Chapter 8: Ready

You Predominate My Life

               “Hyung, just go and confess to him, before you regret.” Sungyeol concluded after his long speech of his experience.

                Woohyun was taken aback by the other’s bluntness. “In what point do you think I want to do this?” and managed to make a scoff.

                “Even if you don’t get the nerve, you still need to try.” Sungyeol patted the older’s back.

                “Wh… why?” he stammered in response.

                “Because before you get an excuse to yourself, you need to confess you true self. I am sure you would regret later if you don’t do it.”

                “Then why didn’t you confess?” Woohyun asked, having a slightest hope that he could challenge him.

                “Because I was too late. I gave myself too many excuses. I should have known it at that time, that time would never wait for us. When he told me about his crush his face was pure excitement and shyness, acting as a little boy discovering his first love. How am I suppose to confess to him, when he was so blind with his girl?” That was hatred and regret in Sungyeol’s voice, he hated the stupid him who kept evading from his honest self.

                The older stared at him in silence. He imagined himself was Sungyeeol, if Sunggyu-hyung confessed to him about his crush on another girl, he surely would be heartbroken. He wondered how the younger managed to hide his sadness in front of the INFINTIE, or maybe it was only him, who was dense enough to unnoticed.

                “Imagine years later, you seeing Sunggyu-hyung dating a girl, how will you feel about it?” seeing the older keeping his silence, the younger continued.

                “That would be very painful, my heart would be shattered into pieces.” Woohyun stammered.

                “Then go and confess, who knows how does Sunggyu-hyung think about you?”


                L stared at the unmasked Krystal, who looked exactly the same as his first love, Soojung. She stared back, their eyes interlock. The moment seemed to have expanded for thousands years. It was the look of couples who have been parted for life-long. They stared at each other, frozen, for a few seconds, Krystal was the first to break off. She quickly hid herself at the mment of realization that she had taken off her mask.

                “L-xi is a transfer after my departure, so her doesn’t know my ‘Soojung’ existence, right?” Krystal silently prayed. But things seemed not to be going on the way she wanted. She felt a firm grip on her wrist, and raged stare burning hot on her.

                Before she could realize what was going on, she was being pull off from the ground, and swung to a nearby bench.

                She was forced to sit on the bench, her eyes looked at the handsome face panicky. She could feel his hands resting by the side of her shoulder. Good, she was now perfectly trapped.

                “L… L-xi, wha.. what are you doing?” she tried her best to compose her calmness.

                However, L didn’t answer, he stared at her eyes deeply. Instead, he asked, “Who are you?” His voice was deep and husky.

                Krystal didn’t know what she should answer, so she just kept staring at him.


                Woohyun and Sungyeol were on the way to find L when they saw this view. L was pinning a girl on a bench. Sungyeol recognized the girl by her eyes, she was the girl he caught L was staring at that day.

                “How sould you feel if you see your love doing this?” Sungyeol asked bitterly.

                Woohyun stared at his bitter smile, wondered why he realized his dongseang’s love only at this point.


                Victoria had seen everything in her eyes. She had been there when Krystal was being dragged away in front of her eyes. She didn’t know what to do, she ought to rescue her beloved dongseang, but she noticed that part of Krystal was actually enjoying it. She didn’t have any attempt to struggle from L’s grip. Her eyes were not shivering, and had never left his face.

                She must admitted it, at some point, L looked like Myungsoo. Maybe in front of him, Krystal’s memory of her first love started to surface. She understood that Krystal was not desperately wanting her to rescue her, but the fierce aura from L made her having a slight feeling of worry.


                “Answer me. Who are you?” L shook Krystal’s shoulder fiercely, upon seeing the silent girl.

                “Krystal. K-R-Y-S-T-A-L.” Krystal answered, looking straightly into his eyes.

                “I know, Krystal. But Krystal what? Don’t tell me you don’t have a surname.” L asked snappishly.

                “Why should I tell you?” Krystal retorted.

                “Then is your name Jung Soojung?” L asked again, impatiently, seeing the girl didn’t give the answer he wanted.

                “No,” she answered, but there was a bit of waver in her voice. She pushed away L, scurried away. She feared seeing his perfect face will make her heart be soften, and fall for him. But the reality is that, she was a trainee, and she was forbidden to date.


                And the next day when Krystal went to school. It seemed that what happened the day before was only a dream. Nothing had really changed, she was still the unimportant girl sitting at the corner of the classroom, no one ever paid attention to her. Krystal was still someone inconspicuous in class, even L didn’t take a look at her.

                The only difference was that there was finally a person who took the initiative to talk to her. It was Victoria, she went straightly to the classroom once she arrived school, relieved to see Krystal sitting at the corner of the classroom reading her book.

                She stood in front of her, and told her sternly, “Krystal-xi, I think that you should reveal yourself to your other unnies. They want to see you again desperately. I can give you more time Today is Tuesday, you need t o face them before this Friday. Krystal-xi, we never blamed you for your departure.” And she left, without giving time for the younger to response.

                “Wait, wait.” It didn’t cause Krystal much time to make her decision, nearly immediately, she got up, and chased after the walking away Victoria.

                “What?” Victoria asked, once Krystal caught up with her.

                “Please bring me with you to the f(x) meeting tomorrow lunch. I think I am ready.” Krystal said.

                Victoria agreed, a smile was forming on her face. She was glad that Krystal was finally not a coward who tried to escape her past, fearing that she couldn’t bear it.

                “Of course, Krystal-xi,” Victoria smiled warmly at her, “please join us tomorrow.”


Author: Clarification: 

Krystal NOTICED that L looked like Myungsoo, but as their personality is very different, so she doubt them being the same person.

L also NOTICED that Krystal looked exactly the same as Soojung, but Krystal denied her identity. So he still wasn't sure about it, he was waiting for the confirmation.

Sorry for my poor presentation skill, hope that things will be clearer now. :D