|| PART FIVE ||

Scintilla

"Do you want something to drink?"

Silence.

"Maybe something to eat?"

Still no answer.

"How about some TV?"

Luhan kept the questions going, but it felt like they were falling on deaf ears. Yuri sat idly and stiffly at her window pane, staring outside with a blank face. Her cheeks were more hollowed out, her bones seemed to protrude more than usual, and she lost her beautiful glow. She was nothing but a corpse with a beating heart.

That's it. 

Ever since Luhan found her teetering off the edge of insanity and despair, he took care of her by making food and whatnot. Yuri, however, changed drastically. It was like something inside her snap to the point where there was no going back. She no longer looked or acted like the Yuri he knew. She never smiled, never showed any hint of emotion and it seemed like the life was out of her.

It hurt to see her that way.

But it hurt even more to know that he was the reason behind it.

It was a 'no-brainer' that he was the cause. It was so stupid of him to leave her so easily, knowing that she had this fear of being left alone, forgotten. Yuri took a huge blow when Hei Jin died, but she must have died when Luhan was the next person in line. Plus, he was her scintilla, something she believed in ever since she was a little girl. He missed the Yuri he learned to love over the few days. 

"Please answer me," He pleaded softly while taking in her cold hand.

"You should leave," Her raspy voice muttered as she kept her gaze outside.

"I won't," He said fiercely, gripping her hand a little harder. "I never will,"

"If only I knew that going crazy and almost killing myself would bring you back-" She chuckled bitterly which could only make his chest even more congested. 

"D-Don't say that," He shook his head.

"What?" She turned to him, eyes dead and skin pale. "The truth?" 

"I would have come back either way," He stated softly. "You're my scintilla-"

"Stop," She pulled her hand away. "They don't exist. It was just some dumb story Hei Jin told me as a child." He could see tears building up in the corners of her eyes. 

"No, they are real. Just look at us!" He exclaimed. 

"What us?!" She scowled- which was a change in her usual emotionless facade, but that still didn't make him feel any better. If anything, it just broke his heart even more. "If I remember clearly, you gave up on us! So stop this pity parade, because I'm fine." She got up and walked away. "The door is open for you to leave, but you better not come back." Even though she wasn't facing him, he could tell that she was crying.

The bathroom door slammed shut and he raced to it, scared of what she might do, but then stopped when he remembered that he emptied the cabinets from any medicine, alcohol and any potentially harmful objects. He slid his back down the bathroom door, rubbing his hands over his face and into his messy hair.

He messed up royally. 

A few hours passed before Yuri finally emerged from the bathroom. Like she asked, Luhan was nowhere to be seen and yet she was still sad. She had hoped that he would give up a little more of a fight. She dragged her feet towards her bed, hoping to sleep forever. As she lowered herself onto her bed, she felt something crumple under her weight. A note.

I know that you want nothing to do with me- trust me, neither do I-, but I still care for you. If you look a little over to your right, I left a Nutella sandwich and a glass of water. Sorry, I don't know how to cook, but I'm going to take classes. 

-Luhan 

She wanted to smile so badly, but she fought the urge and forced her hand to rip the note before throwing it to the side. She looked at the plate, contemplating on what to do with it. Her growling stomach finally made the decision and she took slow bites, washing it all down with the glass of water. Although it wasn't much food, she still felt full. She lifted the plate to place it somewhere else and found an arrow under it, pointing towards her closet. Out of curiosity, she got up and walked towards the folded doors and opened it even wider to reveal a large sweatshirt with another note stuck onto it.

It's getting chilly nowadays. Please wear my sweater to keep warm! Your sweaters are nice and all, but I still want you to wear mine.

-Luhan 

Yuri held the sleeve of the large sweater, passing her fingers over the soft fabric while contemplating. It was getting colder around the house. She could just take one of her sweaters, but she thought she would feel warmer with his on. Without further ado, she slipped it one and inhaled his addicting scent. It ended at her mid-thigh and her hands were lost somewhere inside the long sleeves. 

She glanced to the side and noticed yet another arrow sign that led downstairs. She bit her lip while carefully climbing down the ladder. She had no idea why she was following all these signs- maybe because she wanted to see what he had up his sleeves. 

The house was organized, better than the way she left it. Everything seemed back in place which was nice. She instantly headed to the kitchen, but stopped when she noticed an arrow pointed to somewhere behind her. She swiftly her heels and almost burst out laughing. Luhan sat back on her sofa, head flung back as a soft snore was heard. He slept soundly with another note stuck to his shirt. She leaned over carefully to read it.

I tried really hard to stay awake until you woke, but as you can see, I failed. I'm sorry for that. 

Somewhere further bellow those words were another phrase. The writing was a bit shaky as if he was nervous writing it.

I know that I don't deserve anything from you, but can you please, if you're reading this note and I'm still sleeping, cuddle with me? A few minutes would do. Please?

-Luhan 

She was lost for words. The favour might seem innocent, but she could feel the sadness lying underneath. She knew that he was heartbroken and guilty, but it's never easy to forgive someone. Maybe was it all her fault after all? She didn't mean to push him away, she was just too busy. The industry didn't change her; the change was forced upon her. Yuri was never good under pressure and that's all the modeling world was all about. 

Never the perfect size.

Never the perfect pose.

Never perfect. 

If only she had more free time to see Luhan then she would have been okay. He would have made her feel better. When she did actually see him after such a long time apart, she was already on the brink of shattering. Then, we he said that he gave up, so did she.

Coming back to reality, she stared down at Luhan who looked to be troubled even in his sleep. His dark circles were more evident and he looked tired out. 

It was all her fault.

He's been taking care of her while she simply gave him the cold shoulder, because she was hurt by his actions. In the end, while she was hurt mentally and emotionally, she was hurting him physically which made him weaker.

It was her fault.

Carefully, Yuri picked up the note and threw it to the side before climbing onto the sofa next to him. With much precaution, she laid her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat intently. It was as soothing as always and the tingles were simply buzzing all around her. Everything felt perfect for once. 

Suddenly, a rush of warmth enveloped her body- Luhan wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his lap. He buried his face into her neck and kissed it lightly. 

"Thank you," He whispered and she simply nodded, running her hands through his hair until he fell asleep again.

Like as if some unknown force was tugging on her, she leaned her head down and lightly pressed her lips against his. Sparks flew in all directions and it only intensified when he kissed her back. Luhan was suddenly wide awake as he held her closely, enjoying every single lasting second of the kiss to the fullest. As they slowly pulled apart, the first thing he did was smile.

"Does this mean that I'm forgiven?" He asked softly, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. She only nodded and cracked a smile that was enough to guarantee him years of happiness. "Yes?" He joshed, stealing a quick kiss.

"Yes," She let out a soft giggle. 

"I have my scintilla back?" He asked again with hopeful eyes. She took a minute to think it over, staring at him directly in the eye to search for anything that wasn't sincere. Nothing.

"Yes," She smiled. 

THE END