v

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs


❝zombies?!❞ Five

Taeyeon woke to a blurry cracked ceiling when a chilly breeze brushed against her cheek. Tiredly, she rolled her eyes from corner to corner and began making out the unfamiliar dingy room. In a distance she thought she could hear water dripping into what could have been a puddle or well. But water droplets were the least of her concerns. When she could keep her heavy eyelids open long enough, her senses started to kick in. She realized it was nighttime when she could see what she believed to be the moon’s light, piercing through a tiny hole in the walls.

To further investigate, Taeyeon forced herself up into a sitting position searching herself for her phone and whatnot. Once her phoneless, shaky hands fell onto her side the freezing bed slightly sting her. Fully awake, she scanned every corner of the room but to no degree was it familiar or comforting. Questions filled her mind, where was she? Who’s place is this? Was this a dream or real life? In the shadowy room, eerie thoughts crawled into her mind as she got on her knees searching for any kind of cover on the bed.

Taeyeon touched the cold, thin sheet that was lying near her feet then pulled it over her from every possible direction except her face. Moments after she was covered up, something told her to look for the exit and instantly she spotted a ray of light pouring into the room, from under what appeared to be a door’s threshold. Immediately she removed herself from the only warm spot within the room, the bed, and lowered herself onto the icy cement beneath her. Right on the spot Taeyeon froze, as if her bare feet has been caught in deep snow, it was hard to move another step.

However, once she looked up, the exit again became her goal. Thus she ignored the freezing floor and strode over to the light. As she pressed a hand against what could be the door, she flinched when it's rough and rocky surface poked her. Taeyeon then proceed to find its handle so she could leave whoever's room it belonged to. But when she came into contact with a round object, voices rose on the other side of the door, which stopped her from moving.

“Is the human awake?“ a manly voice was first heard before he was answered by another’s voice.

“Haven’t heard her move at all,”

A hummed left the first speaker’s lips before he added, “When she’s awake, Second master wants to meet her at the Cradle,”

“Of course”—a third man said—”we will assist the human then,”

“I’m leaving then,” the same deeper, first voice said. From what Taeyeon could make out, there were three men so far with one departing. Either way she would still be left in the care of two men, which meant leaving the room and running away would be just as difficult as if she was in the care of all three.

“Would you be travelling beside the North Star?” the second voice asked.

“Yes, before the next full moon visit. However, Head master wished to see the Witch of Chaos before the full moon,”

“You’ll be leaving for Right Star after then,” Taeyeon was starting to pick up the differences between the men’s voices. The first was deep and calm, the second husky and loud, and finally the third masculine and slow. As Taeyeon continue to listen she didn’t realize that trouble was about to struck soon. While trying to get a clearer understanding of what was happening on the other side, she notice it was nothing but silence. Frowning she repositions her head just to be startled by a growl. Quickly she retraces her steps and hops onto the safety of the bed, curling herself with its sheets once again.

Then she heard what appears to be clicks, someone turning a doorknob, squeaks. Someone or something was trying to come into the room. Taeyeon knows that it was risky as she doesn’t know what was behind the door, but if she could get out and find her sister, she can get to the authorities. Taeyeon was part of the track and field team at her high school and college, thus perhaps she could outrun whatever was at her door. She just needs a good spot to sneak out if the door were to open.

Swiftly she moves toward the supposed door once more but leans against the wall and out of its way. The turning didn’t stop.

“What are you doing? Open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter