Ropes, rings and rhythms

Freak Show

"Well..." Zico began as his vision began to blur, "This... is... uh- give me a minute, would you?" he paused for a second to stop himself from dry-heaving in front of a lady. He cleared his throat, "Yes! This is the... fun... house?" He said, unsure about it himself. Saeron had to lean against a wall to stop the spirals from making the world seem like it was turning.

"There's a..." Zico continued, his cheeks going red as the blood rushed to his head, "table... for... stability with... a-a desk lamp over... over there," he pointed feebly at a simple oak table with one chair and a stainless steel lamp. Saeron ran for it.

Sitting down quickly, she giggled as she watched Zico stumble after her in attempt to win the seat back. Realising his plan was futile, he thought of something new and grinned widely. He became face-to-face with Saeron, only an inch away from her, and grabbed the desk lamp. He twirled its bendy neck around and around as he shone it in her eyes. He then jumped behind her and swung it above her head, muttering, "Give it back! Give it back! My chair! Mine!" as he went.

-

"I'm sorry but, what do flappers have to do with ventriliquism?" Saeron asked, interrupting Zico's Hamlet prose, causing him to frown.

"Nothing much," Zico responded, immediately telling the flappers and brass players to 'clear off until the next gig'.

-

"Welcome!" P.O announced, dancing into the room with Jaehyo skipping behind him, "To our circular thingy of mirrors! It's one of our most visited side attractions! Granted, that includes U-Kwon coming in every day to clean the darn things," P.O then turned his attention to one of the mirrors and began styling his vibrantly purple hair and smoothing down his suit. Taking his chance, Jaehyo dragged Saeron onto a white platform that sat in the middle of the room and took out a tape measure. He then began to measure her proportions.

Saeron's eyes widened to the size of saucers before she jumped off of the platform and ran out of the room, screaming "Stranger danger!" as she went.

-

"And mahjong has... what to do with the circus?" Saeron asked as she stared in bewilderment at U-Kwon and Jaehyo, who  had followed her after the body measurement incident, having an intense game with a stranger.

"Nothing," U-Kwon responded, "I got bored of walking around the grounds and decided to test my luck," Suddenly, U-Kwon had a twinkle in his eye and his smile grew wide, "Ladies and gentlemen I present to you your winner!" U-Kwon announced as he lay out his tiles in front of him. The stranger that had been playing with them instantly became very angry and drew a revolver from his waistcoat pocket. U-Kwon promptly kicked him to the floor and Jaehyo proceeded to grab a chair from the corner of the room.

In amongst the chaos, Saeron quietly made her escape and ran back to the nauseating fun house, only to be greeted by Taeil who was carrying dangerously sharp cutlery around with him. Thinking Saeron would appreciate some music during this hectic time, he began to try and play a symphony using his knife and fork violin. The swirling images and piercing music made Saeron almost vomit, so she quickly brought out a spoon from her dress pocket in an attempt to pacify Taeil. Taeil, fascinated by the shiny object, skipped away gleefully.

-

It was soon after this that Saeron decided she desperately needed to escape.