Four

Love Again

Minji is now an intern doctor in Seoul University Hospital. She has to do her internship for two years after graduating her medical school. She rarely contacts me as she was too busy. She was assigned to be in the emergency department. That was super duper busy. Me myself is going around the world for SS6 World Tour. I was resting after concert in Tokyo. When I was drowning into my sleep, my phone rang. “Nae Minji ah.” I answered after a glimpse of the screen to see who the caller is before I slid the screen to answer the call.

“Sleeping?”

“About to. I just finished it. We’re waiting for some party or what but I’m super exhausted.”

“I see. Are you well?”

“I am. Are you?”

“I’m fine. It’s just that I haven’t had my time to eat yet. I will in few mins. Waiting for my workmates.”

“I miss you.” Unconsciously I did say that. I noticed Leeteuk was smiling hearing what I said. “I miss you too. When will you come back?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“Want me to fetch you up?”

“No need. It will be full of fans. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Hm okay. I’m having my off day tomorrow. I will be following my aunt to the dorm. I will cook okay?”

“Have your rest, honey. Don’t burden yourselves.”

“It’s okay. I’m meeting you as well.” I smiled as I heard how kind she is even though she knows that I don’t love her with all my heart yet. “Okay then. Make sure you have your meal okay?”

“Of course. I’m going now. Bye!” she ended the call. I just smiled seeing my wallpaper with her on our first date at the charity project. “You are starting to love her.” Leeteuk approached and sat in front on me. “I guess so and I hope that I will be able to love her with all my heart and make her as happy as I could.”

*              *              *              *              *             

We reached the dorm with such a pleasant aromatic smell of soup and grilled meat from our kitchen. “We’re home!” Ryeowook yelled. “This is the real party, people!!” Heechul screamed. I just laughed and shook my head as I went to put my stuff in my room. I went out again seeing everyone had already eaten the meal. “Thank you ahjumma! Thank you, Minji!” Shindong thanked. I smiled at Minji as I backhugged her. “My aunt is here!” she exclaimed but whispering. The hyungs were all woo-ing on us. “I’m here, Kyuhyun.” Ahjumma came refilling the soup they finished. “Sorry.” I grinned and sat down joining them. “Won’t you have it with us, ahjumma?” Donghae offered.

“I ate just now with Minji. You guys go ahead.” Ahjumma replied with a smile. Minji went into the rooms to clean. I had never stopped her as it was her will to help her aunt work as a housekeeper of our dorm. After eating, I went into my room seeing Minji was cleaning. “Let me help.” I offered.

“It’s fine. I can do it myself.” She smiled. I don’t know why but I can see she is faking it. “Minji?” I held her hands. “What? I’m cleaning, Kyuhyun.” She let off my hand and continues her chores. I saw my diary was on the table. She must’ve read it. “Did you read my diary?” I questioned.

She kept her silence doing her work. “Minji, I’m not mad if you did.” I comforted her. I know she must be afraid that I might scold her for opening my private things. She just replied me with a hum. “I’m sorry for what you read.”

“I know you still love her. It’s not even your fault. I understand. Feelings can’t be forced.” Again, she faked a smile but her eyes were filled with tears as she speaks. Instantaneously, I hugged her causing her to break herself into tears. “I’m so sorry.” I apologized. “I’m trying. I’m trying so hard for us. Even Leeteuk hyung said that I’m starting to love you now. I will work on this. Don’t cry. I love you too. I love both of you. Okay?” I assured. She nodded and cried onto my chest.