☾ • three •

☾rescent | HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next couple of days, CL worked as a full-time worker at the shop that Watanuki now owns. She helped out with a lot, whether if it was doing some chores, running some errands, or looking after Maru, Moro and Mokona, she practically did them all as she lived within the shop.

“Thanks so much CL. You’ve really made things a lot easier around here.” Watanuki smiled one day.

“No problem. I’m glad that I was able to get a place to stay right off the bat for a price that I was gladly willing to pay.” she replied. “What do you want for dinner tonight?” But Watanuki gave no answer. In fact, he was very focused with his ears, as if he heard something faint from a distance.

“What is it?” CL asked, a little frightened.

Watanuki smiled, “We have a guest.”

“WELCOME!” Maru and Moro greeted in sync right after. CL’s jaw dropped, wondering how he knew without needing to hear or see the actual person approaching the shop. However, he was a magician so she wasn’t entirely surprised.

“It’s someone for Master Watanuki!” Maru called.

“Yes! A guest for our master!” Moro chimed. Happily, the two lead the female guest to the dining table and helped her to her seat. When they have successfully lead the guest to her chair, they left the room.

“CL, would you please prepare the tea?” Watanuki requested politely.

“Of course.” she smiled. CL strolled into the kitchen as Watanuki walked over to the guest.

“I’m sorry,” she started, “I’m not supposed to be here. But somehow, I walked past this shop and all of a sudden, my legs seemed to have a mind of it’s own and brought me here.”

“There are no coincidences in this world. There is only hitsuzen. The inevitable. You are here for a purpose.” Watanuki replied.

“A purpose? But where am I, exactly?” she asked.

“This is a shop that grants wishes for a price. For you to be able to enter this shop must mean that you have a wish that I am able to grant for you.” Watanuki replied.

“A wish? What do you mean? What kind of wishes?” she continued.

“Any kind of wish really.” Watanuki replied.

“Any?” she clarified.

“Any.” he nodded.

“Here’s some tea.” CL offered, placing a cup of Chrysanthemum tea in front of the guest from her serving tray and another in front of Watanuki.

“Thank you.” the woman smiled. CL smiled and bowed as she walked behind Watanuki to listen in on the conversation without looking like she’s rudely eavesdropping.

“So? What is your wish?” Watanuki asked once more.

“My wish? I don’t think I have one.” she replied, unsure of her own answer.

“Surely you must have one. Think about it.” Watanuki smiled kindly.

The woman pondered on the question for a little before answering, “Well, I don’t know if this is considered a wish-”

“Surely, if it’s something that you want is a wish that is to be granted.” Watanuki confirmed.

“Well, I have been losing memory a lot lately but I’m positive that I haven’t hurt recently. I have even forgotten how to get home once.” she mentioned.

“And you would like to regain memories again?” Watanuki figured.

“Yes.” the woman replied sternly.

“Why?” he asked.

“Well, memory is very important. If I don’t have memory, then it’s like having amnesia. I’m scared that I might even forget my own name one day.” she responded.

“Yes, that is true. However, memories also hold burdens. Painful memories of the past that you’d rather not talk about or losing a loved one which has scarred you for so long. Have you ever considered that you’re body has been trying to erase those painful memories for your sake?” Watanuki asked.

“If it’s a painful memory, at least I would like to have them back and learn from them as a mistake that I need to move on in life with.” she explained.

“You seem so sure of yourself. Are you sure?” he confirmed.

“Yes.” she replied once more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter