☾ • two •

☾rescent | HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you’re from Korea?” Watanuki asked.

“Yep.” CL replied, sipping her cup of green tea.

“That’s cool. I would like to go to Korea. However, I have a shop to look after.” he smiled.

“You keep it pretty nice here. It’s very cozy.” she noted.

“Thank you.” he smiled. “But if you’re in Korea, how’d you end up in Japan?”

“I don’t know. I guess I was transported through a wormhole and coincidentally ended up here.” she shrugged.

“There are no coincidences in this world.” Watanuki mentioned.

“There is only hitsuzen. The inevitable.” CL finished. “Yes, I remember Yuko say the exact same words to me when I encountered her.”

“How’d you meet Yuko-san?” he asked. CL opened to start when two little girls stepped into the room rubbing their sleepy eyes. One of them had long blue hair in pigtails and the other had pink hair just past her shoulders with two little pigtails tied at the top of her head and the rest was left down.

“Ohayo Watanuki.” they called in sync.

“Ohayo.” he greeted. Turning to CL, he gestured the two little girls  to introduce them. “The one with pink hair is Marudashi and the one with blue is Morodashi. But we call them Maru and Moro for short.” CL smiled as he introduced them to her, dipping her head to them as a form of respect.

“Maru, Moro,” he turned, “this is Lee Chae-rin.”

“Konichiwa. I’m Lee Chae-rin but you can just call me CL.” she smiled. The two girls smiled at her playfully.

“CL!” they cried happily, pouncing on her all of a sudden.

“Maru, Moro. Please go clean up your room and then you can head outside to play.” Watanuki told them.

“Yay!” they called, immediately letting CL go to leave for their room.

“Sorry. Maru and Moro does this to everyone. I hope you don’t mind.” Watanuki apologized.

“No worries. They’re very cute.” she smiled. “Very energetic for a pair of girls with no souls.”

“You can tell?” he asked.

“I’m a magician. Of course I can tell.” CL smiled. “But what I can’t tell is their purpose.”

“They help protect the shop. They sustain the shop and take care of it especially during times when I’m not around.” he explained.

“Yuko created them?” CL figured. Watanuki replied with a smile and a nod.

“We’re done!” Maru cried, both racing out of their room.

“We’ll go play now okay?” Moro finished. Watanuki smiled at them and gave them an approving nod. Shrieking, they went to head outside only to encounter someone else at the front door.

“Yo.” the man greeted.

“Watanuki! Doumeki’s back!” Maru chimed.

“Doumeki’s back!” Moro echoed.

“Welcome back.” Watanuki greeted.

“I’m back too!” a black creature called out. The creature looked rather rounded and long eared with and earring clipped to it’s right ear and a blue, semi-sphere looking gemstone attache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter