Chapter 7

The story of how Akira Toujiro cross-dressed as a man

“If I tell you, you have to keep it a secret.” I say. He nods. I take a deep breath and decide to begin my story. “My Dad was a very, very famous basketball player by the name of Sousuke Toujiro. He trained me very strictly through most of my life. It worked, as you can see. I was always in awe when I watched him play since he was the one person whom I could never defeat. He always told me to treasure and cherish the day that I could find someone whom I couldn’t defeat. For me, that was him.

 

After winning all of my games, I eventually started to grow bored of it. My Dad saw this and he got depressed. He told me that he can’t find anyone to defeat either. He said that he even started to hate basketball and he could tell that I was too, and I had to admit that he was right. For him, he started noticing no one could defeat him a little while after my 5th birthday and he was almost distraught that I was experiencing the same thing he was except at a much younger age than him.” I take a deep breath in, preparing myself mentally for what I was going to say next.

 

“One day, he brought me into his private office and sat me down in a chair in front  of his desk. He dimmed the lights. I just focused on the chair in front of me, my Dad’s chair. I heard his footsteps as he approached from behind me. Whenever I recall this scene, the footsteps sound like drums now, even though they probably weren’t.” I pause and my lips. “The next thing I knew, I hear a loud thud and a bright flash of white. I collapse onto the floor and can feel something warm and wet around my head. My vision starts to blur and I see my Dad walk up to his desk. He digs through one of his drawers and pulls out a gun. He puts the gun up to his head and pulls the trigger. I’m still lying on the ground, scared out of my mind as I see my Dad die.

 

The warm feeling starts to go away and I feel incredibly cold. My vision is blacking out and I feel really, really sleepy.” I wipe my eyes. I’m crying now. I pull my legs up, connecting my knees. I play with my hands on my thigh. I don’t want to look at Daisuke’s expression right now. “I wake up next at a hospital. The cops tell me my Dad left a note, but I never read it. Anyways, I cross-dress because I couldn’t find a person whom I couldn’t beat when I played for girls, so I cross-dressed as a guy. So now I’m on a search for someone that I can’t beat. When I find that person, I’m sure I’ll be happy.”


A pair of arms wrap around me and my face is buried in someone’s chest. It’s Daisuke’s--he’s hugging me! My heart skips a beat and my tears instantly dry up. My face feels like it’s burning up.