☾ • one •

☾rescent | HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blinking her eyes open, she woke up in an unfamiliar room. She sat up and looked around, feeling more confused than ever.

Where am I?

But a question like that cannot be answered by herself for she had only woken up. Carefully, she peeled off the blanket that covered her and stepped out of bed. The room was filled with butterflies and had a soothing essence burning right next to her. The bed she had lied in was decorated with a beautiful opaque-white bed hanging and a wooden door laid before her. Her only way out of this strange room.

It was strange, very strange. But it wasn’t because of how the room was decorated or what made up the room. It was because the room had a strange power concealed within which intimidated her. She sensed it. She knew that it was merely a defensive barrier but it was obviously set up by a somewhat powerful magician.

Not wanting to remain in such a room a moment longer, she walked over to the door to turn the knob. But before she even got the chance to touch the butterfly shaped handle, the door swung open revealing a teenage boy with one blue left eye and one gold right eye, wearing circular glasses and a black robe. They both gave each other the same surprised expression but the boy was the first to smile.

“I see that you’re up.” he noted kindly. However, she already had her defenses up and grappled his neck, running him into the wall just beyond the door.

“Who are you? Where am I?” she growled.

“Calm down.” he managed.

“I will not let you go until I have answers. You must be one of those after me aren’t you?” she retorted.

“What are you talking about?” he asked painfully, gripping her hand and hoping that she would loosen her grip. Startled by his sudden touch, she threw him onto the floor, took out the dagger in her boot and pounced on him. Her dagger was targeted as his neck while her left hand and feet kept him pinned down.

“Don’t touch me!” she growled.

“I mean no harm. Please, just listen to me.” he begged.

“I’m listening. I’m just not letting you go just yet.” she told him. “Who are you and where am I?”

“My name is Watanuki Kimihiro and you’re currently in a shop that I run.” he responded.

“What kind of shop?” she continued to question.

“A shop that grants wishes. For a price, of course.” he replied. His reply sounded very familiar to her but she couldn’t understand why. Despite that, she refused to let the boy off too easily.

“A shop that grants wishes? What kind of outrageous shop is this?” she grumbled.

“Well, this shop’s purpose originally was built for an event that happened 15 years ago but since the event was over and concluded, the original shop owner died and I succeeded it.” he continued.

“To be able to grant wishes, you must know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter