Truth - One

Half-truth Deception

 

Junmyeon could not remember when he unconsciously started to put his beautiful facade on. But, somehow he knew it all started when he was in middle school.

He had many friends back then. But somehow, deep in his heart, he had always known that not all of them really wanted to be his friend.

It was fine if his friend were only playing a prank on him. They would laugh together merrily. It took one night in an empty dark room, being alone locked up by his own friends that made Junmyeon realized they weren’t even joking when they clearly said he was a total fool. That historical night, Junmyeon bailed his heart alone and scared to the point he became a mess when one of his teacher decided to open the locked door from the outside. The male teacher startled to his wit when he found Junmyeon with a pale face and red, puffy eyes in the said room.

His group of friends didn’t even look guilty or trying to apologize to young Junmyeon the next day when they met.

Because they knew, for some reason, Junmyeon would never take his anger out on them.

And Junmyeon, would smile obnoxiously, dismissing their little prank with his beautiful, blinding smile.

He was always on the hot spot among their friends. That “hot spot” was made for teasing, being order to and force upon in their group of friends.

It was all because Junmyeon didn’t know how to say no. he didn’t want to hurt others.

Junmyeon could not remember when but, he knew it hurt.

He was hurt deep in his heart without being able to show it. Because Junmyeon didn’t know how to.

That was why he kept smiling all the time… Like a fool.

 

***

 

Junmyeon could not remember when but he started to have some hope for his future.

Hoping that his college friends would be wonderful to befriend with, Junmyeon wanted his wish to be fulfilled… Desperately.

But he realized that he enjoyed too much in befriending wolves in sheep clothing. No one told him wolves are scary to be around with but he knew it would be painful. If only he could go back in times, he wanted to change their first meeting so, he wouldn’t have to go through all of these pain.

Either it was works or personal things, Junmyeon thought if he still be the nice person and good to everyone: he thought it would be fine. But , after he finished college, he decided not to go through the same thing again.

Sacrificing himself for others and continued to smile brightly even when he just wanted to hide and cried his heart out: it wasn’t worth it… Not at all…

Because he knew, he would have to continue smiling so that, no one would discover the other part of him, his darkest secret.

 

 

***

 

Junmyeon could not remember where he met his two housemates that decided to live with him in their newly shared apartment. 

At first they were fine, living together and getting along well.

But, he noticed something was off whenever he saw Hyuk Soo’s smile. Junmyeon felt his blood ran cold at that sight. His smile seemed full of venom. Not long after that, he dismissed that thought. May be Hyuk Soo was being nice to him, they were housemate after all.

One night, Junmyeon felt so hungry and decided to eat something light to satisfy his grumbling stomach.

“That petty little thing. Pfft… Wanna be angel… Who does he think he is..? Always smiling… It hurts my eyes…” Hyun Soo voice could be heard drumming in Junmyeon’s ears even when Junmyeon was sure Hyun Soo was in the living room with Joon Hee.

And, Junmyeon little heart was pierced with Joon Hee words, “he’s so fake.”

 Junmyeon could not remember when he went back to his room with all the numbness from the pain of his shredded little heart felt. He even didn’t remember if he went back to sleep or not.

But he knew. His fate was playing a prank on him too.

Replaying the same thing over and over again.

 

***

 

Junmyeon could not remember but he despised getting sick. It made him felt very vulnerable, being exposed without protection made him scared.

Junmyeon saw a plastic bag on the kitchen counter with rat poisons in it when he went to get a drink with some of his pills. He frown and kept thinking if their house had any rat. He didn’t think he ever saw one.

Until it past 8 o’clock that night, he finally knew what Hyuk Soo wanted to do with the rat poison. Junmyeon left his drink on the kitchen counter for a while and went to retrieve his pills that he accidentally left in his bedroom.

Before he could enter the kitchen, he heard some shuffling noise. It was Hyuk Soo and Joon Hee, hovering over his drink on the kitchen counter with something familiar in hyuk Soo’s right hand.

“Let him taste his own medicine… He won’t be able to act after this.”   

Junmyeon hid for a while until they were finished and went to talk while watching television in the living room.

With hard steps and loud sighs that only he could hear, Junmyeon went straight to grab his drink and pour it into the sink. Then, he made the same drink once again and went to the living room. He showed his beautiful smile and took a seat in front of them.

Junmyeon made sure he drink very slowly and took time to finish his drink in front of them. He was curious about their reactions towards this. Until the end of the night, Junmyeon still couldn’t decide who were the best actors among them: him or they, or whether they were really that cold-hearted or his little heart already tired from all of this.

 Junmyeon could not remember when but he wanted to quit all of this.  

And stop smiling.

 

***

 

Yifan was walking leisurely to go to the café that was situated in front of his office building. It was his usual day, going to work and finishing his works. It was boring to some other people but to him it was a pleasure. His job was not boring at all because it had been his expertise field of works and interest. And, he was content with his life alone.

It was a bit crowded so he decided to walk a bit faster to reach his little heaven. Or, may be his destiny was already fated when he landed his gaze on an average height male with pale skin. His black trench jacket with light black pants made a good contrast with his paled skin.

“He looks like an angel from heaven.”

He couldn’t help but to smile when the angel smiled so beautifully to an elder who passed beside him. Yifan couldn’t believe his eyes and he wondered why he didn’t meet with his angel earlier.

Yifan unconsciously stepped forward to the beautiful angel in front of him until he realized the paper that was in his hold flied away. And, Yifan just had to catch it with his right hand.

“Here you go, Mr…?” Yifan made no trouble to ask that to his now favourite person on the earth.

“Junmyeomn… Just Junmyeon… Thank you” Junmyeon extended his hand to receive his paper back but his eyes widened when the person in front of him took his time to read the paper in his hand.

"You need a housemate?"

"Yes, my old housemates wanted to move out from our shared apartment. I can’t afford it alone,:" Junmyeon sighed a little.

With a grin, Yifan said, “wow, you’re lucky then. I’m searching for a new house. My old one is a bit farther from where I’m working.”

"Okay then, take that flyer and give me a call. We’ll discuss more later. I hate to say this but I have to go. So, see you again… Mr…?” Junmyeon smiled and look at his future housemate warmly.

"Call me, Yifan.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

a/n: 

thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting. because i'm happy, here's the update.

this is their first encounter. there's so much more... :)

my next update may be a bit late. 

comments, everyone? or, any mistakes..? PM me... will edit it as soon as i can