08

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol picked his friend up from her house. It was weekend and they had planned to go together for a ski since two weeks ago. Aunt Jung had packed everything the girl would need, and of course her medicine ever since the boy told the older about the short trip. Chanyeol already promised to keep her safe, and that’s all that she needed.

The sound of Yiruma’s piano recital was filling up the car, bringing some relaxation through the ears of everyone who listened to it. Aerin have been humming to some of the melodies while closing her eyes, hands made small moves as she remembered she did a solo show with that song. Chanyeol, from the driver side, sometimes stole a glance at the girl beside him and smiled. He felt so relieved because she had shown a good progress according to his sister. She had become better by day.

Chanyeol remembered clearly, that day exactly a year ago, a week after the accident. He was coming to the room where she was treated at the hospital when this man, whom he knew as her brother, coming out of her room with an angry face and left just like that. Chanyeol rushed to see his friend inside only to find that the girl was crying violently, screaming, and pulling her hair. She was repeating some words he couldn’t understand. The only thing he knew was she repeatedly saying that she was wrong. He went to her bed and hugged her tight from the side, muffling the sound of her scream, trying to calm her down but still failed. He had no choice other than calling the nurses which then calming her by injecting some sedative through her veins.

“You know, I really want to see you dance again.” Chanyeol suddenly broke the silence. Aerin opened her eyes and turned her head to her friend.

Aerin clearly caught the sad smile the boy had on his face for some seconds. And she really couldn’t blame him. The memories they had about dance were precious. She remembered how Chanyeol would be the one keeping her company when she needed to do late practices. Some other times, Chanyeol would be the one playing the piano for her.

“I—I… I don’t know if I still can dance. I mean, you know I hurt my leg on that—”

Chanyeol cut her. “I know.” The girl could see that he was smiling “I’m just saying that I want to see you dance again, someday.” He said as he turned the wheel to the parking lot. “We’re here!”

She let out an excited scream to cover up the gloom which suddenly creeping inside the car. “Ah, finally! I really want to do this. It’s really been a while.” She said while taking off her seatbelt.

Chanyeol got off from the car and went to the trunk to take out their carrier and equipment. When the girl asked for her bag, he casually shook his head and told her that he could handle it. She just smiled and walked beside him to the hotel nearby. They checked into separate rooms and put their belonging on their own room before changing into comfortable clothes for ski.

Aerin went straight to the lobby after bundling up her body with a warm and thick jacket, gloves, and also a cute beanie that she knitted herself. Chanyeol was already at the couch, busy with his phone while waiting for the girl to come out. The man also wore a beanie, with a google stacked on his head. His hand bundled warmly with a pair of thick gloves. When he saw the girl coming out from the elevator, his lips curled up into a wide smile.

“I’m ready!” Aerin said.

Still all smiling, Chanyeol stood up right in front of her. Gently, he fixed her beanie and her bangs before squeezing her cheeks. “Let’s go!”

Chanyeol never regretted bringing her there. All he saw along the day were smiles all over her pretty face, also melodious laughter coming from her tiny lips when the man or the girl herself fell. For once he felt like he was hanging out with the old Aerin. The cheery, smiling, and warm Aerin he knew before. Sometimes he saw her from afar, enjoying herself swaying the sticks. When she got down the hill, she would scream calling his name with joy after realized that the man was still left high up behind. Because he was too mesmerized with the girl who unconsciously made her comeback. Chanyeol smiled and quickly slide down following her.

Time really flied, they didn’t realize that both had been spending their time until the sun was ready to set. They walked back to the hotel. Aerin kept talking about how she had easily defeated him on the race he proposed on her before. Chanyeol who walked beside her while bringing both their equipment just let out a small smile hearing all her chirps. Sometimes he ruffled her hair, earning a smack from the girl because he ruined the girl’s hair.

Chanyeol glanced at their hands which accidentally brushed at each other’s as the girl swayed them out of excitement. Suddenly Chanyeol slid his fingers between hers and held it tight which made the girl stopped chirping. He brought their hands into his pocket and continued to walk casually. She turned her head to see his face, but Chanyeol just acted like it was nothing. This man had held her hands many times before, even hugging her tight every time she had her situations. But this time she just knew that it felt different. Something was up, but she didn’t know what it was, no, more like she didn’t want to know. For now.

 

 

 

 

 

The man rang on Aerin’s door after taking a while washing and cleaning up himself. It didn’t take long for her to open the door and let him in. Aerin looked warm, bundled up with an oversized sweater. Her hair was still wet as she was in the midst of drying her hair when Chanyeol pressed the doorbell. She went back to finish drying her hair while Chanyeol took the menu book as they were going to have their dinner delivered to the room.

“Aerin what do you want for dinner?” Chanyeol peeked into the room to ask. She gave him the freedom to choose anything for her since she didn’t really have anything she wanted to eat.

Aerin threw herself on the couch right beside her friend who was busy browsing the TV channel, already had her hair dried and she let them down. “Have you ordered the dinner already?”

Chanyeol nodded, “Jjajangmyeon.” He grinned. “Been a while not eating that with you.” He said while pinching her nose, earning a slap from the girl. She snatched the remote control from his hand and turned her attention to the TV. It didn’t take long until they heard the doorbell rang twice, followed by a low ‘Room service’ “Let’s just eat and we’re going out for a walk later after the dinner if you want.”

“Okay, go get the door then,” She stuck out her tongue teasing him. Chanyeol got up from the couch and ruffled her hair before walking to the front door to pick up their dinner.

 

“I’m so full…” Chanyeol lied down on the carpet while rubbing his tummy. Aerin, who had just finished her strawberry juice, sat down beside him, cleaning the table from the mess they had made while they were eating. “You want to go out?” Chanyeol asked.

“Let’s just stay here,” She answered. “It’s too cold outside anyway.” She said while pulling her hair up and tied it into a bun.

Both of them were drowning into a comfort silence, being busy with their own though until Chanyeol suddenly woke up and sat properly beside his friend. He was fidgeting, shifting his position, probably looking for the most comfortable way to sit. Aerin seemed too occupied on the movie playing on the screen she didn’t even give a damn about what the ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter