It's All for Her Sake

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still midnight when his eyes fluttered open. Jackson decided to go back to Seoul after a long discussion with Jaebum over that day. He insisted that he wanted to go all by himself, whereas Jaebum wanted to come along with him. Jaebum knew Jackson too well, he even conveyed firmly Jackson’s condition wasn’t stable enough to take a long trip all by himself. So, Jackson had no choice but to let Jaebum come along as well.

“Hey, when will we arrive at Seoul?” He asked, after watching Jaebum still full awoke.

Jaebum turned his head. “30 minutes remaining. Just sleep, I’ll wake you up when we’re close to Seoul.”

He sighed deeply and shook his head. “I don’t want to sleep, it’ll only making me feel worse than ever. My imagination tends to get wilder when I sleep, I hate it.”

Jaebum could only smile weakly. Jackson turned his head to the plane’s window. He didn’t lie about his imagination. The image of Youngji walked down the aisle always ran trough his mind. He even visualize the man she married to. It made him feel sick.

“How would you feel..” Jackson asked suddenly, not bothering to look Jaebum back. “..when you have to let go your future?”

“Hmm, emptiness? Yeah, it probably is. I think I’ll lose direction.”

Jackson digested Jaebum’s words slowly as he thought into a conclusion. “Just that? Emptiness? You’ve never lost your future, haven’t you? ”

“If you mean my future is the love of my life, I have.” Jaebum answered calmly, realizing that Jackson didn’t approve his answer. “I went insane, I worked like a robot and became to be a heartless person through those days. I survived though..”

Jackson turned his body to Jaebum who looks like laughing at himself. “How did you survive?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t try to win her back or what. It was my biggest regret. There are some nights when I think I couldn’t get through it. It is a miracle that I’m still alive.” Jaebum laughed bitterly.

After a sudden statement, Jackson began to think the worst. Am I able to get through this? Accept her wedding without stressing myself out? What about our promise? Jackson thought back.

“How many times do you try to commit a suicide?”

Jaebum chuckled at Jackson’s question. “Why? Do you want to surpass my record trying to commit a suicide?”

Jackson only remained silent at Jaebum’s response. He looked at Jaebum curiously, as if his life depended on Jaebum’s answer. Realizing his seriousness, Jaebum stopped giggling. Jaebum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter