chapter 3

You are for me, and I for you

Yunho sat alone at a quiet bar, drinking his sorrows away. He took shots by shots, but the pain still lingers, his eyes were already damped by the endless tears. He thought about his sister, what she would have said if she were here. He also thought about Jaejoong , the man he grew to care so much about to the point he can’t survive without Jaejoong’s warm touch. Everything is messed up , one second they were happy, and now things are crumbling apart.

Yoo Jin noona’s case was a mystery , still is. Yunho didn’t know how complicated the investigation was, but one thing he knew for sure is that the danger that comes with it. Growing up , his sister was his everything, his parents, his friend and his angel. She took care of him like any good sister would , as normal as life could get until one fateful day , they took her away. All he knows at that point was,

  1. His sister was involve in something dangerous
  2. She needed protection from the police
  3. She was living in fear

Yunho reminisce the time he met jaejoong for the first time. He was still a rookie back then, following every order his superior gave. Yunho fell in love first, he fell so hard that his feelings were obvious even to strangers. His sister noticed it first and she, being the reliable big sister helped him out so much. Jaejoong was cold to strangers. He was so focused in his task that he didn’t even spare yunho a glint. Jung Yoo Jin was the one who set them both up, somehow , they ended locked up in her basement together, first time they spoke to each other. After that they started getting close to each other, all three of them in fact. Yunho sister would tease both of them a lot and yunho would just boldly admit to everything. It made Jaejoong a bit uncomfortable but after a good amount of time, he acknowledge his feelings. There hasn’t been a happier memory for yunho than the memory of them three together, laughing and caring for each other.

Yunho took out a small box he has been carrying around for years now. The day his sister was murdered, was the day he wanted to propose. The day he would want to make Jaejoong his forever, but with the gruesome fate that befall his sister, things could never be the same. Losing a sister, a family member was hard, but seeing Jaejoong expressionless face, eyes filled with tears he desperately trying to stop , yunho found out how painful a broken heart can be. He took the ring and stared at it as he took in a few more shots.

 

 

“Kim Jaejoong , I don’t know if I should congratulate you or be mad at you but whatever it is you’re feeling , I hope you’ll find some satisfaction in the reopening of this case”, Junsu said with a hard expression.

“I heard you’re first mission as a field agent is due tonight, becareful ok. I’m gonna miss seeing you in this department though.” Junsu continued.

“Thanks , junsu. I’m sorry I you have to find out from other people but I promise I’ll visit you a lot.” Jaejoong said with a smile as he packs away his stuff into a box, leaving towards his old station.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, your first task starts tonight. Before the press goes crazy over the reopening oof this case, we have to transfer all the evidence to somewhere safe. It won’t be long before the suspects became aware of the situation. They would want to steal it away.” Director Lee said sternly.

“Yes , I understand Sir. How shall we carry out tonight’s mission then? “ Jaejoong asked keenly.

The director starts briefing and he brought a few people in who would be helping jaejoong out. The mission is basically about transferring evidence to a special safehouse where it will be guided more tightly compared to their own their own evidence building.

Night befall, Jaejoong picks up a briefcase , handcuffed it to himself and store the key in his pocket. Outside the warehouse, a car has been readied to transport jaejoong to the desired place. Not a minute later, a truck coming out of nowhere collide itself with the small car jaejoong and his colleague was in. Jaejoong had somehow smashed his head against the window and was bleeding profusely. He was barely conscious as he saw a few man exiting the truck walking towards them. He knew he had to do something but was too weak to even move a finger. He could barely see the masked men stabbing his colleague over and over again as he felt his armed were yanked to the side. He knew now what they wanted. The only thing he had to keep safe and he was failing all over again. Drifting in and out of consciousness he realised a man wielding a knife ready to plunge, giving him the same fate his collegue was in.Yunh's face comes to mind. His lover's sweet smile and sweet gaze, he wants to see Yunho.He wants to tell him how much he loves him and most of all he wants to be beside each other forever....

Surprisingly, the man with the knife stopped, inches closer towards him as he kissed jaejoong’s bleeding lips. The last thing jaejoong remember was the smirk the half masked man was giving him.

 

Yunho sat on the staircase outside the bar. He gave up trying to get drunk and wanted to get some air instead. The ring still in hand , he fumbled with it as his mind went into a total blank. His phone went off, snapping yunho back to reality. He took his phone out as he looked into the caller ID. His eyes widen in horror, he knew really what had happened. He answered hastily as he ran towards the carpark.

Yunho arrived in the hospital, rushing towards the room number Jaejoong’s station had told him.

“Kim Jaejoong!” Yunho said loudly as he open the door.

“Jaejoongie, are you alright? What happen, tell me!” Yunho asked a tired jaejoong who was lying on the hospital bed with a bandage around his head, a sling on his right arm and a small cut on his left cheek.

“Yunho-yah, I’m alright. It’s nothing serious. Just a minor injury.” Jaejoong said as he lifted up his broken arm towards yunho. For a second there, he swore yunho looked like a kicked puppy, slowly his anger starts to catch up and jaejoong prepared himself of what to come.

“Minor injury? You call that minor. I was so worried I could die from a heart attack. Jae-ah what happen tell me…. When I see u like this, my hearts aches so much. I can’t bare it if something happens to you.” Yunho was at the brink of tears. Jaejoong felt stunned and quickly pulled yunho to sit on the bed as he cups his lovers face with his good hand.

“Yunho-yah, look I’m fine, I’m not going anywhere. You know I love you right, You look ugly when u cry.” Jaejoong tried some humour but yunho expression was still stiff.

“Jaejoongie… your cheek.” Yunho said as he caress the scrath on Jaejoong cheek. “If I beg you, if I do anything you asked of me, will you please stop involving yourself in my sister’s case.” Jaejoong looked at yunho, bewildered at the soft yet firm demand.