Good Enough, Bad Enough: Makeover

[☀] Good Enough, Bad Enough: Makeover Fic #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

TRANSFORMATION X Sehun's Broken Glasses, Your Fixed Appearance

 

I looked around to see if the restaurant was in check. I was currently working at this place thanks to my father's contribution to the restaurant with his wine business. I loved this job, not to mention that fact I worked here with my cousin, Luhan. We had been working together for a few months and handled things pretty well here.  He was the lovely blonde gumdrop that customers adored despite his serious attitude to tending to them. They were his favorite amongst other reasons. However, today I couldn't meet up with him. I had switched shifts so I could achieve the main goal for today. My transformation moves. I, Kim Rina would be a different woman! With a proud smiled, I found the one person I wanted to see and walked towards the manager. I ended up behind her, "Manager-nim," I whispered before nearly being pushed back by instinct. My reaction grew overwhelmed by her issue with me. "Gosh! Rina! You scared me half to death; don't sneak up on me like that." The middle aged woman whined while checking her heart beat. That was just like me to sneak up on people with this God awful chilling tone. My manager continues eye balling me accusingly. "Your hair made it worse! What do you think you're doing with that type of hair? It doesn't even look clean, you weren't serving too many customers right? You'd probably give them a heart attack or better yet, make them spit their food out."

 This was the usual for me; getting teased for the way I looked because I cared less about my appearance. Oh, how I was tired of it. I was wearing a decent uniform, but my hair wasn't its best today, big deal; it was in a ponytail. The customers still loved me for my talent in giving worthy service and they gave me the most tips out of all the waiters, even Luhan. Before the nagging manager could continue, I covered fed up with the complaints my presence gave. "Arasso! You don't have to worry about this hair anymore. That's why I changed shifts to an earlier time. I plan on getting a complete transformation." Proud of myself, this messy haired girl removed her hand from the woman's mouth and put her hands in her pockets. I cheeringly smiled at the dumbstruck look on her face. Yeah, I hope your teeth rot, you old hag. "So I'm leaving now, that's what I came to tell you. Tell sunbae I said to take my customers, starting now." Heading off to the back of the restaurant before she could say anything else, I retrieved my belongings and made my way out the busy restaurant. Even though you loved working here, the employees really ticked you off.

 

By the time I had finally arrived to the first goal on this list, I was in the course of chickening out. While standing in front of the salon for about thirty minutes with a undetermined look on my face, I had gained a few judging glances from the stylists inside. Would I go in or not? Giving a sigh while twisted my lip into a pursed frown, I moved, walking away from the salon. My legs stiff from the standing ended up giving me an issue as I almost tripped on something on the ground. The plan hadn't gone anything like I'd hoped. 

Plan one

: Throw away all tom-boyish clothes and the clothes that Kris had given me

I wasn't going to keep the things that man discouraged me with!

Plan two

: Get off from work early

Plan three

: Get a new wardrobe

Plan four

: Get a new hair style

Honestly, the fourth plan wasn't my idea; my hair was at a wonderful shade in life and spicing it up with highlights or whatever just wasn't my thing. I would never dare to cut it, but after getting a call from my mother, it had to be a must for me because this was all about change. My mother calling to converse for an hour on a usual basis had lasted longer once I told her Kris and I had broken up. Oh, I didn't hear the end of it after that. My mother, my shameless mother managed to give a three hour lecture, screaming all about the things I knew but couldn't work up to accepting. You'd think a mother would comfort her daughter after a breakup, but not mines. To her, Kris was the best thing I could ever achieve in life. She was thankful that a guy was confident enough to date a girl like her daughter. She liked him so much, that she was heartbroken once I told her the news. You'll never hear from me again, young lady. And with that, she had ignored my calls for a month. It wasn't until yesterday that I'd worked up the courage to call her after a month.

Yes, a month. My mother was the queen of holding grudges. It was to call her, to admit that this wasn't where I wanted to be and I didn't want to be that woman that looked like she couldn't get a guy because of the way she appeared. So what I liked wearing shorts and sneakers and rocking a damn snapback; these mere luxuries were about to be brunt to the ground in order for me to be appreciated for the damn good catch I was towards anyone. It turned out that no matter how good of a person you are, people categorize you the way they deem fit and I was in that category that said I was either a lesbian or a tomboy. me. I was going to make a change if it was the last thing I did. Therefore, you could imagine the joy of my mother that she didn't even want to hear another word out of my mouth before she said $3,000 would be put in my bank account just to get started. In a way, I felt a little happy, but not for the money. My mother had never done anything like this for me before, my sisters were always the ones being spoiled to death because they were exceptionally gorgeous and or the eye candy to those around them. Sending money was like telling me my mom was finally noticing me again. 

