34

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“What the do you think you’re doing?”

Kyungsoo heard the other growled at him. He knew how long the other has been standing there, he probably listened to his whole conversation too because the anger on the other’s face showed them all. Kyungsoo only took a deep breath before answering, “You’re not going there. I did this to save your sorry , Sehun.”

The younger harshly grabbed his collar and pulled him close to his face. He gritted his teeth, having too much things to say but he was clouded by the anger inside his head. “You ing gave them her location!” Sehun was about to punch him but the only thing running on his head was this time, he wouldn’t be late. No, he wasn’t allowed to be late. If he kept staying here, he would only waste his time. Sehun threw the older to his chair and rushed closer to the screen. “Give me the location. Send the location to me!”

“You’re going to ruin everything by going there!” Sehun instantly turned his head to the older at those words and through his eyes, Kyungsoo saw how determined he was. “Just this once, please have faith in me.” Kyungsoo said in small voice.

“But we never know what they’re going to do! You’re the one who taught me not to trust anyone easily.” Sehun said in a low tone while jabbing his forefinger on the older’s chest. Kyungsoo only winced at the slight pain because of the pressure it gave. “Especially when we already knew how evil they were. Do you expect them to go their usual way when they are very much aware that you can track them easily and make them fail their plan? I thought you know much better than that.” Sehun balled his hand into a fist, feeling his eyes suddenly sting. The younger sighed frustratingly. “Please, no, I don’t want to be late again this time. Please, Hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I think this colour will look better on you than this one.” The girl said as she brought the suit right next to Baekhyun’s side to compare with the one he was wearing. “It’s not that it doesn’t look good, but this one was just too gorgeous to be missed.” She muttered while looking at the red wine-coloured suit she was holding. “And I think I have a nice satin dress to go with this colour.”

Baekhyun smiled as he listened to the girl’s rambling. He knew she was talking to him, but it sounded more like she was talking to herself with the amount of mumbling she did. The man was trying out different kind of suits, and now he was wearing a set of grey plaid one. He was taking another look at the piece he was wearing when suddenly the girl came back with another set of Jet-black and Prussian blue coloured. Baekhyun only chuckled at her, “You know you actually look way more excited than me, huh?”

The girl only grinned at him. Choosing clothes for special occasion like this was something she really enjoyed. And not to mention that this was for Baekhyun, someone whom she understood would actually look good with any clothes he wore. “I am excited because you asked me to come with you,” Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows questioningly, “So you have to look good because I’m coming with you.” Baekhyun burst into a laugh at the reason.

Yes, some nights before, when they were talking on the phone before they sleep—oh well, they didn’t even remember how it started but it became such a routine for them to talk to each other through the phone before bed now—Baekhyun casually asked if it was okay for her to come to the Byun Pharmaceutical’s annual event with him. Aerin didn’t see why she wouldn’t be okay, so she said yes right away. Especially after the man told her that it would be a special day because it’s the inauguration night for him as the COO. Although he knew she would be fine, Baekhyun was kind of afraid if it would make her feel uncomfortable because of course, being there with him meant she had to meet a lot of people there. And although they haven’t announced their engagement officially, everyone in the company already knew who she was from the last volunteer event. And you know, news spread faster than fire burning the woods.

“Yeah, sure. I have to look good because I’m bringing a princess with me.”

“Oh, shut up.” Aerin only rolled her eyes before giving him the Prussian blue set. “Which one do you like? I think I love the Prussian blue the most.”

“Let me try the blue one, I have too much black suits on my closet already.”

Aerin took her time to look around while waiting for Baekhyun to try out the piece. They came to this expensive place for tailored suit which Baekhyun frequently came. But because they didn’t really have much time, Baekhyun only asked the designer to give him choices from the ready piece on his size. And after this, they would go back to her place to let her get ready before going together to the party. There were many pretty colours which actually caught her attention and she wanted to see Baekhyun trying them all. She specifically liked the red wine one, and the Prussian one.

On one corner far from the place she was standing, she noticed an ivory suit she missed earlier, and it looked so nice. The girl took a closer look at it before touching the soft fabric. The suit has silver highlight on the collar and the lapel, and it looked well-made. Ah, this will look really good on Baekhyun. But this one was certainly not for an ordinary event. Will it be too much for an engagement? But I’m sure it’s going to be perfect for a wedding though. She couldn’t help but blushed furiously when she realised what her own mind has been doing. Ugh, what am I even thinking about? She shook her head in disbelief.

“Aerin,” The girl jumped at the voice calling her. Baekhyun was already standing right beside her, and he chuckled at her shocked face. “Do you like that one?” The man asked as he touched the fabric on the display, the ivory suit she was currently admiring. She didn’t realise he’s been calling her from the fitting room because she was busy with her own thought on the suit. “Do you want me to try this?” He asked again, pointing at the piece.

She quickly shook her head, “N—no, I was just—”

“But I think this one would suit for a grander occasion, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, I think so.” She answered shortly. Baekhyun looked like he was thinking, and she suddenly felt her face burning. Oh, how she wanted to stop blushing for no reason. By the time he turned his head to her, Aerin was sure that he saw how red her face was because he suddenly chuckled and slipped his hand into hers. “I love the blue suit. It looks good on you. Shall we just take this one?” The girl tried to change the topic, but of course Baekhyun didn’t fall for it.

“Are you okay? Why are you blushing?”

“I’m not blushing.” She answered defensively.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

She flustered. “What are you thinking?”

“Don’t you think this ivory suit will be pretty for our engagement?”

“Oh Baekhyun, shut up.”

She quickly ran away from him. Baekhyun only laughed before following the girl back to whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter