6 : It's War

Moonlight Sonata Mvt. 1 - Adagio [SHINee]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just a slight warning, there may be one or two scenes of PG-13 material and language, however you want to view it haha ;)

 

 

“Machine” EXO

 

Ever since Jihyun came home, Kyungsoo paced back and forth restlessly in the living room, giving everyone anxiety.  Jisun watched him walk from one wall to another until she was finally bored enough to get up and walk outside.  

 

The chilly evening air felt cool on her face as she walked down the dirt path.  She looked up, and a familiar figure loomed over her.

 

"Boo," Minho snickered.  "Miss me already?"

 

Is she not a doll, does she breathe?


 

Jisun pursed her lips.  "Because of that stupid friend of yours, my sister's been unconscious for hours already!" she snapped.  "I thought you promised-"

 

"I never promised," Minho interrupted.  "I never promise anything anymore, because I never keep them."

 

"It shows," she scoffed.  "Look, I came out for fresh air, and you're polluting it.  !"

 

He ignored her and touched the band aid on her cheek.  She winced and backed away, her eyes filled with horror.

 

"How is it?" he asked.

 

"It hurts, what do you think?" Jisun replied.

 

Her heart is closed up, a thorough security district

 

He stepped forward again and her cheek with his thumb.  "I'm sorry I did that.  Really.  I had to do it..."

 

"Why?"  Jisun's eyes were unchanging in their confused state.

 

Minho leaned forward and touched his lips with hers slightly before pulling back.  "Because I'm afraid.  I'm afraid of being close to people.  I...I don't want to fall in love with a human."

 

Jisun could scarcely believe her ears.  "What the hell are you saying?  You're a wolf too?"

 

And glass-like gaze doesn’t give me a clue woo~

 

He chuckled and shook his head.  His lips pursed before pulling back to reveal sharp, white fangs.  "I'm much more than that."  His eyes turned a light shade of amber.  "Jisun, I'm a vampire."

 

She shook her head with disbelief.  "No wonder...you're bloodthirsty."

 

"I can't help it," he said and shrugged.  His eyes pleaded.  "Don't tell the others, for their sake."

 

"What happens if I do?" she asked.

 

His jaw tightened.  "I'll have to kill you."

 

What does she think, does she cry from time to time

 

Jisun gulped, and Minho, seeing her nervousness, stepped forward and kissed her with more meaning this time.  He held her face softly as he bent down, being so much taller than her.  To his surprise, she reacted letting their tongues touch with a shiver.

 

She pulled back suddenly and wiped her lips with haste.  "We can't do this."

 

"What do you mean?  We can work this out, Jisun," he said, his voice squeaking.

 

"No," she said, gulping again.  "Who's side are you on anyways?  Mine or your friends?"  She tore herself away from his grasp and walked back down the dirt path.

 

Minho sighed as he watched her walk away.  He felt his heart being split into two.  He knew she was right: he would eventually have to pick a side.  He sure hoped his instincts would guide him correctly.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a brown pelt emerge from the bushes, its red eyes burning.  

 

"Stay away from her," the wolf growled, and Minho recognized that it was Chanyeol.  

 

Jisun jumped with shock while Minho tensed, flashing his fangs in a show of dominance.  Chanyeol’s tailed swished side to side, his nostrils flared as he growled angrily.

 

She has a heart that beats, she must have a voice

 

Chanyeol’s fur bristled, and that was the only indication of warning before he leaped at Minho, his massive, inhumane bulk slamming into the vampire.  Minho tensed his body, expecting the blow, but was sent forcefully flying away by the sheer power of it.  Chanyeol may have seemed to be the least dangerous, but he was the biggest one of the group.

 

The wolf shook his great head and stalked forward towards Minho, who moaned as he stood up from the tree he had been shoved into.  Minho’s eyes widened as he rolled to the side, dodging Chanyeol’s massive claw.  A moment later, a great score mark lashed on the tree.  Minho lashed out with a kick, only for Chanyeol to hop aside before jolting forward with his teeth shining hungrily.

 

Minho immediately braced one hand on the top of Chanyeol’s muzzle and another on the bottom, carefully avoiding the fangs.  He forcefully kept the mouth from closing with his bare hands, his muscles trembling with effort.  

 

Even though I look at you, I don’t know

 

Chanyeol raised his right forepaw and slashed his large claws down Minho’s side. Minho howled in pain before he kicked Chanyeol away.  A sickening crack could be heard, and the large wolf struggled to stand up with a pained whine.  Chanyeol held his deformed paw up as he limped a bit.

 

Jisun stared in horror at Chanyeol, who held his broken paw gingerly, and then at Minho, with his right arm slashed into bloody ribbons.

 

I wouldn’t shed blood even though I get hurt

 

She stood ready to run forward when a new person joined in.  She felt her anger rise as she saw the familiar, cocky face of Jonghyun.  He was limping slightly.  

 

You are a ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, machine

 

End of EXO's "Machine"

 

The bushes rustled as a familiar black fur padded forward, its head held high.

 

Chanyeol almost sighed.  “Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo surveyed the scene before his intense gaze rested on Jonghyun.  He let out a -wrenching growl.  “You.”

 

Jonghyun smirked.  “Me?”

 

Minho looked at the newer foe that had come.  It was much smaller than Chanyeol but still the size of a powerful stallion.  His fur was pitch-black, unlike Chanyeol’s brown, and his eyes were quite large, even by wolf standards.  Somehow, although smaller, the wolf gave an even more menacing aura (if that was even possible).  He was somewhat relieved when he realized the wolf wasn’t directing his apparent anger towards him.

 

Kyungsoo took a step forward, and the ground cracked beneath his paw making Minho and Jonghyun pale.

 

“Bro, I think we should run.” Minho stated.

 

 

“Bruh.  We won’t run.  We will have a tactical retreat.  Yes, a tactical retreat,” Jonghyun stated nervously as the fur along Kyungsoo’s shoulders began to bristle up menacingly.  Immediately, they turned and disappeared.

 

 

--

 

Baekhyun opened the door to Kyungsoo’s room where Emma was sitting next to a sleeping Jihyun.

 

Baekhyun smiled.  “Emma!  Did you hear?”  He then began to regale her about what had happened with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

 

Right on cue, Kyungsoo came walked in.  He smiled at them and nodded to Emma.

 

Emma stood up and let Kyungsoo have her seat.  He took it with a smile of thanks, and he reached out to hold Jihyun’s hands.

 

As they left, they heard Kyungsoo singing sweetly to her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter