prologue

of coffee, books and internet

 

PROLOGUE

 

17:48

The faint sound of the drizzling rain hit the window, its sound filling the room and when it reached a certain someone’s ears, it jolt her up from her dream.

The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was the darkening sky, in contrast to the one before her eyes closed. Her mind wandered a bit before a soft sigh escaped from her lips. The moment she rose from her sleeping position her hand immediately shot up to run through her messy red locks – a habit she had grown up with.

She slid off from her bed, her feet touching the cold floor before she managed to find her slippers. The sweeping sound of the slippers echoed through the empty place as she found her way to wash her face in the toilet.

Everything she did, the only thing that would respond to her would be the echo of the noise she made. For some reason, she found it amusing and pathetic in the same time.

Living alone has it owns flaw… they said.

By the time she was done with her works, the day had already turned into night. She placed a mug of steaming coffee on the table before slouching over the couch. Her hand reached for the remote as she flipped through the channels, after a few thoughts and minutes, she decided to just ditch the TV as there was nothing much to watch.

A jingling sound made her turned her head toward the door and it did creak open, “Mom” it was not really a question nor a greeting, just a sign of acknowledgment she had grew fond of with her mother.

“I’m home”

Home, would be a strange word for her to digest from her mother. Especially when she was barely home in which she ended up with the conclusion of living alone. Besides supporting her life financially and occasional affection, she really didn’t know if her mother really needed her.

But of course, that was just her thought. No mother would abandon her child.

By the time her mother entered, she was already by her side, assisting whatever the older one was holding. Apparently, her mother had passed her a pot of flower. Settling it down on the counter of the kitchen, it was actually clear to her that her mother had somewhat an obsession to flowers as their balcony was lined with pots of colourful flowers.

“How’s work?” she managed to ask. “The usual” came the answer, but soon the kitchen was filled with her mother’s voice, telling her all the things she need to know or not.

It was always like that, not that she hated it. She was quiet the type to listen more than to talk. She was never a person with a lot of talking.

Dinner went as fast as she could imagine and before she knew it, her mother said “Honey, listen. I won’t be here next week”

Now, that was nothing out of ordinary.

“Okay” she muttered before standing up “I’ll be going to my room”

Her mother reminded her of the essential need for her to prepare as it was still school days and finished it off with a kiss on her forehead, “Goodnight!”

“Night mom”

She wouldn’t deny the fact that her own room was her comfort zone, because as soon as the door closed behind her, all thoughts that had her spinning was released and she found her own comfort once again. Not that she felt pressure by her mother but she couldn’t help it but felt a tiny bit of disappointment with the statement she was informed of.

“Don’t let your thoughts consume you, Ahn Yunji

She had done all her works before so it was practically her free time now. Not that she had a schedule or something like that, to her any time she had no works would be free time.

The chair was adjusted to her liking so when she sat there, all she needed to do was rolled to the fitting position in front of her desk. She flipped open the 14” device, letting her hand brushed off some dust that had landed on the keyboard.

It was time, the time she could lose herself and be herself.

That would be the time where she let her mind wander and pour its thought down her fingers as they worked briskly on the keyboard. She was never a person with a lot of talking but when it came to writing, nothing could stop her.

 


 

2 3 : 0 9
Little Talk

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOTES ;

So, I was meaning to upload this chapter on Himchan's birthday
but I got distracted by life lol
here's an 'angsty-slice of life' introduction
oh and I think you deserve to know this, this fic won't be long
somehow I have an urge to finish this as soon as I can
lol happy reading!