Purple

Dream in Colours

Jieun’s funeral is packed with people and Baekhyun finds himself getting lost in the never-ending sea of black. Jonghyun bravely stands at the front as he shares about Jieun and her beautiful soul. Tears fall as he speaks but he sticks it out, finishing his speech before he slowly makes his way back to his seat, head bowed.

 

--

 

After the funeral and the burial the attendants slowly trickle out of the cemetery. The near-winter weather was chilling and Baekhyun wraps his scarf tighter around his neck. At that moment Baekhyun feels someone’s gaze on the back of his head and he involuntarily shivers. Turning around, he sees that no one has their eyes directed his way and he glances around briefly with a confused expression.

Unsettled, Baekhyun makes his way towards a tear stricken Jongin and a somber Sehun as he yet again wraps his scarf tighter around his neck. Before he makes it to them, however, he feels a strong grip on his shoulder.

Whirling around, he finds himself face to face with a young man, dressed similarly to him. He dons a fitted black trench coat overtop a black suit, black dress pants and shoes to match. His hair is meticulously styled and his face is practically flawless.

“Hi, are you Baekhyun?” The man asks with a slight smile.

Baekhyun nods, not trusting his voice to come out stable.

“My name is Taemin, I’m Jonghyun’s cousin,” the other began, “I believe I have something for you.” With this statement, Taemin pulls a notebook out of his bag and hands it to Baekhyun.

“I hope it’s of use to your search,” he says. There is a glint in his eye and Baekhyun feels uncharacteristically uncomfortable.

“Thank you,” he mumbles quietly before bidding Taemin a farewell.

Baekhyun pivots, going to a more secluded area of the cemetery rather than heading towards his friends. With trembling hands, he slowly opens the worn notebook. The pages have yellowed due to age and the leather cover is hard and stiff. Inside Baekhyun finds almost illegible scrawls of names that Baekhyun could barely make out. Some are crossed out and some remain, the black ink now faded. Baekhyun notices that although first page seems to be the only page used, the notebook has been recently opened right in the middle.

Blood running cold, Baekhyun rushes to open the notebook, suspicious filling him with dread. In the middle of the notebook Baekhyun finds neat writing, a small font printed at the top of the left page. The ink is crisp and stark, unlike the faded letters at the beginning of the book. It's evident that soemone has written in it recently. Baekhyun holds his breath as he reads the words. 

 

Yongji Hur
Seohyun Seo
Namjoon Kim
Jaehyung Park

Soojung Jung
Kyungsoo Do

At the bottom of page there’s more writing.

 

Let’s play a game Byun Baekhyun.

 

a/n I am yet again back from the grave. I had the first two paragraphs down for the longest time and then I got hit by this massive wave of writer's block :| this short chapter is a segway as you will to the of the fic :)) I wanted this to be the last chapter but the next one will definitely be the last (which means it's going to be pretty massive.) I apologize again for not updating for...half a year LOL. Seeya hopefully soon in the next chapter!