Truth - Two

Half-truth Deception

 

It was a brand new day for Junmyeon. It was a bit special since his new housemate would move in later after lunch that day. Junmyeon had always hoped the new addition in his life would be comfortable to be around with. He had been hoping too long for the said person to appear majestically in his life. 

Junmyeon woke up a bit early and tidied up his whole apartment, not that he had always been cleaning it as a habit. He wanted it to be a little special for the first day for his new housemate. The apartment was not so big but undoubtedly it was a cozy one to live in. Junmyeon tried his best in arranging the furniture on his own to suit his simple but modern taste. His little home, or his own sanctuary was painted in light blue.

Junmyeon wanted at least, a place that would be calming enough to rest in after going home when he finished his works at the school. 

It was half past two when Junmyeon heard his door bell ringing a few times. He walked out of his comfortable kitchen in a hurry and stumbled a bit before he could reach his front door. It was a bit noisy behind the closed door and he could hear more than two muffled voices talking. 

 

***

 

"Chanyeol, please. I'm begging you. Don't go scaring him off on my first day."

"So..? He will be fine, Yifan. Baekhyun said he's nice. Right, honey-" the door opened and revealed a pale looking boy in his early twenty looking a bit unsure with the atmosphere surrounding him.

"Hey, Junmyeon. Well, I'm here with my friends. They will be helping me with my luggage." Yifan stared at the most beautiful face in front of him for a while. 

"It's , okay. I don't mind. but, Baekhyun, why are you here?" Junmyeon asked with a puzzled face.

"Surprise... It's a long story. Should we come in first? These things are quite heavy," Baekhun said while trying to balance himself on his feet while holding a large box. 

Junmyeon opened his front door more wider than before and said with a welcoming smile, " sorry, it's my fault for not being inconsiderate. Come in."

The last person who came in was unfamiliar to Junmyeon. Junmyeon offered to carry some other things and directed all of them to Yifan's new bedroom. When they finished putting the things in a secluded corner in the room, Yifan and Chanyeol went to look around the apartment. That meant, Baekhyun was alone with Junmyeon in Yifan's room. They looked around the room before taking spaces on the bed. 

"That's Chanyeol, Joon. He's Yifan co-workers at his work. They are bestfriends.  Sorry, we're kind off crushing here," Baekhyun said with an apologetic look plastered on his face.

"Your husband? He totally suits you. Before this at the school, I just heard you tell me about him. It's okay, I understand."Junmyeon smiled knowingly.

"We should go out. I'm afraid Chanyeol will start exploring your house."

 

***

 

The other two guys were standing at the living room while chatting. However, Yifan was quick to throw a side glance towards Junmyeon and sent him his smile. 

"Yifan, how's the apartment? It's alright with you?" Junmyeon asked while looking at the taller male.

"Of, course. It's wonderful. Thank you for allowing me to rent this house with you." Yifan looked at junmyeon with a loving look. He was mesmerized with Junmyeon's beauty and not been able to leave his gaze far from Junmyeon.

Junmyeon turn to Chanyeol and said," hi, Chanyeol. I'm Junmyeon, Baekhun's co-workers. We sat beside each other in the teacher's room." 

"I know. Baekhyun has been telling me about you before this. And, you're kind of cute just like he said." Chanyeol smiled gooffily.

"Thanks, but Baekhyun is being too nice. I'm not that cute." 

 

***

 

Everything was fine. Junmyeon thought everything should be fine the way things went until the end. But, how he wrong he was to expect everything would go along with his way. 

It was the calm before the storm. 

Junmyeon was used to being degraded and critic by others. Wherever he went, that trait of his wouldn't leave him alone. There was always something wrong in the eyes of others when they looked at Junmyeon. 

Since he was a child, everyone around him kept telling him that he should be happy and smile all the time. They said that children couldn't be sad and gloomy all the time. They were children, still so pure and innocent; they didn't have to think about other things except eating and playing. 

Junmyeon, you should do this.

Junmyeon, you shouldn't do that.

Junmyeon, smile. 

Junmyeon this, Junmyeon that. He was tired. He was tired of everything. Once, he was really a bright child. But, everything gradually changed over the time.

He wanted to put a stop to all of this. But, he couldn't. Not when everyone was looking at him. Not when everyone was expecting a lot more from him. Even though he was tired, he must keep going until the end.

If only Junmyeon knew when all of this would end. 

