Chapter 2

You are for me, and I for you

“Director Lee, I want to reopen Jung Yoo Jin case .I’ve been going through the pass records over and over again and I found out something important that we have missed.” Jaejoong said with a stern face.

“What sort of evidence is it. The case has been abandoned for 5 years now. People are on the way of getting closure. Is this piece of evidence that important to invade the victim’s love ones and make them go through the same hell she experience?” The Director furrowed his brows together.

 

“Sir, I found a suspicious looking van in all our video recording of the case. I took the liberty to find out more about the company logo of the bank. Turns out it’s registered under China, and I need special permission to access the data from the Chinese Government. My gut is telling me this could lead us to something big.” Jaejoong tried to explain desperately.

“It could amount to nothing in the end Jaejoong – ah. Why are you doing this again, in the end the one who would hurt the most is you, not yunho or the parents.”

“Director Lee, I was weak before, I made a mistake, do you know how I feel each time I look at her brother. Yunho forgives me so easily but do u think he was not hurt by the incident. I want to make this right, it’s not fair to him and I cannot live with myself. If he doesn’t want a closure then his parents do and so do I.”

“You are really stubborn Jaejoong. I have to say I don’t have the full power to approve your request. If you could get the immediate family of miss Jung Yoo Jin, then I will consider reopening the case.”

“Thank you much sir. I will go and try to get their approval and come back to you. Thank you again for all you help sir. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

Jaejoong drove all the way to Gwang Ju that day, to the one place he knows he was not welcome in. He sighed deeply before plucking up enough courage to ring the bell. He was surprised that the gate was immediately opened for him and he drove inside and parked his car carefully.

“What do you want now.” Mrs Jung said coldly.

“You took away both our children, we don’t have anything.” Mr Jung proceed.

“Mr and Mrs Jung, I came here regarding Yoo Jin’s case and I would appreciate it if you could hear me out.” Jaejoong said carefully. It was so hard for him to remain the eye contact. To his surprise, the couple led him inside, ready to hear what he was about to say.

Jaejoong explain to them his desire to reopen the case and how he has been trying to figure the case out. He also explained his new finding and why he needed the Jungs to give their consent so he could further investigate.

“I will agree Jaejoong –shii but with one condition. Leave my son, and you have my blessing.” Mr Jung said unwavered.

Jaejoong was flustered at the sudden request but quickly composed himself.

“Do you think I don’t want to do that? I am not that shameless. I tried leaving , I couldn’t face him after what happen but he would let me go. He loves me a lot and so do I. I love him so much that I would want to let him go. I thought of how excruciating it was for him to see me everyday and be reminded of how he lost his only sister. But he wouldn’t let me go, even if I said goodbye he would just stuck by me and not leave me alone. I don’t want to disrespect your request , but it is not doable. I don’t own his heart and I can’t tell him what to do.” The Jungs are speechless. After a few seconds of silence, they finally agreed. They want to find the person responsible as much as jaejoong does and were not ready to move on at all.

After the successful visit , Jaejoong decided to head home. His head was hurting , he thought about how he was going to break the news to Yunho. He sat himself at the edge of the bed as he dialled yunho’s number.

 

Yunho busily showed the investors his new shop in the Gwang ju area when his phone rang and jaejoong’s name light up as the caller ID. He excused himself for a moment to take the call.

 

“Oh Jaejoong –ah are you on your break now?”

“Yunho, I’m reopening your sister’s case.”

“BWOH?? What nonsense is this. Tell me you’re joking.”

“I’m not Yunho- yah and your parents agreed to it. So the case will be reopen as soon as possible.”

“Where are you now!”

“Yunho I’m hanging up now. We’ll see each other when you’re back from you business trip. Bye.”

“Jaejoong? Yah Kim Jaejoong! “ The line went dead and yunho’s heart was about to burst. He hurriedly excused himself from the investors as they throw him an annoyed look. Yunho couldn’t care about it now as he dashed of towards his car and head straight to Jaejoong’s place.

 

Jaejoong put his cell phone down as he walk towards a drawer. His hands pause at the handle as he gathers enough strength to even look inside the small space. He took out a cd case and put it in the cd player. He sat carefully on the bed and watch the footage.

 

“There has been a murder on the busy street of Gwang-do also a minor collison of cars. The victim is a 26 year old female , who has been confirmed under the Special Protection Scheme. The agent in charge Kim Jaejoong was reported out of sight when the incident had occurred. We suspected a foul play in the incident but also could not rule out the possibility of a careless and unskilful agent in carrying out his job.”

Jaejoong felt his head getting heavier, as flashbacks flooded his mind. He held his forehead, burying them in his palm.

“Kim Jaejoong!” Jaejoong was shocked at the familiar voice.

“What are you doing now? Why are you watching that piece of crap news??” Yunho was furious. He couldn’t register the unbelievable sight.

“It’s for work Yunho – yah . Did your work trip ended early? You should call first before coming next time, I might not be home.” Jaejoong got up as he head to another room. Yunho grabbed the slender man arm tightly.

“Why? Jaejoongie…. Please stop whatever you’re trying to do. Can’t you see this will hurt you the most. I moved on, you have to try to do the same. I can’t see you in pain, I’d rather die.” Yunho pleaded.

“Yunho…” Jaejoong looked at his lover’s glossy eye.

“I need to do this. For us, for me for your parents and for her.” Jaejoong replied.

“Jaejoong! I demand you to stop all this nonsense now. If you love me , if you ever cared about us, please just let it go.You will only get hurt! I can’t let you go through that , not again.” Yunho starts to raise his voice. Clearly pleading didn’t convince him, he had to try some tough love.

“Yunho-yah I have to go to my workplace now. I have to report the consent from your parents. I’m doing this yunho. With or without you on board. It’d be nie to have your support though, but I won’t force you.” Jaejoong escaped his arm from Yunho’s tight grip and left. He could feel the piercing gaze the taller guy was giving him , but this is one request he can’t do for Yunho.