A Rude Awakening

A Lost Lover

Ahri's POV:
After arriving we immediately went to the hotel to drop off all our stuff and to shower and change. Ji Woo was the first to shower and leave because he had some paperwork to finish at our new company building, so the rest of us decided to explore.

Angela who remembered some places just decided to walk off while Kris and Blaine lingered behind her taking all the beautiful sights in.

"Unnie I'll stay with you!" We can go get some food in a little bit right? I'm reaaaally hungry!" Ashely while doing aegyo.

After looking in a few stores and shops, we stopped by a convince store to pick up some snacks. We didn't want to go to a nice restaurant so we could all go together when we met up later.

"Wow unnie that was really good, can we buy more of those for later?!" She asked while cuddling the cup of ramen she had just finished. "Yeah, but later. We have a lot of other places to go before it gets dark, I wanna explore as much as we can."

"Awh ok, bye cup of delicious ramen~" she blew a kiss to her empty bowl as it laid in the trash. "You're so cute Ashley, you'll do great here haha."

We walked outside and Ashley could see Blaine from across the street. "Blaine unnie! Have you tried the ramen from here?! It's awesome!!" She yelled to her friend that was 20 feet from her and pointing at the shop we had just left from.

I put my palm to my forehead in embarrassment as Ashley hoped all over the place so excited about everything.

"I'm gonna go with Blaine and Kris ok? We'll meet up later" she threw up a peace sign as her and Blaine disappeared into a clothing store.

After wandering around for a few hours, It started getting dark, for a lot of people, Korea becomes the most fun at night, so clubs are scattered all over the place.

I walked in and it was beautiful inside, with all the flashing lights. I was never one to party back in the states, I wasn't going to start but I've been meaning to try out my Korean, I didn't learn for 4 years for nothing.

I found a calm place the corner of the room where i could just sit and watch. I made very small talk with a few people next to me but it wasn't long before I decided to get up and grab a drink. I wasn't up for getting drunk my first night here so I grabbed a soda but for some reason they gave it to me in a wine glass. I guess they gotta keep it classy.

I was about half way to my seat when I noticed something flashing in my eyes. Someone's necklace was reflecting the lights and right into my face. I rubbed my eye and kept walking.

I looked to my right to see a couple grinding on each other in the midst of a kiss too. It was cute I guess, until I adjusted my eyes to see that necklace that was flashing into my eyes looked familiar. It was the necklace I gave to Ji Woo for Christmas last year.. And just as that went through my mind, the girl turned around as if on queue. Angela looked right in my direction but somehow didn't notice me.

Stunned, I just stood there, getting shoved by other people having a good time.

With tears filling my eyes, I made my way to the exit, but not before tripping over myself and dropping my glass, putting more than enough attention on me.

Angela saw me rushing and shoving people to get out of there. She grabbed Ji Woo's hand and headed in the same direction.

After getting a few feet away from the entrance, I felt an arm grab me and lunged me towards a wall, scraping my head against it slightly. After my vision cleared from my watery eyes, the picture became clear to me and Angela was standing in front of me still with full grasp on my arm.

"I was wondering when you were going to catch on, but I guess it resulted to this." She said smirking as she looked over to Ji Woo. "Wha- what do you mean 'When I was going to catch on'?" I said trying to put two and two together.

She sighed and looked down at the floor. "I wish I would of done this in a better way but this wasn't planned." Ji Woo explained while nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

I tried to look at him but I couldn't hold back my tears and my vision became like a drowsy dream.

"When did this even happen" I managed to mutter out. "Ehh I think it was when he asked me to help decorate the studio for your birthday, and something about him really interested me. I never looked at him like that. I made my move and he didn't resist so I took my chance and now we're here. Clear enough for you?" She explained while cleaning her nails while her teeth.

Angela then turned around and grabbed Ji Woo's hand as they walked away. "Oh and by the way if you couldn't already tell, you're out of the group. So grab all your by tonight or we'll just throw it in the Han River or something."

I slid down the wall I was pushed against and just sat on the cold floor taking everything in. "One more thing before I forget, if you see us, anywhere at all. Don't run into us, we don't want to deal with your crap but if we have to, we will." Angela said while flipped her hair as she got into a cab with Ji Woo.

I just sobbed for what felt like hours. I kept closing my eyes, hoping to wake up from this terrible dream.

People looked at me. Some stared, some pointed. I didn't care. I just wanted to be left alone to think about why I came here with people that I didn't even know. All of a sudden, a women, about my age noticed me and decided to approach me. "Are you alright dear?" She walked closer to me and extending a hand out to me. I lifted my head to look at her and I replied that I was fine. I'd stop crying at this point but I was still crouched over sitting in my tears.

"Yeah, I'm fine thank you" I managed to spit out. She was shocked that I spoke Korean so well despite being a foreigner. "You don't look fine honey, please get up, I'll help you." She grabbed my hand and assisted me up. She grabbed her scarf and placed it around my shoulders.

"It's getting cold you know. You shouldn't be out without a jacket." She said as if she was my mom. "Why are you out her just sitting on the floor?" She asked. I took a deep breathe and gave her a brief explanation. "Oh..my" poor child, no one should have to go through that." She said patting my back. "Have you eaten? You look hungry." She said pointing to a convince store around the corner. I nodded my head.

She bought me a warm cup of ramen and some rice. I felt really bad that this woman was being so nice to someone that she didn't even know. "I went through something like that, a lot of people do sadly" she said looking down. "But there's one thing that I know, it will always get better. No matter how bad things seem to be, it can and will get better." I gave her a sweet smile, her words making me feel better actually. She reminded me a lot of my mom. "I don't mean to bother you anymore, but do you mind showing me where my hotel is? I haven't been here for long, and I can't remember how to get back there." I said giving her a card with the hotels name on it.

"Oh that's on my way home, I'd be happy to show you, it's really no problem dear. I see a lot of myself in you." She giggled

We walked and talked about our lives in little details. After a while, she handed me a card. "Jan Di, backstage supervisor, stage assistant, and production manager" followed by her phone number in big bold letters. "Call me if you need anyone to talk to or if you're just bored." She gave me a cute smile and waved to me as I stepped into the front of the hotel.

I put the card in my back pocket and proceeded with going upstairs to my room. After stepping into the elevator, I just hoped that no one would be in the room, and I could just get my stuff and get out.

I made it to my room and took a deep breathe. I swiped my card and the door made a clicking noise. I turned the door nob slowly. After the full room came into view, I noticed nobody was there. I quickly grabbed my luggage and made my way out the door, leaving my card on the bed since I wouldn't be using it anymore.

My eyes stuck to the floor as I made my way downstairs. I managed to make it outside without any of the girls seeing me. I quickly called a cab and got in. "Where to?" The driver asked. "Well, where's a good hotel that I could stay at for a decent price?" I asked. I had brought some of money of my own and that was enough to keep me steady for a bit but I wasn't up for splurging it on a nice hotel.

He drove to a small building about 10 minutes from the hotel we had just left. We stopped and I started opening my wallet to pay him. He shook his head at me. I looked at him confused. "This ones free." He said giving me a friendly smile. I bowed my head to him and got out of the cab. I thanked him and went inside.

I went to the front desk and requested a cheap room. They gave me my key and I made my way upstairs. As I dropped all my luggage in the floor of the room, I got into bed, fully clothed. I tried wrapping my head around the contexts that this day had in stored. I closed my eyes, then opened them, then closed them again tightly, hoping that I'd wake up from this terrible dream. I did this for 10, 20 minutes until I eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up, I had no idea where I was and was quite startled. I wasn't until I am Jan Di's business card on the floor that I remembered everything from yesterday and grunted as the memories flooded back into my head.

I stayed in bed, cuddling one of the big fluffy pillows and talking to myself. Thoughts running through my head. "Was my contract even filed here if they knew that they be kicking me out of group sooner or later, why bother with the paperwork?" I said out loud filling the spaces of my empty room. "Do Ashley, Blaine and Kris know about this? At least Ashley couldn't of known about this, she wouldn't of kept it a secret from me if she did know." "Kris and Blaine or both really close to Angela but I think they would know about this, much less keep it from me." I said gripping my hair in frustration, I took a deep breathe and decided to take a shower to let my steam off, literally.

I tried thinking of a solution for all this. I remembered what Jan Di said to me last night, and took another deep breathe.

"I'm not gonna let this ruin my life." I said proudly. I'm in Seoul, because of the hard work I put in." I continued. I opened my luggage and took out some clothes. After drying my hair I put some makeup on. I changed into a white tank top, dark red cardigan, black skinny jeans and my red high tops. I grabbed my bag and put my laptop and my sketchbook in it with some pencils. I used to draw a lot but after we made the group, I had no free time and any time I did have I spent sleeping.

Not even knowing where I was going, I left the hotel and waited for a bus. After getting in and paying, I sat next to an older woman. I politely asked if she knew any coffee shops or little cafés near by. She told me there was one coming up in a few blocks that was her favorite. She'd been going there since she was a younger girl. "The caramel macchiatos there are really the best" said explained. "It should be coming up around the corner." She continued as she pointed to the window.

As the bus stopped I thanked the woman and I made my way off it. When my feet hit the cement, I felt my phone ring.