Green

Dream in Colours

“Welcome to the morning news with Tiffany Hwang and Wendy Son. We begin today’s new with some grave news as we report the news of another murder. Family and friends of Seohyun Seo are mourning as the young woman was brutally murdered early this morning. Her husband Yonghwa is beside himself with grief at the loss of his bride, the couple just shy of their first anniversary. Yonghwa had asked that we repsect his privacy so he could grieve in peace but an inside source told us that he had been hiding his violet tattoos a few days prior to his wife’s murder. Many people are now panicking as the person now dubbed the violet killer is still on the loose. Stay tuned for this developing story.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun appears at Sehun’s house wish disheveled hair and eye bags that droop low. He’s wearing a chunky infinity scarf over an oversized jumper, the outfit swallowing his increasingly skinny frame. Sehun looks at his friend in concern as he locks his door behind him. As they walk to the subway station, Sehun contemplates on saying something but decides against it. Baekhyun would probably avoid any questions concerning his well-being.

The weather was dreary, grey clouds looming over the city, draining vibrant colours to a duller version of their vibrant selves. When the duo got the station entrance, Kyungsoo and Jongin were already there, having an animated conversation with many laughs and giggles. When they see Sehun and Baekhyun approaching, Kyungsoo beams at them, waving.

“I hope you guys like karaoke,” he says with a sly grin. Jongin laughs.

“This one is a karaoke manic,” he declares as they make their way down the long set of stairs. “He loves singing, especially when he comes upstairs to visits me when I’m working.” Jongin sends his best friend a pointed look as Kyungsoo feigns innocence.

“Arguably,” Kyungsoo starts as they each put in a token to get into the station, “My singing helps you work better.”

Jongin puts his hands up in defeat as they make their way to the subway platform. “That I cannot argue with.”

When the subway train arrives, Jongin and Sehun sit in a two seater, leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to find another two seaters a few meters away from them. Kyungsoo scooches in beside the window to make room for Baekhyun beside him.

 

 

Soon after they sit, the subway dings, the doors sliding inwards, closing entirely before the train lurches forward.

Next station is Dundas. Dundas Station.

Baekhyun looks over to Kyungsoo. “Excited?”

Kyungsoo grins. “I guess.” He glances over at Jongin and Sehun blatantly flirting with each other before leaning towards Baekhyun a bit. Baekhyun’s heartbeat speeds up unexpectedly, confusing him slightly as a faint pink dusts over his cheeks. Kyungsoo’s arm is pressed firmly against his, his body heat transferring over to Baekhyun’s slightly cold form.

Kyungsoo leans in further before his full bottom lip accidentally grazes the shell of Baekhyun’s ear. “I mainly suggested this outing for Jongin,” he whispers, his breath tickling Baekhyun’s lobe.

“Jongin’s been stressed out recently with work and he’s been gaining a new tattoo every day, he’s worried that he’ll never find his soulmate.” Kyungsoo leans out in favor of glancing at Sehun and Jongin again. “Between me and you, I don’t understand why he’s stressing out over the latter,” he says with a sly grin and chuckle.

Baekhyun lets out his first real laugh of the day. “I tell Sehun the same thing.”

The rest of the ride up to Finch station consists of going back to the basics. There are many things that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo realizes they do not know about each other. Every minute detail about their lives, childhood, past etc. is shared with each other until they couldn’t think of anything else to tell the other.

When they arrive at Finch, the walk to the karaoke place took less than five minutes, the four of the walking faster to escape the sharp winds. Inside sits an old woman, her hunched over frame covered in a warm jacket. She is currently eating what seems to be her lunch, a steaming bowl of kimchi fried rice.

She has thin geometric running along the side of her temple, just above her eyebrow, ink still a stark onyx colour. When she sees the four boys, she smiles at them, putting her chopsticks down.

“A room for four please,” Kyungsoo says with a pleasant smile, pulling out his wallet.

“That would be $20,” the lady replies, moving around to get mics for them.

Each boy pulls out a five dollar bill which she takes from them to place inside the cash register beside her abandoned lunch.

“Please go to room twelve, I will be there shortly.”

Inside the karaoke room there was a large TV screen playing a random music video. There was a long connect couch that formed an L shape along two of the room’s walls. On the wall above the couches, there are multiple colours of neon plaques covered in people’s signatures, drawings and the occasional vulgar statement most likely from immature high school kids.

When everything is set up and the old lady leaves the room with a “have fun!”, Sehun and Jongin are at the controller in a heartbeat. Within seconds 10 songs are saved and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes with a “And he calls me the manic.”

By the second song, all awkwardness is gone and the four boys are having a great time belting out songs at the top of their lungs. They take turns doing duets, Jongin and Sehun jamming out to “Uptown Funk” while Baekhyun and Kyungsoo sing a more mellow “Say Something”.

Before they knew it, two hours passes by (the old lady being nice and giving them an extra hour for free). With two minutes left, their last song is “Just The Way You Are” which Baekhyun put as the “sappy end to a fun time.” Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun claim to be too tired to continue singing so the song goes to Sehun and Jongin.

When they first start singing, everyone is giggling because of the impromptu (offtune) adlibs that Jongin adds in but as the song goes on and they sing with more sincerity, an odd, atmosphere fills the room. As they sing, they steal a few glances at each other, making eye contact for long periods of time. Sehun his dry lips, eyes wandering to Jongin’s before turning back to the screen.

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while

‘Cause you’re amazing, just the way you are.

There is silence in the room for a second before Baekhyun and Kyungsoo start cheering and clapping as Jongin, embarrassed, starts packing up his belongings and Sehun takes an obnoxious bow. When they finally finish packing up everything, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo head out the door first, Sehun and Jongin following close behind. As they walk down the hallway, Jongin’s hand slowly reaches over, gently grabbing Sehun’s colder hand with his own. Sehun looks at his startled but he doesn’t pull away, a light pink dusting his cheeks.

When they reach the old lady at the front, she looks up to say bye to them but something catches her eyes that makes her break into a grin, her face lighting up.

“Congratulations!” she beams at them, “May you live a healthy and prosperous life! You better come back to tell me the wedding date!”

Confused, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun look at each other questioningly. When they don’t notice anything different, they turn around to look at Jongin and Sehun, Kyungsoo letting out a small gasp.

They different tattoos that adorn Jongin’s and Sehun’s necks were glowing a vibrant green, the light pulsing light a lit Christmas tree. They hurriedly roll up their sleeves, finding that all their tattoos are the same green shade.

Sehun notices something similar on Jongin’s forearm and his eyes widen at the realization. He looks at his own forearm to find that he has the exact same tattoo as the other. Looking at their linked hands then looking back at Sehun with his eyes widen Jongin is stunned silent. Half a beat later, Sehun exclaims, “We’re soulmates!”

 

a/n HI EVERYONE! I'd like to welcome all my new subscribers and apologize to those of you who have been waiting for this update (for a month omg). School and exams :((( Anyways, a short fun fact for this chapter, tattoos turn green for 3 minutes when the two individual parties realize that they love each other/they are soulmates! That is all for this chapter, it's technically a continuation of Lime (they're supposed to be the same chapter). Subscribing, commenting and upvoting will make me super happy! That is all, see in you the next chapter :))