Part 2

Betrayed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai’s POV

 

As I step into the large dungeon, I immediately spot the monster in the midst of all the machines. I carefully descend the spiral staircase leading me to the bottom on the dungeon, where the unpleasant smell of blood fill my nostril. Faint whimpering sounds could be heard as I walk closer to the test subject.

I was expecting a hideous monster that will struggle against the chain endlessly; however, the sight really shocked me. She wasn’t struggling, instead she’s still, not lifeless, as if this is just part of her daily routines. She is hanged tightly onto the wall with silver chains that were especially made for her kind. Long-bright-red- hairs flowed down her slightly bended back; she’s not hideous, but more like a typical teenage girl.

As I walk closer and closer to her, she raises her head and held a curious eye contact with me. Her deep light brown eyes left me paralyzed for a second.

“You better go back up, you’ll get in troubles if they see you down here.” she said softly as she eyed the upper unit where the scientists are. I wonder how can someone who is hurt so badly still care about others’ well being.

“Well, I’m special. My name’s Kai, and I want to be your friend.” I reply with a slight smile on my face.

“Friend?” she questions with an innocent expression.

“Yea, let’s become frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter