Nine

Love Again

It has been 3 months since the incident, Minji is at her family’s home, taken care by her parents. I wasn’t allowed to come over and none had ever known who was the guy that kidnapped Minji and did such tortures. There must be an explanation to this. The police are still having the guy locked up and interrogated him lots of times but he refused to reveal why he did the crime towards Minji. Minji’s sister, Hyejin told me that she met with the guy at the prison but she couldn’t recognize who he is either. Beside than that, we could just wait for Minji to recover herself and hear from her as they said she might know the person.

HyeJin had always been sending updates of Minji’s condition and her daily pictures. It was not much than seeing her myself but at least it could ease my feelings and worries a little bit. Seeing her smiling in the pictures everyday sent by her sister had been giving me bit smiles. Hyejin said that Minji rarely remembers any of the guys she had known in her entire life except for her father. Dr. Yu Sunha who had been treating her trauma told that she might have troubles and some struggles to remember again. She wasn’t having amnesia but she tends to make herself forget the thing she fears of so much now. She doesn’t even remember any of her colleagues. Once, we tried to see if she remembered me that her mother asked me to call but she ended up threw the phone and cried the whole day upon her fear and trauma.

                                                *             *             *             *             *

I woke up today with a phone call. I picked it up sub-consciously without even knowing who I was talking to. “Kyuhyun?” a voice came out. I took a glimpse on the screen before putting again before my left ear and it was my love Minji. “Minji?! My honey!” I sat up.

“H—how are you?”

“I’m totally fine, my dear. Are you okay now? I miss you so much.”

“Em… Mother is cooking a lot. She invites all of you to come.”

“Oh, really? Are you fine with it?”

“I guess?”

“What time is it?”

“Lunch.” She answered and immediately ends the call. I went through the notifications and apparently Hyejin did texted me something. I opened up one by one of her text messages. There were 4.

From: HyeJin

Oppa, are you awake?

 

From: HyeJin

Oppa!!!!!!

 

From: HyeJin

Unnie asked for you this morning!

 

From: HyeJin

She’s calling!!!!!!

I laughed at those texts. I was back from schedules late so I slept late last night. It was 11 am when Minji called, awakening me. I went out after bath. Everyone was off their schedule today. “Minji invited us to her family’s house today for lunch.” I said as I sit in between Donghae and Shindong who was watching TV.

“She called?” Leeteuk asked in disbelief.

“Hm.” I hummed as a yes. “HyeJin texted saying that she asked for me this morning. I guess she’s getting better now.” I smiled.

                                                *             *             *             *             *

We went to Minji’s family house that noon. We arrived a bit late for lunch but they waited for us. “Welcome!” HyeJin opened up the front door for us. We all greeted her and Siwon gave her a box of chocolates he bought before we came here. “Thank you.” HyeJin grinned as Siwon winked at her. “Don’t tell me you two are dating.” Donghae said but he got replied by grins and smiles from both of them. We went in as seeing Siwon was about to relieve his longing for his “friend” there. I saw Minji was arranging the food on the table after heating up for us. “How are you Minji?” Heechul went to help her. “Ah oppa. I’m fine.” She smiled awkwardly.

“She woke up asking HyeJin about you. After HyeJin told her everything, she immediately asked me to cook saying that she wants to invite all of you here. I suppose that she is trying to get over her trauma. I called Dr. Yu, she said this is fine. It’s a good progression.” Minji’s mother smiled. I replied a smile to her as well before going towards Minji who was being interviewed by the hyungs. “I guess I should be the first to talk with my fiancée?” I joked. I can see she was smiling at me, holding back the awkwardness she had.

“I miss you so much.” She exclaimed as she went to hug me tight. I laughed and pulled her closer into my embrace. “I miss you more, my dear. I’m glad you’re fine now.” I kissed her head. Everyone was faking coughs to separate us. Minji grinned looking to her mother who was smiling and shaking her head seeing us. “You should see what HyeJin and Siwon are doing!” she insisted causing for both HyeJin and Siwon move apart from each other immediately.

                                                *             *             *             *             *

We walked around the garden near Minji’s house, holding hands. “Kyu.” She called.

“Hm?”

“I’m very sorry.”

“Why?”

“For neglecting you. I didn’t mean to---“

“You shouldn’t apologize for anything. I understand the situation. What’s important now is that you’re fine again. But, may I ask something?”

“What is it?”

“Who was the guy that kidnapped you?” I had to ask. I’ve been wanting to know who that person is and why did he do such crime. Minji suddenly kept silence until we went back home. I know, there’s something she’s hiding from.

 

A/N: So, what's Minji hiding? Who was the kidnapper? And did Kyuhyun really had gotten over RaeJoon's death? Stay tuned! :D

Thank you for reading and loving! I’m trying to update as often as I could! Thank you so so so so much for being interested with my story. Do subscribe so that you will not miss updates! hehe.  I love you all. <3