The Charmer

The Test Of Time

 “What the hell happened Daehyun?” I demanded as we walked up the stairs to the upper lounge.


 

Can you stop with the questioning until we've reached the lounge! This isn't a matter I want to discuss around outsiders.” Daehyun's voice was controlled but still held a hint of anxiety and irritation.


 

Fine, but you better not skip on a single detail.”


 

The walk was silent as neither of us dared to break the tension. We had no Bom to make some weird remark that would have eased the tension, as she had chosen to stay downstairs.


 

Upon entering the lounge, I was bombarded with hugs and pats on the shoulder from the other members of B.A.P, excluding Zelo, who was presently no where to be found.


 

Where's Junhong?” Probably not the best thing to say as all their faces seemed sad for a split second before being replaced by smiles of evil.


 

Why do you want to know? Does someone have a crush?!” Youngjae squeaked as he danced around me, poking my cheeks.


 

The boys chuckled before joining in to tease me, and all I could do was chuckle at these crazy kids who were supposed to be bad gangsters.


 

Did you not miss your oppas, huh. I feel so hurt.” Himchan clutched his chest in fake pain before wiping his fake tears.


 

I hope you know that I love you guys.” I smiled with so much happiness, before getting tackled into a group hug.


 

And my lucky self was at the bottom.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's POV


 

As Ram and the boys got settled, after the huge pig-pile, the conversation remained relatively light-hearted before Daehyun told the guys I was aware that something happened last weekend. The boys visibly stiffened before the atmosphere turned tense and rather unpleasant.


 

We saw some members of Exo here, they were trying to get into the office and they almost did, if it wasn't for L. Joe, we'd be screwed.” Yongguk started.


 

L. Joe recognized them from a game of poker he hosted in between our territory and Teen Top's. He was able to call security, although he seemed pissed enough to have gone up there and stabbed them himself.” Daehyun finished.


 

It seems that Exo 's been a little bit fidgety lately and we are concerned that a bigger fish is coming to town. Exo is a strong component and some of their land has been acquired by some mystery gang, Exo needs more territory or they are screwed, and I'm worried that if Exo is has come to dig up data on B.A.P, what does that mean for us?” Youngjae 's seemed to be running a million miles a minute as it almost as though you could the gears turning and the smoke coming from his ears.


 

Sounds to me like this mystery gang has some serious interest in us or rather me, but I mean who wouldn't?” Jongup joked before being smacked on the head by Himchan.


 

Like they want you, I am the badass, hot playboy in this group .” Himchan muttered before being smacked by Daehyun and Yongguk.


 

I think you mean self-proclaimed 'badass, hot playboy'.” I snorted while lying lazily on the one of the couches.


 

Really Ram, this is not the time to sass me.” Himchan uttered before flinching at Yongguk's grip on his shoulder.


 

Anyways...”

Back at the bar

Author's POV


 

L. Joe, have I ever told you that you're my favourite bartender?” Bom's words came out slightly slurred, although she appeared to be in perfect condition.


 

L. Joe continued washing glasses only to stop for a moment to smile at Bom. “You're pretty awesome yourself, Bom.” His words sounding rather sarcastic but were in fact, genuine.


 

Bom was still at the bar, rather enjoying her 5th Long Island Ice Tea before a boy around her age appeared beside her. The boy had rather girlish features but appeared to be rather masculine by his well-defined body and hypnotic aura. “May I sit beside you beautiful?” His smile widening as he reached out and kissed Bom's hand.


 

Being flustered and intoxicated, Bom seemed rather pleased such a good looking guy approached her.


 

Bartender, can I please get a beer, and another Long Island Iced Tea for this pretty lady beside me.” The boy continued to grasp Bom's hand before sitting down in the stool to Bom's right.


 

Sure thing.” L. Joe winked at Bom before turning to fix the drinks for the duo.


 

So what's your name sweetheart?” The boy asked in a sweet tone, his eyes sparkling with curiosity as well as something Bom could not read.


 

Park Bom. What's yours?” Bom propped her elbow on the bar, before setting her head on her palm, leaning closer to the boy in curiosity.


 

Ren, Choi Ren. It's a pleasure to meet you Bom.” His smile so warm, it almost seemed to reach his eyes.


 

There was L. Joe back with drinks for the both of them, before leaving to attend to some new arrivals.


 

So, what's a pretty girl doing at such a busy, high end club. Did they let you in here to lure in more customers because I'm sure I was not the only guy looking at you.” Ren leaned in to grab Bom's hand, while she giggled at all the compliments she was receiving.


 

You're quite the charmer yourself.” Bom's giggles never ceasing as his hand her right arm.


 

So Bom, do you come here often, you seem quite close with the bartender.” Ren's gaze enveloping Bom in a manner she had never experienced before.


 

Oh, you mean L. Joe. Yeah,I am really good friends with the owners. My best friend is actually the younger sister of one of the owners, that's why I can enjoy all these free drinks.” Bom chuckled as she held up her 6th Long Island Ice Tea.


 

Oh really, is your friend here with you?” Ren's question would have usually bothered Bom, but she wasn't her sharpest at this point.


 

Yeah, Ram's upstairs to see the boys. They seem to be discussing urgent business, so I couldn't intrude.” Bom's smile temporarily turning into a pout.


 

And what kind of business could be so urgent that they could leave out a beauty like you?” Ren's eyes gleamed with something of curiosity as his lips formed into a smirk, which Bom mistook as a lustful smile.


 

Something involving the increased security cameras and bodyguards, Daehyun seemed worried when Ram brought it up, about taking place last weekend. That's all I know.” Bom's smile widened as she grabbed Ren's arm.


 

But let's talk about something else.”


 

Before Ren could speak, he was interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing, frowning as he checked the screen. “I'm sorry Bom but it seems my friend has gotten into an accident, can we continue this another time?”


 

Of course. Make sure your friends okay.” Bom waved, seeing him run out of the bar and into the dark.


 

For all of you that are confused as to how nobody recognized Ren, I will explain. Before Ren went by Choi Min Ki, as he had long blond hair but now he goes by Choi Ren, and looks more like he does in Goodbye Bye era, tattoos included. I am hoping in the next chapter to finish off the club scene (adding Ren and Ram's perspective)than, moving on to school, where there will be a lot of Infinite and others!