Chapter 1

The Endo of This Eternal Meadow

The sky turned pink, and clouds turned blue as the sun began to set on the world. The wind was blowing gently and filled the evening air with the smell of sweet, summer flowers. Nature was undisturbed by industrial construction and damages, and everything was strangely peaceful and quiet. 
 

Hara was surrounded by the long grasses that swayed as the wind blew on it in the never-ending meadow. She lied there upon the ground watching the sky. This is how it was for her every night. Everyday was the same for her. 
Her world was different. Nothing bad ever happened in this world. Everyday was the same. The only thing that existed in this world was the never-ending meadow with a large tree in the middle, a beautiful hot spring beside the tree, and herself. She walked the world, finding absolutely nothing beyond the field. This is all she knew.

 

She wasn't here her whole life, however. One day she just woke up in the middle of the field with no prior memory of her life before.  How she knew that she wasn't from this world? She had knowledge abouts animals and plants that didn't exist on this world. Somehow she just felt that there was so more before she appeared here. It was that one spark on hope in her heart that kept her waking up every morning to see if one day she might just reappear in that world before she came here.
 

Hara closed her eyes and tried to remember what existed in her life before she appeared on this strange world, but she just couldn't remember. She gave up and fell asleep, anticipating that something different might happen the next day as she woke up. 
...

 

Hara opened her eyes slowly as the rays of the sun covered her and the meadow like a warm blanket. She got up and stretched out her arms and legs as she got ready to start her boring day. She walked over to the lake to take a quick bath to wake her up. She pulled off her long, white cotton dress and flung it over a tree branch. She walked into into the hot spring, and the water swallowed her up and she washed herself. 
 

She sat in the water and watched the clouds float by, imagining them as different objects. She closed her eyes in hope that she could remember her past life. Nothing.
 

She sighed as she opened her eyes and watched the clouds again. Suddenly, a strange rustling in the grass broke her train of thought. She swam over to get a closer look at the source of the disturbance. 
 

"What the heck?" She heard coming from the grass. It was a low voice, and it startleed her. No one besides her live in this world. A man stood up from the grass and patted away the grass that clung to him. "Where am I?," he said while scratching his hair. 
He turned around and made eye contact with Hara. Both of their eyes widened as she quickly turned around and Hara swam as far away as she could as possible.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were bathing," The boy nervously said as he quickly covered his eyes with his back turned to Hara. Hara got out of the hot spring and quickly wiped herself dry with a cloth she weaved from some cotton she found in the meadow. She slipped back over her white dress and went over to the man covering his eyes. She hesitantly tapped on the boy's shoulder and her turned toward you with his eyes still covered.
 

"It's okay, you can open your eyes now," Hara said. He took his hands way from his face and stared at her with widened eyes from a state of shock and confusion. 
 

"Who are you?" She asked him as she curiosly looked at the man. His ears stuck out of his head and his hair was dyed a light brown color. "How did you come here?"
 

"I'm Chanyeol. I don't know why I'm here." He looked at the ground and scratched his head. "I just kind of... you know. Woke up over there." He pointed at the spot where you first discovered him. "And... Who are you?" He looked back at you with his big eyes. There was something charming about his eyes, something comforting about them.
 

"I'm Hara." She replied and examined Chanyeol even further. "So, do you remember anything from before you got here?" She wanted answers so badly. She wanted to know how she got into this boring yet peaceful world.
 

"I can't remember." 
 

Who knew those three words could disappoint someone so badly. Hara sighed at the unsatisfactory answer and turned around to leave. As she began walking away, her arm was pulled back. 
She turned around annoyed. She didn't want to feel annoyed since Chanyeol didn't do anything wrong, but she wanted so badly to get some answers. "What?"

 

"So, uhm... Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked, quite scared at the the not intended frown Hara was making at him.
"No where. There's literally no where to go." Sho took back her hand and walked over to the tree. She climbed on of its branches to get a view of the meadow that disappeared into eternity. 

 

Chanyeol walked over to her, not wanting to feel lonely. "There has to be some way to get out of here though." He insisted. "Somewhere out there." He pointed to the eternal meadow.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn't." Hara just continued looking out to where the field seemed to disappear into the sky. "I walked for three days straight and nothing." 
 

He continued looking at her. His gaze slowly drew her in, but she forced herself to look away. 
"C'mon, you have to have some hope... You only walked for three days, what if it's further than that? Let's find a way out." He stretched out his arm and offered to help Hara down, bur she refused his offer. 

 

"I've been here for 2 years. I haven't found a way out." She sternly said while trying to avoid his strangely hypnotising eyes.
"Well if you're not willing, I'm going by myself." He threw his jacket that he took off over his shoulder, turned away, and began walking out into the field. 

 

'What a naive, determined guy... He'll never get out.' She thought as she walked his back get smaller as he walked further away.