04| seokai

Dribbles

Title: Mysterious Notes

Characters: Seohyun, Kim Jongin

Summary: A series of mysterious notes got her cringing


 

“Are you a camera? I always smile when I look at you.”

Seohyun froze as she stared at the first page on the library book. A post-it note with a beyond cheesy pick-up line was stuck on it. She looked around the library, wondering how on Earth it got there because it was definitely not there when she first got her hands on it. Five seconds of pondering and she decided that she should continue with the book and acted as though nothing happened. True enough, the bookworm was able to finish the whole novel within 3 hours and returned it to the counter promptly after.


“Do you have a map? I’m getting lost in your eyes.”

Seohyun could not believe it. “How… in the world?” It was already the third time in a row that she received such a note. She shivered a little from all the cheesiness and frowned at the front page of the book with disgust… How do girls even appreciate such things? She thought to herself and then carried on reading her book. Little did she know, that one guy was chuckling at her reactions from afar.


Seohyun is more mindful of the book's whereabouts this time now. She made sure that she has it in her hands all the time before she left it at the check-out counter for the librarian to process her book, then she left to search for a place to sit in the gardens. Even though the library is a quiet place, she had always preferred reading in the nature instead.

“Hey, don't frown. You never know who could be falling in love with your smile.”

She dropped her book and just stared at the book on the ground. “No, seriously. HOW?” She questioned. Then something struck her – and she decided that she should try it out the next visit instead, and went on to finish her book.


“If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.”

“Hng,” Seohyun smirked. As expected, she was right. She hurriedly finished her book and then stuck a post-it note over the cheesy one, then returned it at the counter. She walked out of the casually, then breezed in and hid behind a shelf near the counter. She picked a book off the shelf as a disguise while observing the librarian at the counter.

The male librarian opened the book to the front page, and then laughed at the sight of the post-it note. He looked around in embarrassment because he was a tad too loud. Then proceed to take the post-it notes off and then processed it.

“Bingo,” Seohyun said to herself with a smirk plastered on her face. She put the book back on the shelf and stayed put behind the shelf a little longer. She wanted to make sure that no one else was in line. She then tidied her hair and straightened her dress then walked up to the counter.

“Hi, care to show me that galaxy you have in your hand?” Seohyun said to the librarian called Kim Jongin, who was processing the books every single time she was there.  "Ya - just what do you think you're doing???" she whispered at him furiously. Jongin shrugged his shoulders casually. “Just trying to hit on you, maybe?” he smirked. Seohyun tried to contain the urge to smack him real hard and pursed her lips instead. “Game on, dude,” she said. She smacked one post-it note on his forehead then left the library like nothing happened.

Jongin was taken aback by her sudden action and could not react to her actions fast enough as there were people in line at the counter. He smiled at them as he passed the processed books back, but earned a ton of giggle or weird stares instead. He frowned at their reactions as they walked away, and felt something on his forehead. “,” he cursed under his breath, then hurriedly took down the post-it note stuck on him.

“Hello, I'm a thief, and I'm here to steal your heart.”

He stood up and cheered out loud, but proceeded to bow and apologize to everyone in the area clumsily. Looks like he has found his match.