bright light makes him squint, and he starts to become more and more conscious of his surroundings. He rubs the sleepiness out of his eyes and the blurry images before him start to become clear, sharp images of reality.

The bed was firm and foreign. The room was white and bare, with only one bed and a sofa by the side. The blue gown draped over his body. The air reeked of rubbing alcohol, and there was a man, clad in a white coat standing beside his bed. This was definitely not in his hotel room.

Taehyun blinks and it takes a while for him to put the pieces together. The hospital. His blood runs cold.

 

Memories of his last encounter with Jiwon replays over and over in his mind. He tries to sit up straight. Suddenly, he was well aware of the dull throbbing pain all over his body, aware of the IV drip attached to his left hand, and the cast around his right. He could feel panic and bile rise up his throat. He tries to say something, and he reaches forward, as if he was trying to get the doctors attention. Whatever words he was trying to get out gets lodged at the back of his dry and coarse throat, and it comes out as a strangled, helpless noise. The image of Jiwon's face was too clear and fresh in his mind. Eyes harsh with fury and vexation, attacking him with a raised fist and words dripping with bitterness and ill humor. He doesn't realize he's crying until his breath hitches with a choked sob.

The doctor ushers him back down into the bed, "Don't panic! It's okay, you're okay now. It's safe here."

As if Taehyun will believe any of that bull.

He tries to claw and kick his way out of his grip, as if his fingers were laced with deathly venom. The doctor fights back, and Taehyun lets out a scream. "Oi, send some nurses over!" The doctor calls out. Let me go! Letmegoletmegoletmego! Hospitals never take in strays. No matter how dying, how broken; how ruined. They should've left him there to die, rather than to let him wake up to a more miserable fate.

"Your hand is broken! Calm down, I'm begging you!" The doctor yelps. But his pleas fall into deaf ears as Taehyun's mind fills with hysteria and reckless thoughts of what they might do to him. Will they send him to a lab? Would they possibly send him to a far off province in the countryside? Will they experi--

He lets out another scream as he gets pushed back roughly into the bed by the nurses. They tie him down using restraints, one across his chest, one on his uninjured hand and a couple on his ankles. The doctor plops down onto the seat beside the bed and sighs in victory. Taehyun sends the most deadly and threatening death glare as he struggles to pry free from the leather straps that were tying him down.

"Stop fighting, you're going to get even more injured." The doctor sighs. "I'll get into trouble with your owner." He sends him a begging look, and ruffles his hair.

Taehyun roughly flinches away from his touch. "O-Owner?" What the hell was he talking about?

"What do you--"


"Kim Jinhwan! What the hell is this?" Another doctor, maybe in his mid-forties, walks up towards the doctor- Jinhwan?- and slaps the back of his head with his writing board. "Why did you restrain him? What the hell were you thinking? He's a VIP client!" He hisses.

Owner? VIP-- Wha-- What the hell? He turns to look at Doctor Kim, desperately trying to find answers.

"Doctor Yang!" He offers a deep bow as a form of apology. "I'm sorry! I didn't have any choice. He was panicking, and--"

"Save it, intern." The doctor says sternly. He turns to look at the nurses by the door. "Take the restrains off him."

 

/ / /


"So," Doctor Kim starts awkwardly and rubs the back of his head. "How are you feeling?"

Taehyun is finally unrestrained, but his mouth is bitter and numb, throat dry and rough. He doesn't know why he's here and he has got no clue as to what was going on. He could feel a headache forming right at his temples.

 

He answers honestly. "Like ."

Doctor Kim lets out a chuckle. "Well, you do have a broken arm, some minor bruises and cuts on your face. Hm, no signs and symptoms of a concussion or memory loss so far. Several bruises on your ribs- you're lucky it wasn't fractured or anything." He reads off of Taehyun's paperwork.

Taehyun frowns. "What hap- How-- Why?" What happened? How did I end up here? Why are you still taking me in even though I'm a stray? He tries to say but his mind is heavy with the migraine in his head, and his words trip over each other.

"About what happened, I think it's best if you wait for your owner to explain it to you." He flips the paper and reads off Taehyun's particulars. "Who was it again… uhm, Song Mino-sshi?"  Taehyun looks up.

"Wow, so that's why you're a VIP client. A private ward, no less," Doctor Kim mutters under his breath.

Taehyun sends him a confused and lost look, and Doctor Kim starts gaping. "Oh my god! Do you- Do you not remember your owner?" He starts gushing out questions in panic. "Do you remember your name? Are you--"

 

He gets interrupted by a knock on the door. It swings open and there stood a familiar hybrid. It takes a few seconds for Taehyun's mind to process the familiar face. Taehyun's eyes grow wide with shock. "You're--!" He could finally see the mystery voice in clear and bright daylight-- dressed in a casual wool sweater that practically drapes over his slim figure and black skinny jeans. Pale skin, puffy cheeks and pink plump lips, complete with fluffy hair and two black equally fluffy looking dog ears.

"Ah! You must be Seungyoon. Doctor Yang told me about you."

Seungyoon just stares at Taehyun. Taehyun could only stare back. After god knows how many awkward minute passes by, Taehyun is defeated and he looks away, trying to escape the hybrid's unfaltering gaze. Seungyoon finally nods. "Mino hyung has work today. So its just me visiting him today." Oh my god, he's still staring.

"Do you two need a moment alone?" Doctor Kim tries, after he noticed the weird exchange between the two hybrids.


"No way in hell."

"Yes, please!"

Taehyun glares at Seungyoon.

"Uh… Okay… Well, Taehyun-sshi has a checkup in thirty minutes, so I'll be back by then." Once Doctor Kim shuts the door close, Seungyoon skips towards the chair beside Taehyun's bed. He flops onto the chair, making his hair bounce. He smiles adorably, as if he was literally made of sunshines and rainbows.   Taehyun would find it cute if he wasn't confused and lost and angry. They sit in silence for a long while.


"Hi! I--" The puppy starts.

"Could you care to explain what the is going on?" Taehyun interrupts him impatiently.

"--'m Seungyoon! Nice to meet you, Taehyun!" Seungyoon practically glows and radiates happiness and he looks at him expectantly. Taehyun just stares at him.

"Uhm… I guess you must be very confused right now…" Seungyoon scratches the back of his neck and tilts his head to the side. Taehyun just gets even more angry. Was it even possible for this thing to be so cute no matter what he does?

"Migraine," Taehyun frowns and mutters under his breath, throwing his head back onto the bed.

Seungyoon perks up at this. "Are you okay? Do you need some Advil? Do you need me to call the doctor, or maybe the nurse--"

"No, just shut up." Taehyun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter