01| seohan

Dribbles

Title: Our Tomorrow

Characters: Seo Juhyun, Luhan

Summary: When goodbye is the hardest decision.


Standing at the end of the room, Luhan took a final glance across the whole flat. He had been here for the past 7 years – he had shared one of the happiest moments in his 25 years of life here. He closed his eyes and allowed the memories to run through in his mind like a carousel – happy, sad, angry, bittersweet – he allowed all these emotions to run through him all at one go. His eyes shined and glistened in the dimly lighted flat when he finally opened them again. He lightly nodded his head as he gathered the luggages and then turned off the lights one last time before closing the door… one last time.

 At the lobby, he signaled for the taxi driver then loaded everything on the taxi. He gave a polite smile to the security guard as he said a quick thank you and waved his final goodbye. He was afraid that he might tear up if he were to hang around a little longer. The security guard, Kim ahjussi, had literally been his safety blanket for the time he had living here – for without him, there could have been more unnecessary trouble is his life. Luhan could not take his eyes off the building as he sat in the taxi, still reminiscing on all the times he spent there. The building became smaller as the taxi drove further away. Then it finally hit him – his life in Korea is ending.

“Thank you, ahjussi,” Luhan said politely as the taxi driver helped him unloaded his luggage. “Have a safe flight, young man.” The taxi driver said as he gave him a firm, friendly, pat on his shoulder. In response, Luhan smiled and bowed at him. After checking in his luggages, he sat down at a café and thought about what happened in the last week – how she had cried, fought, raised her voice and shouted at him asking if he ever understood her. He did not want to give way either – he had tears in his eyes as he defended his thoughts, holding himself back from raising his voice as much as possible. Mostly importantly, he embraced her in his arms there one last time. This time they are really letting go – the stake is huge and the tears could not be stopped.

Luhan looked down at the floor, still deep in thoughts, when suddenly he caught a familiar scent – her perfume. He looked up to see her beautiful face with the tired eyes. “I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have raised my voice at you. Please, just allow me to go my way,” she pleaded. Luhan stared at her for the whole time, tears forming up in his eyes. He stood up immediately and enveloped her into his arms. “I missed you, even though it has only been a day. I missed you, so, so, much. I get where you’re coming from now. I fully understand you now. I just didn’t want to separate your parents and you. You are, afterall, their only child…” Luhan spoke softly into her ears while still embracing her.

“Look behind you,” she said. Luhan let go of her unwillingly and turned around to find her parents standing behind him. “Mr. and Mrs. Seo… I –“ Before Luhan could finish his sentence, Mr. Seo raised his hand up politely to stop him, and then gave a kind and knowing smile. “Go ahead; this is her dream… the both of your dreams. Just remember us here, and come back to visit often. When we’re over, just remember to bring us around too.” Mrs. Seo nodded, tears shining in her eyes. This was hard for all of them, but they know nothing could change their daughter’s mind. “Take good care of her,” Mrs. Seo said as she walked up to hold Luhan’s hands. Luhan gave a firm nod, reassuring her that he will.

Then he turned to look at her – the woman who meant everything to him – giving up on her life in Korea so that she could spend the rest of her life with him in a foreign land. Seo Juhyun, his love, the silly yet intelligent lady; the one whose nostrils flares up when determined or angered; the one who had given her all to protect him, to nurture him, and to make him who he is today; the one whom he will spend every ‘tomorrow’ together after they  enter the airport gate.  She gave her final farewell to her parents – embracing them, giving them a kiss on their cheeks and then the final wave of goodbye. She turned to Luhan, held his hand tightly and took a deep breath – trying to fight back the tears.

“There’s no more turning back now. Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with me? This is one final move till the point of no return, oppa,” Juhyun said, with worries in her eyes and her brows furrowed into a worried little frown. Luhan smiled at her, soothing the frown away with his finger and then planting a soft kiss on her lips. “You’re all that I’ve ever wanted, Juhyun. I’m doing this with you. From tomorrow on, you’re going to be Mrs. Lu – and that shall be our new chapter, our new adventure. I love you, so very much.” He said as he looked into her eyes, using each and every word to reassure her. She gave a tiny smile as a tear rolled down her cheeks – tear of happiness – and then together, they walked into the departure gate towards their ‘tomorrow’ together.

------

A/N: Second dribble ft. my favourite SeoHan. I have just completed this a while ago... but couldn't decide if it should be published as a one-shot or not and so I've left it here. I hope you'll enjoy it. I was feeling emotional while typing this. :') 

As usual, feel free to comment, feedback or suggest!