Chapter 2

The Endo of This Eternal Meadow

 

Hara continued watching him until he began to shrink into the size of an ant. She suddenly felt the urge to go after him. 
'What if there really was a way out from here...?'


She jumped down from the branch and began running to catch up to Chanyeol. Her long dross was only making it harder so she stopped to tie it up above her knees. And then she was up and running again.
 

It seem like she was running for miles. She hasn't run for a long time and her physical built was not suitablefor long distance sprinting. As she ran closer to Chanyeol, she waved her hand with the energy she had left managed to call out his name. He turned around, and his eyes widened as Hana fell to the ground gasping for air.
 

"Hey! Are you alright?!" He ran over to her to try to help her out. "Why'd you do that?" He knelt down beside Hara and rubbed her back as she began to vomit from overworking her body. She wiped the side of as the nauseating feeling subsided. 
 

"I've decided to come with you..." She coughed up. "C'mon let's go." Hara stood up  and walked passed Chanyeol. He got up and caught up to her side."You sure you okay? I mean we could rest a little if you need." He suggested. 

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." 
 

They walked for awhile in silence. It started to get dark before anybody said anything.
 

"Let's take a break, Hara." Chanyeol said and sat on the ground. "I'm tired."
"Alright." Hara sat down beside him and the awkward silence arose again.
"So tell me about youself." Chanyeol broke the quietness. He turned his hear to her curiously. Those eyes again. She blushed, but the dark blue environment covered it. 

 

"Well... uhm. I don't remember anything about myself." She replied quite embarrased. 

"Not before. Like now." He smiled.

 

'Why am I feeling like this?' Hara thought.
 

"Well... I liked that hot spring all the way back there." 
He chuckled at her reply. The silence appeared again.
"I really want to get out of here. I've been doing nothing everyday." Hara said. She leaned back and looked up at the stars. 
"Sounds boring. We'll find a way to get back to wherever we were before we came here. Promise." Chanyeol optimistically said and looked up at the stars with Hara. "They're beautiful aren't they?"

 

"Yeah... something about them make be feel calm." Hara laid down onto the ground. "Look over there. It looks like a giraffe." She pointed to the dark sky.
"I don't see it." Chanyeol said. Hara chuckled at his confused reply. 
"Connect the stars over there!" She excitedly traced out the giraffe.
"I never really understood contellations." Chanyeol laughed at her amusement. He laid down beside her and gazed at the stars with her. It went on for what seemed like forever, but the atmosphere was warm and comforting.

 

Hara yawned and rolled over to her side. "I'm tired... goodnight, Chanyeol." She looked at him and smiled. Her lonliness in this world was finally gone. Two years of lonliness was finally changed. Her eyes slowly closed and her breathing stabilized she fell asleep. 
Chanyeol couldn't sleep at all. He watched Hara as her chest rose up and down from her breathing. She was beautiful and fragile, and Chanyeol couldn't stop looking at her. It was who knows how long before Chanyeol could finally sleep.
...
Chanyeol and Hara walked for weeks without any hope of finding anything but the long, flowing grass. Every one of those days consisted of walking, some talking, and sleeping at night.

 

"Chanyeol." Hara nudged his shoulder. "Chanyeol. Look." It was early in the morning and the sun was barely up when Hara tried to wake Chanyeol up.
Chanyeol slowly got up and looked to see what Hara was talking about. It was a large, clear lake. "That wasn't there before." 
Hara ran over to the lake to examine it. "Wow, it's real!" She excitedly said. Chanyeol admired her optimistic reaction. He walked over to check it out as well. He saw something beside them and picked it up. It was a large canteen. 

 

"Chanyeol, you should drink some water. You look dehydrated." Hara grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and pulled him over. "What's that?" She pointed at the canteen in his hand. She grabbed it out of his hand and looked at it. "How'd you get this?" 
"I just found it next to the this lake." He grabbed the canteen and filled it with water from the lake. "C'mon start walking again." 

 

Hara walked behind him and admired him. His stature was tall and lean, his voice was deep, his ears were cute, and he was determined to get out. 
"Come walk next to me." Chanyeol turned his head towards you and waved you over. "I don't like to feel alone." Hara laughed at his comment and ran to his side. 
"Hey. I was alone for two years..." She pouted at him, and he laughed at her, while patting her head. 
"Haha. It's okay now. We can be lonely together." Chanyeol smiled. He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. Hara awkwardly stiffened from the close  interaction. She didn't know what to do and her emotions were raging at her. 

 

'Why does he make my heart beat faster?'


"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." He was about to pull off his arm, but Hara stopped him. 
"It's okay." Hara smiled. "I'm glad now I have someone to talk to now." They continued to walk.

 

They didn't know how long they were walking now. They stopped counting, but as the days went by, Hana and Chanyeol felt more comfortable with each other. They laughed and enjoyed each others company.
 

Night fell and Chanyeol and Hara sat down to rest from a long day of walking. It was the middle of fall, and the air became colder by each day. Hana shook vigorously as a gust of cold air flew by them. Chanyeol took off his jacket and place it over Hara's shoulder.
 

"Chanyeol, take it back. You're going to get cold." She took it off of her, but Chanyeol put it back.
"No, I want to keep you warm." Hana smiled at his kind gesture. Chanyeol scoted over closer and put his arm around her to keep her warm with his body heat. 

 

"Chanyeol..." Hana called out his name and he turned to face her. 
"Hmm?"
"I'm really happy you're here." Hara said shyly. "You know after all those years of being by myself, having someone here with me makes me feel a lot less lonely ." Chanyeol smiled and unconsciously brought her closer. He took her chin and turned her head towards him. 

 

"Hana. Look at me." Once again she was lost in his mesmerizing gaze. Her heart began to beat faster as he continued looking at her. They looked at each other for awhile with no one saying a thing. Hana flushed a red color. Chanyeol began to lean closer to her face, and Hana's heart was about to beat out of her chest. 
 

His lips gently landed on hers and he pulled her closer. At that point, her heart just exploded.
He pulled away and widened his eyes as he realized what he just did. "I'm so sorry..." He scratched his head and turned red. "You were just... really beautiful." 

 

Hana shyly looked away to the star-brightened sky. She leaned her head on Chanyeol's shoulder, and they quietly watched the sky together until they fell asleep.

 

To be cont...