chapter 4

You are for me, and I for you

Yunho sat alone in his office, one hand massaging his temple and the other tapping on the table. He feels like , even more so when he realized there’s nothing he can do to make himself feel better. His head ache and so did his heart, all because of one-man name Jaejoong.

 

“Jaejoongie… your cheek.” Yunho said as he caresses the scratch on Jaejoong cheek. “If I beg you, if I do anything you asked of me, will you please stop involving yourself in my sister’s case.” Jaejoong looked at Yunho, bewildered at the soft yet firm demand.

“Yunho, I’m sorry but I need to do this. You don’t understand – “

“I DO UNDERSTAND JAEJOONG! DO YOU?” Yunho shouted.

“You could die, they will kill you like they killed noona. Why don’t you understand my feelings huh? Are you leaving me too? I don’t have anyone except you, and if you leave me I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Yunho had a tight grip around jaejoong’s shoulder making the younger guy winced in pain. They both exchanged looks before yunho let go of jaejoong and walked out.

“Yunho-yah…” jaejoong whispered softly.

 

Jaejoong has already been discharged or rather he had discharged himself and got right back to work. They’re all in deep hole, the important evidences have been stolen and they’re left with nothing. The entire team decided an emergency meeting was needed.

“Where’s all the CCTV for the roads jaejoong and Dong geun used?” director lee asked.

“They’ve all been cut sir.” Onew answered.

“And we didn’t even think to check them before transferring the single most important thing ever.” Lee min woo said.

“It’s my fault sir. I wanted to use less people to not alert the surrounding, somehow they found out and got the evidences. I’m sorry.” Jaejoong hung his head low, feeling very miserable.

“Jaejoong-ah, I know what you’re trying to do but that is a very reckless move. You’ve just got reinstated, now I’m wondering if me letting you on this case is a good idea. You’re not a rookie anymore, I expect a team leader to be more cautious than this.” Director lee said with a disappointed look and left the meeting room leaving everyone hanging.

 

He knew he messed up. He miscalculated, his gut feeling has failed him, ever since that day. Jaejoong stayed long in the office thinking over and over again. The rest had left one by one to attend Dong geun’s funeral. His colleague was very reluctant to leave but they knew there was nothing they could have said or do as their boss puts on his cold exterior.

 

“I feel really bad for Jaejoong hyung, it’s only his first day and already one of us had died.” Onew said absent mindedly.

“Well it’s not his fault onew Hyung! If anyone’s at fault, it’s all of us.” Taemin said emotionally.

“Woah, wait a minute. I’m not saying it’s his fault taemin. I know how dangerous our work is, I’m just saying hyung always puts on that cold expression when he feels really down. Imagine how much guilt he is feeling ,even if he doesn’t tell us or show it. Remember when Jung Soo Jin died?” Onew continued.

“To think that the girl’s dad who made jaejoong hyung lost his job in the first place, agreed to opening the case and made jaejoong hyung lead them. Just imagine how much pressure that is to hyung.” Taemin said.

“Yeah…” Onew answered as both of them falls deep in their thoughts.

 

Jaejoong sat alone in the poorly lit meeting room, staring deep into space. He thought about back when he started the job as a rookie. He was so proud and so skillfull as a young rookie. He solved every case he’s been on and saved countless lives, which he thought maybe had made him cocky, maybe was the reason his first failure was one he could never recover from. He had one job, to protect. He was careless. His attention was divided.

He had received a call that day from Soo Jin wanting him to meet her at the sports bar. Turned out it was a surprise birthday party for him, held by Yunho and his sister was in charge of getting him there. They celebrated throughout the night, drinking, dancing, singing. Even when everyone had left, the three of them was still there. He knew the next day was important. Dammit, he knew very well but he wanted to feel this happiness just a bit longer and ended up waking hangover. They had to go to China with Yoo Jin, he was supposed to her one to one. But he was hungover so he went to get a drink to help with his headache, unaware that he was leaving yoo jin unprotected, and that was when everything went haywire. She was hit by a fast moving car.

 

Suddenly his phone lights up. A message from Jung Yunho.

“Joooongieeeee, it’s your birthday today. Remember your promise to have dinner together. Don’t be late or I’ll will be mad *pout emoticon*”

“oh .” Jaejoong mentally swore. He took his coat and keys as he dashes towards his car for the dinner plan Yunho kept reminding him for months now.

 


apologies for the late and short chapter T_T. I thought i got rid of the writers block but i was wronggggg. i hope this would do. Promise i will write a betterr chapter soon. *cries at the corner*