Breathing Exercises Save Lives... Apparently

Freak Show

"Oh my god it's my first show," Saeron gushed, jumping up and down in a circle.

"Oh my god it's your first show," Kyung agreed, equally as excited.

"You do realise your main reason for being here is to make the interlude less boring, right?" U-Kwon joked, earning himself a prod in the ribs from Zico.

"Shut up," Kyung and Saeron argued simultaneously.

"Don't deny it! She's in between the contortionists from Jeju and the tight-rope walkers from that village where they click their tongue to say yes!" U-Kwon continued, getting his foot stamped on by Kyung.

"If you ruin this moment any further I will bite your head off," Kyung threatened.

Saeron watched in awe as Zico walked into the main ring and adressed the audience of hundreds, the biggest audience they had had in two years, "And now we will have our half-hour interlude," people began to get up from their seats, "But wait!" Zico hastily continued, "Before you decide to join a queue the size of the Thames for a snow-cone or some cotton candy, please could you welcome our newest addition to the BlockB family! Don't worry! The only thing that'll snap at you is her amazing comedy, Kim Saeron!"

"Breathing exercises," Kyung instructed, "In, out, in, out, okay?"

Saeron nodded before slowly walking into the ring in the middle, adressing the whole audience as she said, "Parents, and I know there are lots of you out there, have you ever sat down on the couch, relaxing while reading the paper and suddenly you hear a curdling shout of 'Azul'? You look around, unsure of where it came from because your child is not that loud and certainly said nothing about learning Spanish at school, and are struck with horror when you look at the TV and see a familiar pink-shirted, orange-trousered girl accompanied by her red-booted monkey. And your child has the remote.

"What do you do? Ask them for the remote? Lightly suggest they change to Disney Channel? Or just put up with it? Except, you can't. Because if she says 'Rojo' one more time you might just lose your rag and speed through the pop culture section of your paper, even though you're trying to find a nice movie to watch later on. And so you ask. 'Darling, do you think we could watch Boomerang today? They have Wacky Races and The Power Puff Girls.' But no. So you try again. 'Sweetie, how about you switch it to Disney Channel? I think they're playing Phineas and Ferb right now.' But no. And so you try again. 'Pumpkin, what about Cartoon Network? I think The Amazing World of Gumball is on right about now.' And without a second thought...

"They change it. You've done it! In reality they're playing Ben Ten: Omnitrix but you couldn't find it in you to care- but wait. They're changing it to Nickelodeon. That's not too bad. As long as we don't go back to- Winx Club is on. Darn. It. All."

Resounding laughter and cheering were heard as Saeron took a bow and thanked the audience. She giddily walked back as Zico announced that they would be back in twenty minutes and invited everyone to join the queues. Almost immediately she was welcomed by a group hug, and human marionette B-Bomb gushing about how funny and honest it was. Saeron stumbled backward, and Kyung could only fit in the words, "You didn't exercise that breathing, did you?" Before she slumped onto a bench, passed out.