☾ • five •

☾rescent | HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lying on the porch one night, Watanuki lifted his pipe and started to smoke it as he gazed up at the beautiful full moon.

“You act a lot like her.” CL smiled, walking in with a tray. Watanuki looked up at her and returned a smile. “Yuko, I mean. Whether if it’s your professionalism, you words, your clothing, the way you two relax, it’s all so similar.” she pointed out, bringing in some midnight snacks along with some liquor, as Watanuki had requested.

“Yes. Well, I try to do everything that would remind me of her. Before she died, I have lost a lot of my memory. I didn’t remember how old I was, or what school I went to, or even my own parents’ names. After she died, I was afraid that I would forget her forever so I decided to dress in her robes, smoke her pipe, live in her room and even act like her. Hoping that my actions would keep on reminding me so that I would never forget.” Watanuki explained.

“Well, I can understand why. Yuko really is the kind of person that you never really want to forget. She’s sacrificed so much.” she told him, setting down the tray and sitting next to him to enjoy the view.

“Yes.” he whispered sincerely. He then averted his attention at CL and looked at her with nothing but a smile on his face. CL felt his gaze and turned to look at him in confusion.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Nothing.” he smiled.

“You sure? You seem to refuse to stop staring at me.” CL noticed, feeling a little uncomfortable.

“I just think that you remind me a lot of her as well.” he smiled.

“What do you mean?” she furrowed her eyebrows at him in confusion.

“It’s been awhile since there was another female around in this place. Then you come along with that blood-red eye of yours. That eye- is the same colour as Yuko-san’s eyes.” he told her.

“No that you mention it. The first time we met, not only were you intimidated by it but you also wore a sincere expression at the same time. Is that why?”

“Was I really that obvious?” he let out a soft chuckle. “Yes. Yes it is.”

“WATANUKI! I SMELL RICE WINE!” Mokona cried, hopping out of Watanuki’s room. flipping over one of the cups that sat on the tray, he poured a little bit of wine into it and handed it over to Mokona who finished it in one chug.

“MORE!” he cried.

“One more and then you must go to bed.” Watanuki ordered.

“OKAY!” Mokona cheered. So Watanuki poured a little more into his cup and Mokona drank it all immediately after.

“Bed. Now.” Watanuki told him. Mokona wore a sad expression but then hopped into Maru and Moro’s room where they all slept together.

“What a handful.” Watanuki exclaimed to himself. He then averted his attention back to CL who only giggled.

“It’s almost time.” he suddenly mentioned.

“Time? For what?” CL asked.

“To find out your reason for being in this shop. Go change and come back out here to meet me. I shall go change as well.” he told her. Nodding obediently, they both got up and departed into their rooms.

Moments later, they both step out and waited patiently at the front.

“What exactly are we waiting for?” CL whispered. Watanuki closed his eyes and listened, not answering her question. All of a sudden, CL’s attention was brought up and she looked up and around frantically. She felt another wormhole like presence but it felt odd to her because it wasn’t exactly the type that she was familiar with and the presence was also very strong.

“They’re here.” he finally said. Looking up, CL saw what looked like a bubble like thing in the sky that dropped on to the ground like a water drop then disintegrating, in all directions, revealing several people that were contained within it. One was a young boy, no older than the age 18, one was an older and buffer guy that carried a sword on his shoulder and another w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter