Our Vow

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson arrived at the restaurant 30 minutes earlier. He didn’t wear something that was very extravagant, he even put a t-shirt inside his coat. From the entrance, he could see Youngji, who was talking to the restaurant’s manager. I wonder if I took my time long enough that I haven’t ever seen her in a person. How can I not know that she’s grown up into a mature woman like this? Jackson was in a deep thought with a thousand questions running through his mind. It was only interrupted when Youngji realized that Jackson was checking her out.

“You’ve already came? Isn’t the party goint to be held in 30 minutes more?” Youngji asked, only after approaching Jackson.

He shook his head. “Then, should I go back to my house so I could come back to here just in time.”

Youngji began to laugh in her way. That laugh. “You really aren’t changing are you? Oh please Wang Jackson”

Jackson only smiled, not even bothered to laugh out loud. She doesn’t change either, not even an inch. Suddenly, Youngji pulled his hand and took him to the center of the restaurant. She made him sit. He was taken aback for a moment, but he allowed her to do that and sat properly in front of her. She blinked her eyes several times, looked like she couldn’t believe at what she saw. Feeling uncomfortable, he snorted hiding his nervousness.

“Why are you looking at me like that? Do I look like an alien to you?”

Youngji laughed away. “Yeah, I’d probably fall for you for an alien like you, even Do Minjoon couldn’t even beat your handsomeness.”

Jackson froze at her statement, his heart felt like being stabbed. “Does it mean I still have a chance to win you back?” He mumbled his words.

Unfortunately, she didn’t catch his words. “What?”

He finally came to his sense then repeating his words in his mind like casting a spell on himself. I won’t try to win her back. “I said, ‘I won’t fall for you, because you’re not even prettier than Cheon Songyi’.”

She looked at him annoyingly. “Anyway, I’m glad you came. Do you enjoy your time when you were away?” She asked in a low tone voice.

“I’m not sure, some of them works pretty good and the other doesn’t. I could say I enjoyed my time there, working on some things I’ve never experienced before. Well, eventhough there is one thing that I couldn’t work out well. It screwed up.” He confessed.

He watched her looking fidgety. He knew that she knew what he couldn’t work out well. Youngji engaged to Hongbin was her fault, but leaving her clueless without any warnings was his fault as well. He held her cold hands. Instead of looking at her eyes, he only stared at her hands. How much does he want to hold her hand? He could feel her body tense, but he didn’t want to let go.

“Do you know how much I miss these hands?” He asked with a little smile. She didn’t answer his question so he looked at her curiously. “We screwed up, didn’t we?” 

Her eyes looked teary. She must have been in agony because of me.. “I still screwed up, but you’ve done well now. So please have a happy life with Hongbin, okay? Don’t even show up looking like a cry baby in front of me in the future, or else..”

“Or else what? You’ll fight for me to win me back?” She cut his words.

It caught him off guard. He gazed into her eyes, searching for his answers. He began to repeat his own words, but not in his mind. “I won’t try to win you back. It’ll be our dead end and I don’t want to hurt you again. It’s my promise to myself.”

“I know that you’re not good at keeping promises. The last time you promise me not to leave me alone, you broke it as well. How can I trust you when you can’t even fulfill your promises to me?” She asked furiously.

He repeated his words again in his mind. I won’t try to win her back. “Look, I don’t have the answers now. I just can promise you one thing if you show up looking miserable, I can’t even forgive myself to let you go.”

She sighed at his persuasive smile. “You’ve really given up on me, right?”

He laughed bitterly. “You could say so. I think you deserved someone better than me. You know that I’m a jerk, don’t you? You really are a good girl, don’t let anyone wreck your happy life. I should make myself better so I won’t embarass my future partner.”

They looked each other, the pain reflects on her eyes as the tears began to drop. He her cheek then pulled her hand to stand up from her chair. He reach out his hand to wipe off her tears, but she stayed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter