Don't Go

Six Feet Under the Stars (VMin Drabbles)

 

It had been three months already, and he could feel his body getting weaker. All the natural color had escaped his skin, and he was even losing the energy to talk much. He could feel himself slipping away as each moment passed. His best friend sits by his hospital bed. He's reading him the lines of one of those romantic fantasy novels. The ones they used to act out together when he was well. He doesn't say anything or give much of a response as he listens, but he can hear his friend's words as they leave his lips into the cold room of the hospital. His eyes are half lidded and heavy, but he doesn't let himself fall asleep. He wants to hear how this story ends.

"Taehyung." He hears the nurse's voice as she enters the room, but he doesn't see her. His eyes are too heavy to look up at the spot in which she would be standing. Taehyung easily ignores her as he continues reading the words from the page at a steady pace. Jimin doesn't want him to stop. He enjoys listening to Taehyung's voice as he rests in his bed. Tae's voice is the only thing, for the past three months, that reminded him that he was not alone. That he didn't have to fight this battle alone. And that, if he left this world, he wouldn't be leaving it alone. "Taehyung," The nurse repeated, her tone careful and gentle. As if she knew that Taehyung could break if she wasn't careful. "When's the last time you ate?"

"I got a coffee from the cafe this morning." Taehyung stopped reading long enough to give her a not-very-solid answer. He continued.

Jimin could hear the nurse click her tongue. She was clearly unsatisfied with that answer. "You need to get some solid food in your stomach." She said. "Jimin needs you to be strong."

"If you don't mind, I'm trying to finish this last chapter." Taehyung's voice cracked, but Jimin knew that he wasn't going to allow himself to cry. Not in front of Jimin.

Jimin could hear the sound of her heels clicking on the floor as she made her way to the hospital bed. Eventually she came into his view, and he could see as she carefully placed her hands on Taehyung's shoulder, rubbing gently. "He'll still be here when you get back." She assured him. "Save the last part for once your done eating so he'll have something to look forward to."

Taehyung sighed as he gave in. Jimin watched as he stood and placed the book in the chair that he had just vacated. No. Jimin wanted to say aloud, but he couldn't find the strength. Taehyung, don't leave me. Please, I really want to hear the end of the story. I want to hear the part where they confess their love. I never got the chance to confess my feelings to you. Don't make miss out on this, too.

Not being able to say anything to stop him, Jimin hears Taehyung leave from the hospital room. Then, it's only too late. Jimin feels his eyes get heavier and heavier as he feels himself disappear. He's going off somewhere into nonexistence, and he never gets to hear the end of the story.

Story 4
Don't Go

 

Word Count: 551

WARNING! There is angst in here...um...if that affects you...please read at your own discression. Thank you!
It involved character death and cancer...

 

Author's Note: Hey~ ifyoubelieve here! I think you guys really hate me becasue I write these awful angsty things...this time it's Jimin who ends up getting into the hospital...he has cancer.

Um. I don't know if you guys have ever watched a show called the L Word, but this chapter is based on an episode from the that show...

Anyway~ if it made you cry...I'm sorry...I hope you enjoyed it!!!