 

So, he thought everything would be fine. Because, everything should be fine.

But, he never thought that Chanyeol would critic him after not very long they had met. Not straight to his own face. Not in front of Baekhyun and Yifan too. But, Chanyeol did. 

When they were talking, Chanyeol mentioned about his taste in arranging his own house was awful. It was so plain and boring. The decorations on the wall didn't suit the concept and it was a mess. 

Baekhyun and Yifan were stunned by his thoughtful comments. Baekhyun tried to fix the whole thing by giving a small smile and adding "he's always like this. Saying everything on his mind."

So, Junmyeon flashed his beautiful smile and brushing that things over so easily. 

"It was fine, I don't really mind."

How can Junmyeon answer anything other than that? Junmyeon kept his blinding smile all the time until he went back to his own room late at night. Chanyeol did not realized that he imprinted a new fresh wound on Junmyeon's already scarred heart. 

 

***

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol left before the dinner because they wanted to spend their time on a date. Baekhun blushed madly in front of Yifan and Junmyeon when Chanyeol accidently talked with a loud voice when he mentioned it to them before leaving. 

 

***

 

For Junmyeon, it was awkward at first because Yifan was sitting not very far from him and was staring straight at him. He just shrugged it off because he knew Yifan was curious at that time.

Yifan looked around the clean and neat kitchen. It was a rare sight to him seeing  a very well-managed house owned by a guy. The simple yet modern taste really stood out to him the most. The living room with a grey and white sofa with an eye-catching glass coffee table. There were two cute low seat cushions with red and black each taking spaces by the sofa respectively. 

Yifan loved the kitchen. It wasn't very spacious but just enough space for working in the kitchen. And, the most important it was the presence of the beautiful angel in front of him. Sometimes Yifan wanted to reach out his hand and patted Junmyeon's hair. It looked very soft and shiny. If only Junmyeon knew what was going on in his mind, Junmyeon would totally freak out with him. 

Yifan figured he should waited until the right time came. Just waited a little bit more.

Yifan wanted to be friend first with Junmyeon and make it comfortable for him.

 

***

 

"May be we should set up some rules since we're living as housemates right now," Junmyeon proposed that idea after they finished eating dinner. 

Yifan stared at first, looking lost. Junmyeon decided to explain further about it, "rules that have been agreed by the two of us. It'll make our life becomes easier, Yifan." 

Junmyeon took the dirty dishes to the sink and began wiping the table before he sat in front of Yifan again.

"I'm fine with anything. Comfortable enough for me." He grinned towards Junmyeon.

"I have some rules that I think important for you. Other places in our apartment, of course, we're sharing and will be using it together. But, I won't enter your bedroom without your permission because it's yours right now. And, one more thing. My bedroom is my personal work place at home actually. So, there'll be times when I'm working even at home." Jonmyeon finished with a small smile, hoping that Yifan wouldn't think about the rules being too strict. 

Yifan stayed silent for a while and nodded with a bright face, "I understand. Okay."

 

***

 

Junmyeon didn't know why but he felt safe being in his own room. May be it was because the fully white interior in his room that made him felt at ease. He liked to be alone sometimes after a tired day at work, outside of his house or even in his own house. 

Before this, he was tired when he was working because he would smile all the time. Junmyeon should be presentable while working, even if he was forced to stay until late at his works because his other co-workers decided to go home early and dumped all their works to him.

Before this, Junmyeon was tired of acting so sweet and smiled so beautifully in front of his friends and family. When most of the time, he just wanted to crumbled down and cried like a little child. But, he couldn't. He was a grown up guy, he was expected to be matured enough to go through all these things in his life.

Before this, he had to continue his facade in his own house and not let his guard down at all times. Junmyeon wanted to be accepted by his housemates because it scared him if the history would repeat all over again. He should try his best and be the best housemate.

He could be his own little self in his room. If he wanted to cry, he would cry without being scared to bee seen by others. Junmyeon wouldn't even felt tired of being lonely because in his room, he didn't have to smile all the time. It made him feeling safe, from being tired because of dealing with other people in his life. 

Feeling secured in his own spaces with his own built-wall around himself. 

Junmyeon thought no one would be able to evade his territory.

And, crushed that small world of his.

 

 

 

A/N: 

i didn't expect that this chap would get this long. 

thanks for subscribing.

keep commenting your thoughts, i would be happy to hear it.