i

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs


❝Maybe it's the weather getting to me, funny how weathers can be very strong mood-makers,❞ One

On a wet day, thunder rumbled through the smoky sky—shaking the dead, bland earth below it. Joining in on the loud rolls were the splashing and panting of a duo-party of wolves, one with magnificent blue orbs and a full snow-colored coat and the other in a charcoal pelt with daring metal-gold eyes. The two adult-male-lion-size mammals scurry down the road, infested with water-puddles, between the fields of bodied trees. Their zigzagging and multiple short darts were signs that they were retreating from something—or someone.

Meanwhile, hidden in the forest, a swish of movement and wind headed in the similar direction as them. Just by their side the sound does not die or slow down. The animals, realized they’re followed, picked up their speed despite their large size. Unfortunately the cold weather did not prevent them from the massive body heat they were getting and feeling. Their inescapable marathon has lasted for what felt like forever; however, they’ve yet to give up.

Their territory was less than a mile away and if they could get close enough to its border, they knew they would be safe from their chaser. Their chaser, who too knew very well of their upcoming safety, sped up the last minute. With a quick side dash, the black silhouette was able to knock the white wolf off its four, sweaty paws. Then like a domino effect, the lighter wolf clashed against the darker and sent it flying closer to the edge of the road and trees.

Without stalling too long, the white got up in haste and growled at the figure before it. The furry animal was aware that without its inky partner, it stood no chance against their attacker. The attacker on the other hand was not in any animal form. In fact the physique’s appearance was that of a man—a very attractive man with shadowy black messy hair, charming bright silver eyes, and sharp features.

The man was also tall and lean as seen by the outline of his loose dark clothes. Over his tight black shirt was a jacket, with metal chains hanging off its bottom seams, as long as his height. Around his neck and resting on his paled skin was a simple gold chain that appears dull under the grey sky. While the man wait for his targets to recover, he could hear the growls from the white creature. And as the dusky one got up, it didn’t growl and instead shifted to its ready-to-attack position.

Without a sound it launched itself forward, forcing the attacker to protect himself by adjusting to the side in order to perfectly seize the side of the wolf’s neck into a dangerous hold. With one strong turn of the man’s body, he could easily end the mammal. But the two knew too well of their attacker’s next move, thus once the black struggled to set itself free from the lock, the whiter wolf swayed its body back a little to build power before hurling its huge body toward the man. Not wanting to risk his attack, the assailant released his first prey in order to avoid the other.

The man departed from the two beasts in one whole by leaping backwards into the woods. Though the bystanding trees were a cause for the pause, the wait didn’t last long. Moments later a third party showed up at their battle scene.

Another wolf.

One intimidating and twice the size of the other two. With a mix of white, silver, and grey to complete its tidy fur from head to claws, the one just arriving came to a stop beside his kind. The newcomer was the only monster wolf left in all of Soldon. The one they call Taecyeon.

“Nana, I have to head out now. You wouldn’t mind closing the whole store again would you?”

In the lobby of a tiny dessert restaurant the one addressed as Nana was cleaning the small, square tables with a rag. She looked up when her name was called before locking eyes with her boss, the restaurant owner—a lady in her early 30s. The lady was dressed up and painted with soft makeup to bring out her beauty. Not surprised by the proposal Nana thought to ask, “Are you going on another date, Jungah?”

The woman nod and pursed her curled lips into an apologetic frown, “I’ll pay you double, would that be alright Nana?”

Nana wanted to refuse. She has been closing down the store alone for the past two weeks. Closing alone was possible and no difficult fleet, but it’s too much work for one person despite the small size of the restaurant. Not only do Nana need to clean the lobby—putting the chairs on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter