03| kyungseo

Dribbles

Title: All About Your Heart

Characters: Seohyun, Kyungsoo

Summary: When differences mean nothing. 


 

Seohyun put down her book and stared out of the window, out at the basketball court where a group of guys in their sports attire were trying to practice for an upcoming basketball match. However, they were not doing their usual warm-up routine or practice. Her eyes so sharp that she spotted him immediately, all focused on the basketball in his hands. Instead of dribbling it, he started kicking it like a soccer ball. She giggled a little while tucking her hair behind her ear, the Do Kyungsoo she knew had always been a little odd ball, or a special snowflake to put it nicely. But no matter what he did, he was still able to make her laugh. For that, she knew that he would always be the guy she chooses.

I don’t mind your odd behaviour
It’s the very thing I savour
If you were an ice cream flavour
You would be my favourite one

She would always picture him as a ray of sunshine, her sunshine. He brings such joy and warmth into her life, that she could barely recall how her life was before they have met. It was as though he had rainbows and sunshine following him around, that he was able to bring colours and light into her life. Right at this moment, Kyungsoo noticed Seohyun, and started waving his hands in an exaggerated manner that it was almost impossible to not notice him. Seohyun tiptoed from where she was and waved back at him, laughing a little while doing so. She loved the way he noticed her so easily, even from afar.

My imagination sees you
Like a painting by Van Gogh
Starry nights and bright sunflowers
Follow you where you may go

Kyungsoo was moving backwards as he was waving frantically at Seohyun that he accidentally tripped and fell over one of the tall guys by the name of Chanyeol; exactly the same way when Seohyun and Kyungsoo first met as freshmen. Seohyun was sitted at the bench near the field when she noticed the same group of guys chatting and fooling around. Kyungsoo was quiet then, just observing the rest while they talked and laughed. Then he suddnely stood up and walked towards her direction. However, he failed to notice that Chaneyol was laying on the groud and fell over when he tripped over him. This was when Seohyun reacted and ran towards him to try and treat his scraped knees and palm. She could only smile apologetically to him for this sudden outburst of action, while Kyungsoo just stared at her with his big eyes – and that, was how they have met… and where everything started between them.

Oh, I've loved you from the start
In every single way
And more each passing day
You are brighter than the stars
Believe me when I say
It’s not about your scars
It’s all about your heart

She let out a happy little sigh and let her mind drift while still staring out of the window. She has always thought that they were similar yet different – they were both really polite people, but he would be mad as hell if someone were to pick a fight, while she would try her best to resolve them in a peaceful manner; they both love music and singing, and had the same preference in music; he was only a few centimetres taller than her, but she always felt that somehow he could do so much more than her when it comes to everyday activities with his strength; she was not a good cook, while he was known to be the best cook amongst his friends; she loved books, while he loved the movies. Despite all these, she knew that deep down inside, he was a gentle and caring guy whom respects the elders and was someone who loves with all his heart. Even though they were both imperfect, she was glad that they were able to accept each other just the way they are.

She smiled at the sight of Kyungsoo again, and then placed her book down and signalled to him that she would go down and look for him. Kyungsoo nodded in an exaggerated manner and grinned widely in reply. With him waiting for her, she hurried down the hallway to find him, the little oddball whom had successfully captured her heart. 

-----

A/N: I've had this in my draft for a long, long, time now (since 2014), and I'm finally posting this incomplete piece up. I don't think there will be a complete story to this, but I hope you'll still like it nonetheless! 

P.S. There are two versions to this song, and here's the other one. I hope you'll like it too! 

P.P.S. Oh. & here's the inspiration for the oddball Kyungsoo.