ii

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Tʜᴇ Asᴄᴇɴᴅᴀɴᴛ Offsᴘʀɪɴɢs


❝Your brother still likes Nana?❞ Two

With full freedom, the sunny sun had decided to brighten another day meant to be wet, cold, and dark. The morning breeze and subdued sunlight bounced off of Nana’s white skin as she traveled to school on foot peacefully. It was still too early for parents to send their children off and for buses to come around thus like the sun, Nana has all of the freedom in the world. Her freedom was that she wouldn’t need to wait; she could walk across normally busy roads without having to wait for cars or signals. She could go into any open store and be the first in line. However, Nana chose to follow protocol out on the streets and she avoid all stores calling to her. Her only destination was from home to college and nowhere else.

On campus Nana found an empty stone bench, in between two neat lines of bushes, near her first class. As she took the seat she could feel its coldness burn through her pants. With her backpack still hanging from her back, Nana scan the scene around her. Her class buddies hadn’t arrived yet according to the dead sight. Nana stuffed her hands into her jacket and let out a heavy sigh as she waited for class and her pals.

It wasn’t until twenty minutes later that two gals her age approached her. “Nana!” A feminine voice cried as two bodies stopped in front of Nana. The lass look up to meet the smiley face of her blond friend Lizzy and the annoyed expression wore on dark-haired Jooyeon. Nana knew fairly well that Jooyeon was a night person, thus when Lizzy pestered her into joining her and Nana for a morning class, Jooyeon immediately regret letting Lizzy talked her into it, hence the long face. “Good morning,” Lizzy greeted earning a smile from Nana, “you’re early again,” Lizzy had her arms latched around Jooyeon’s as she eyed Nana. When Nana only smile and nod, Lizzy quickly jumped onto another idea, “Nana, there’s still some time left before class, should all three of us grab breakfast real quick?” Nana looked over to Jooyeon, who was looking elsewhere, before agreeing to Lizzy’s idea with a hum. Once Nana got up on her feet, Lizzy hooked her other arm around the taller, “Let’s go!” she declared then pulled the two lasses beside her.

The girls were sitting in a small cafe on campus, one that served coffee and desserts. Nana and Jooyeon had found a table first and sat across from one another while Lizzy pick out some goodies. Jooyeon had her arms crossed over her chest, meanwhile Nana’s hands were rested on her lap. “He wants you to come by later today,” Jooyeon began, “he said something about having a present for you and your sister. You said your sister’s birthday was yesterday right?”

Jooyeon wasn’t a fan of Nana. They only hang out because of classes, Lizzy, and Jooyeon’s older brother.

“Tell him it’s alright, we don’t need—”

Jooyeon cut in with a click of her tongue and leaning forward, “Even if you don’t want your gift, at least bring your sister’s to her. I know you don’t like my brother but show some appreciation for what he has done for you and your sister,” the lass rolled her eye before falling back into her chair. Before Nana could respond, Lizzy came in noisily and happy.

“I picked out some desserts for all three of us~ here,” Lizzy placed and pushed the little mountain of goodies in wraps toward the center. Then quickly she took the seat beside Jooyeon and made eye contact with Nana. “Nana, you know last week’s paper. Did you finish it?”

“I did,” Nana answered, a response that made Lizzy pursed out her lips.

“Really? Then it’s only me who didn’t get a chance to finish it?” she asked with big, round, sad eyes.

Nana smiled a little at her comment, “I’m sure if you ask professor, she might let you turn it in later,”

Lizzy sigh and shook her head as she grabbed a cookie out of a small plastic wrap, “You know Professor Park doesn’t like me because I barely turn in effort work,” the lass mocked then trailed off due to embarrassment.

“Then you should have done it,” Jooyeon spoke up this time in an irritated tone, “you already know that you’re a slacker so I wonder how you thought you could survive a morning class,” Lizzy scoffed at her friend's words.

“I told you, I’m only taking this class because Nana took it. If I had kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter