Too Good to Be True

Almost Like A Dream

I laid in my bed, trying to organise my thoughts. So Minhyuk is a robot, and he was created to fall in love with that apathetic girl, but ended up falling for me. Why me though? What makes me so special?

I remembered what he said before he left, that he’d give me time to think. Having a relationship with a robot, is that even considered real? Like I would age, while he would stay the same.

I heard the doorbell ring, and got up to answer it. It was Minhyuk of course. “Did you have enough time to think?” he asked. I looked down at my hands and fiddled with them as I thought about everything I thought about before. He suddenly wrapped his hand on my cheek and caressed it. I looked up at him to find him smiling. I grabbed his hand and felt it. His touch felt so real. His smile felt so real. So why shouldn’t a relationship with him feel real too? I smiled up at him and nodded. “I’d be happy to be with you.” He got really happy, and ended up hugging me. He told me to dress warmly and to lock my front door, before grabbing my hand and running off with me in tow.

We walked by a dog, in which Minhyuk was enticed by. “This is a dog, right?” he asked. I nodded and bent down to pet it. Minhyuk went to do the same, but the dog started barking at him. He was so scared of the dog that he hid behind me as we walked away from it. “My memory says that dogs are supposed to be cute, not scary…” he trailed off. I giggled at him. “I think it realised that you weren’t human, so it registered you as a threat or something.” He looked scared and kind of sad, so I poked his cheek. “I’ll just keep you away from animals.”


For the past month, Minhyuk and I have been going out. We went to many different places, ate many different foods, and enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. Minhyuk was extremely life-like, you seriously can’t tell the difference at all. He eats like a human, sleeps like a human, enjoys himself like a human, and treats himself like a human. Even though he’s a robot, he doesn’t care about it. Because of how he is, I grew to love him a lot.


My doorbell rang and I immediately ran to the door; it became my favourite thing to hear every day. I opened the door to a smiley Minhyuk, and he grabbed my hand like always, and we left. He asked me where I wanted to go, and I had the perfect place for him to enjoy; the aquarium.

He looked at the fish and other marine water life with great awe; he was fascinated by everything he saw. “They seem to be attracted to me!” he exclaimed. I smiled at him and nodded. He was so happy that they were following him, even through there’s thick glass separating them; he looks like a child when they see a candy store for the first time. He knew every single species and explained them to me in a concise fashion. It makes me happy that he keeps that in mind when he explains things to people.

I took him to the souvenir shop and bought him a shark plushie, since he liked them the most. He got so excited, that he ended up kissing me on the cheek. I stood there, surprised at how real that kiss felt. Yori seriously did an amazing job at making his skin feel so real. I looked up at him and noticed that he looked confused at my reaction. I shook out of my trance and we left the aquarium.

As he was walking me home, he gave me a small bag. I opened it up to find a seal plushie. “When did you buy this?” I asked him. He giggled. “When you were zoning out after I kissed your cheek.” He replied. I blushed at the thought of the kiss. He started to laugh. “Are you shy about the kiss?” he asked. My face became redder, so I decided to change the subject. “Wh-Why did you get me a seal?” He smiled and took it out of the bag. “Because it reminded me of you. It’s the first time that I have no idea why.” I stood there and laughed, “You are finally understanding how to be human.” He gave me a confused look. I looked him straight in the eyes and said, “Human emotions aren’t supposed to make sense. You tend to be confused by how you feel, and you don’t know how to control those emotions. That’s how it’s like to be a human.” He had the look of a student that just learned something interesting. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. He then put the seal in my hands, and gave me a kiss on the lips. “I really appreciate how you’ve always been treating me like a human, and not a robot. I was able to experience so many things because of you, and I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me.”

I looked at the seal in my hands and smiled real big. That didn’t last long though.

Suddenly, a black car stopped right in front of us. People came out of it and grabbed Minhyuk. He dropped the bag he was holding, and they took him into the car. They then came back out, and grabbed me. I tried to resist, but I only ended up dropping the seal plushie. I was resisting so much that they put a rag over my mouth and nose, and I began to lose consciousness. Everything was blurry and starting to turn black, but the only thing I was worried about was Minhyuk and that seal pushie he gave me. With whatever strength I had left, I reached out to try and grab the plushie, but it was too far away. I felt my body being carried away as everything became quiet and I passed out.