During the course of walking, I managed to bump into someone without noticing. This made me halt and stomp my foot sternly. Still not realizing there was very attractive guy eyeing me as if I'd come out of cat fight with real cats; I was to immersed with my subconscious to even hear him talking to me about his sunglasses. Who was I doing this for? My mom? To prove I could be better than any girl Kris would ever have, or for myself? Would it be okay for it to be all three? It was sort of a package that was shipped to my front door and the choice was infinite because I didn't know which one to ship away or open. This is for me. I want to change for myself. I don't want to be the one picked on over material things, but over things that makes sense! Spinning on my heels, this now determined woman walked on, that was of course until some man's hand grabbed for my arm. I almost yelped, uncomfortable with someone touching me before I shifted my gaze to them. Reaching for me was tall and handsome young man. I thought perhaps I had caught his eye and he’d fallen for me at first sight but with the way I was looking there was no way.

His acute sly lips began to move as he spoke, "Excuse me, but you just broke my $975 sunglasses." He says, and I noticed him dangling what's left of the sophisticated item. My jaw hangs open not because of what I've done but because I was right about that falling for me part. But aside from that matter, did God clip his wings and send him down Earth on his merry way? And what's with that look, it's so persuasive yet uncomfortable the way I’m being stared at. His brown orbs begin narrowing to prove a point of aberration. "I did? Me? When?" I ask him, confused as he snatches his hand away from as if he's touched something dirty. His eyes glance behind him where his hand gestures towards a spot of which I had just walked from. "Over there," He turns his head to face me simply frowning at this unfortunate event. I shift towards him seeing his adjudging gaze adjust slightly. Unaware of where my mind was at that time, he doesn’t hesitate to continue like some sort of prosecutor in a mellow dramatic drama. "Whatever it is you were thinking of you made you stomp your rude little foot on my shades! Were you even paying attention to where you were walking, you idiot?" The handsome brunette barks, giving me a piece of my own medicine only I spit it back in his face, "Hey, hey! Calm your narrow behind down. If I broke them, give me the name of the brand shades they were and I will pay you back. Now if that's all; give me your name and number and I'll have it sent to you next day air if you prefer." I manage to discuss without a hassle; because no, this isn't that story where the person can't afford .

 Unequipped, he stands there surprised I probably can afford much of anything from the way I’m looking. Judging . "Here," A card is then handed to me. I warily watch him place the broken shades in his heavy set coat. He’s really good looking – no Rina! Focus! He seems to work... as a DJ. I smirked, playing with the card in my hand. He gave me his number, oh – I don’t even have a makeover yet and I – "Contact me there; my address will be given upon your call." I hear him say. The way he carries himself seems very unethical because he doesn't even wait for me to bow my sincere apologies as he just walks off. Oh Sehun I stare at the business card sourly, "Hope your playlist crashes, you ." I muttered into the salon, my facial expression now serious.

A woman came up to me then bowing, she herself did the same and looked around as if she didn’t know why I was there. "Welcome, you finally decided to come inside~" She teased with a fake smile. I bluntly sent a silent sneer towards her way once she turned around to walk. "What is it you're looking for?" Her question caught me by surprise by far. What was there to look for in my eyes? "Here, you can find a hair style you like." The woman handed me a magazine before gesturing me to take a seat. My brow raised slightly amused with what they could to hair. "D-do I really have to go through all of these? Can't you just give me a wash and cut or something?" I ask, certainly not ready to make that big a change but hell, it was just hair. I didn't know much about hair, except washing, combing, blow drying, and other things.  "We can do that for you, maybe give you auburn highlights?" The woman started puffing my hair with her pale fingers to examine the disaster under her hands. I gave a shrug before placing the magazine down. "Go ahead. I really don't care as long as I don't end up bald."

The minute I got in the chair assigned to me, I closed my eyes. I would be able to relax a bit, despite the rude whispers, How did she leave the house looking like that? Do your best with her, okay?  It went on that way for two hours, and once I felt myself spin around, I could feel the cover rip away from me body. "Done,” The stylist announced before I flew my eyes open. I was the same girl, just with better hair; nothing to be surprised over. I had to admit though; hair did sort of make a difference, especially the color, it brightened my hazel eyes. "What do you think?" The lady asked. I examined the bounce of my now shoulder length strands and managed a grin, "It's wonderful." The stylist smiled back more or so relieved that I would be walking out of here less frightening as I made my way out of my seat. "How much will that be?" Reaching in my bag, I found my phone had a message, so I took it out along with my wallet. "Seventy-five…" Giving the stylist the money, I bowed before looking to my phone saddened that I couldn’t share this moment with the certain person. It was a message from Luhan and he was pissed.

TO: RINA
FROM: LU DROP 
MESSAGE: YAH, ! WHERE ARE YOU? MANAGER SU SAID YOU CHANGED YOUR SHIFT? I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU! I’M GOING TO PUNCH YOUR FACE YOU FUGLY PIECE OF COTTON CANDY. NO ONE WILL EAT YOU WHEN I PUT – NO I AIN’T GONNA DO IT… JUST TEXT ME BACK ASAP. THAT GUY IS STARING AT MY AGAIN… THE GUY NAME MINSEOK..

TO: LU DROP
FROM: RINA 
MESSAGE: I'M SORRY I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter