I'm Scared

A Lost Lover

Ahri’s POV:

I opened my eyes, only to close them, looking at the clock. ‘4:26am’. I turned in my bed, feeling my necklace fall onto my shoulder, realizing I wore it to bed. I took a deep breath, undoing it and holding it in my hand, looking at it again, probably the fifthteenth time since getting home last night.

 

"I know that because of the company, we can't really be anything other than friends right now, but I'm giving you this, so that when we can, we can be more than that." His words, still sounding in my head. If I think about it, I can replay that whole scene in my head. How nervous he looked walking me to that room, how his eyes wandered from my hands to his face, how he smiled after he kissed me, our heads leaning against each other, the hug he gave me when he dropped me off, how warm he felt against me.

 

I turned, now on my back staring up at the ceiling. “I should really get some sleep..” I thought, remembering how I couldn’t sleeping until 2 in the morning, my emotions getting the better of me. I closed my eyes, choosing to think about things later, rather than sacrifice my sleep.

 

A few hours later, I was getting dressed heading over to work, centering my necklace, I just threw on a hoodie and blue skinnys, noticing winter was coming pretty soon, tucking my necklace inside my hoodie. With my hands tucked into my sweater, I entered the building, getting into the warm elevator, feeling drowsy already. “Oh come on.. Not now, not this early.” I mumbled to myself, refusing to belief I was so tired. I stopped on the 2nd floor, just one person getting on, the doors closing slowly after. I kept my head low, trying to avoid the bright lights on top. “What floor?” I asked, standing in front of the panel of numbers already. “1st.” My eyes opened wide, recognizing that voice anywhere. I pressed the button, hoping to everything holy they wouldn’t see who I was, my palms got sweaty, I felt a chill run down my spine, a bead of sweat fall between my shoulder blades. The machine stopping on the first floor, the person hitting the ‘stop’ button, turning to me.

 

“So, how’ve you been Ahri?” she looked at me, her face looking no different than before. “Been fine, Angela.” I muttered, trying to not seem weak behind my words. “That’s good, but, I’m afraid you made a mistake.” she said towering over me, her heels giving her a good few inches above me. “And what would that be hmm?” I said, looking her straight in the eye. “I said that I didn’t want to see you around, but, here we are, strange huh?” She said, ending her sentence with a swift hit. The side of my head finding a home against the metal wall around us. “Now, I really mean it. I’ll kill you next time.” she finished, kicking me while I was down, literally, before pressing the ‘21’ button, the doors closing behind her as she walked off into the lobby.


 

Taehyung’s POV:

“Does she work today?” JungKook asked, around 10 minutes until her shift would of started. “I don’t know, I didn’t ask her yesterday.” I answered him, unsure myself. “You know hyung, I actually really like how your hair came out. It looks good on you.” JungKook commenting, his fingers pinching single strands of my hair. “Yeah, they did a good job on it, I think they’re dying my hair next week.” Namjoon said, referring to my now brown and pink hair color, I myself starting to like it a lot. “Hey Jin, do you think you can get some of those pastries you got last week?” Yoongi asking him. “The ones from the bakery around the corner?” All of us nodding our heads to his question. “All right, I’ll be back in a bit.” he said, getting up and leaving the room.


 

Jin’s POV:

I walked over to the elevator, pressing the ‘down’ button, the doors opening immediately. I stepped in, noticing something crouched in the corner on the floor, realizing it was a person. Their hand covering part of their face. “Oh.. excuse me, are you alright? Is there something wrong- A.. Ahri..?” I gasp, my knees falling to the ground. “Ahri.. Ahri what’s wrong.” I questioned, to the point of panicking, I pressed the ‘open doors’ button, deciding to call the boys for this. All she did was make mumbling noises, obviously in pain. I tried grabbing at her hand, wondering why she was holding it that way. She resisted for a few seconds before giving up and putting it down, my heart slowed down to an unhealthy pace, seeing patterns of blood on it.

 

Taehyung’s POV:

Jin rushed through the door, his breathing sparse. “You got them that fast? Wow nice hyung!” Jimin cheered, but confused when we realized he didn’t have anything on him. “Did you even get them? Did you leave your wallet or something.” Jimin asked, scratching his head. Jin finally catching his breath spoke up. “E-.. Enough about the stu- stupid pastries. Its A- Ahri.” a small cough coming from him. “What wrong with Ahri..? Is she here- Hmm? Did you hear that, a loud thumping noise coming from outside, interrupting my sentence. “Oh no..” Jin said, running back outside, the rest of us following behind him. I didn’t believe my eyes, I backed up into the room once more, my eyes still on her, collapsed onto the floor. “Wha.. What the hell happened.” Jimin picked her up, anger flowing through me, my eyes darkening as we rushed back into the elevator, pressing the lobby button. “Jin, what the happened.” I asked again, demanding a reply. “I went to get the food you guys wanted, and when I got in here, I found her in the corner just like that. She was covering part of her face, so I couldn’t who it was until I got closer to her. She didn’t say anything either, just babbled, holding her stomach. I ran back up and sat her in one of the chairs while I went to tell you guys.” he explained, Jimin holding her tightly, keeping her head up.

 

“Where is she bleeding from? Her hand is covered in blood.” Namjoon spewed, all of them shaken up, frantic. Her eyes barely opening as we got into the car, Jimin resting her head on my lap. “Ahri, Ahri you need to stay with us, we’re on the way to the hospital right now, just stay with us.” Jimin said, patting her cheek gently, trying to keep her awake, but falling out of consciousness yet again. I adjusted her head, seeing that my hand was smudged with blood also. I looked on the opposite side of her temple, noticing her hair was almost drenched, moving it, finding from where she was bleeding from. “Do we have any cloth that I can apply pressure with, it’s head wound, we need to apply pressure to it, do we have anything??” I yelled out frantically, Yoongi throwing me one of his bandanas. I folded it over, applying it to her wound, my lips turning white, unsure of how to feel, nervous, angry, anxious, unstable almost..

 

It was early enough in the day where traffic wasn’t too heavy, getting us to a hospital in 20 minute, I held the bandana to her head the entire way, keeping the bleeding from worsening. Jin drove up to the entrance, the rest of us getting out, Jimin carrying her in, Jin leaving to park the car. Namjoon ran ahead of us, grabbing the attention of a nurse to get help immediately. “Here, place her gently here. I already alerted a doctor, he should be waiting a few doors down. Did any of you of treat her in any way? Give her meds, CPR, anything?” she asked all of us as we ran down the hall, next to her on the gurney. “I stopped some of the bleeding, for the car ride over here, I just applied pressure.” I spoke up, the nurse nodding towards me. “That was a smart thing to do, making sure she retains as much blood as possible.” We jogged down the hall with her, meeting the doctor on the way to the OR, the nurse briefing him on all details.

 

They strapped an oxygen mask on her, leading her into the operating room, leaving the boys and I to stay in the waiting area, unsure of what happened back there. We just sat there, silent. I had my face cupped into my hands, hunched over for a while, not knowing what they were doing to her back there. Hoseok spoke up, the first one to do so. “So.. She was ..attacked?” He brought up, none of us taking that into consideration at that point. Namjoon turned to him. “Seriously..?” he questioned. “Who would just attack someone like that.” “Especially in an elevator.” Jin added, all of us still baffled. “It doesn’t make any sense..” Jimin resting his head on his hand. I got up and went to the restroom, in desperate need of splashing water onto my face, afterwards I returned to the guys, it turning silent yet again.

 

Not too long after, her doctor came out of the OR, making his way over to us. We all rushed up to him, questions flying everywhere. “Guys, guys, relax. She’s fine. It was a minor concussion, directed on her temporal lobe and a very minor abdominal injury.” he explained, some of us seeming more lost than others. “Well.. what does that mean exactly?” JungKook asking, not fully understanding the doctor’s explanation. “It just means she’s fine, she’s on some pain medication, and being transported to her room, she needs to stay overnight at least. We had to apply a few stitches on the left side of her head, so make sure she takes care of that.” he said, handing us a card with her room information on it. “You’ll be able to see her in about 10 minutes, once she’s all settled.” he started walking away, but turned back around to us after a few steps.

 

“How did you say you found her again?” he asked, all of us looking at Jin. “I went to use the elevator and I just found her like that, no one was around that I could’ve seen.” he explained, the doctor nodding his head. “Why do you ask doctor?” Yoongi asking for the rest of us. “Well, seeing the impact wound on her head, she was hit, punched for a better word.” he said, all of us growing quiet.

 

“How do you know?” Namjoon asked. “If you notice, there’s a wound on both sides of her head. She was punched on her right side, causing her to smack into the elevator walls, that causing the actual damage. With the way the bruises look, you can tell it was a fist. And addressing the other injury-” “Other injury? What other injury?” Jimin interrupted him. “The one on her stomach, after the hit, she was, what we assumed, kicked, she was hunched over already, so it gave the the person a good spot to kick.” he explained, looking over to the nurse’s station, seeing his other clients. “I’m sorry, but I have other patients waiting.” he said bowing and walking away, a flurry of ‘thank yous’ leaving our mouths.

 

We all sat back down, trying to regain ourselves and try to make any sense of what happened. “Now this really doesn’t make any sense.” JungKook speaking out loud, his fingers running through his hair. “You wanna go see her now? I think she’s good by now.” Jimin suggested, all of us walking down the hallway, looking for the right room number. “76.. 77.. 78.. 79! Here its this one.” Jin said, opening the door.

 

It was almost painful to see her like that, her head covered in bandages, her head slightly tilted to the right on the pillow, her face still covered by an oxygen mask. I walked in, JungKook and Namjoon coming in after me, the others following closely, Jin closing the door behind him. The room was silent, the only noise heard was the faint beeping from the heart monitor next to her. I grabbed a chair, scooting it over to her bedside, looking at her more closely. I grabbed her hand, intertwining her fingers with mine, holding her tightly.

 

A nurse walked in with a clipboard, surprised by the amount of boys in the room. A quiet “Oh.” escaping from her, before approaching Ahri’s bed, jointing something down on her paper. “So, how is she?” Hoseok asked her, the nurse flipping through a few pages. “Well, her recovery is going very well. She’s still unconscious, so we’ll know for absolute sure when she wakes up which should be pretty soon.” The guys breathing a sigh of relief. “Oh, also, when she does wake up, she might be a bit agitated. The location of her injury is related to behavior and memory, so she might be a little off for a bit, but that should turn to normal after a week or so.” she said as she bowed and walked out of the room.


It got late, really late. Another part of the hospital staff walking in. “I’m sorry, visiting hours are over. One of you may stay overnight but we can’t let more than one.” he said, a few blankets in his hands. The guys all looking to me, seeing if I wanted to stay. I nodded, not wanting to leave her after what happened. The boys all patted my back, assuring me that everything was okay, and that they’ll be back first thing in the morning. I scooted my chair closer towards her bed, the man handing me a pillow and blanket. “We serve breakfast in the mornings, so feel free to get some when you wake up.” he said, waving as he walked out, dimming the lights. I took a deep breath, just glad she was safe. I held her hand, resting my head on the edge of the bed, trying to get comfortable under the conditions, draping the blanket over my shoulders, kissing her hand before closing my eyes.

 

I woke up a few times during the night, nightmares creeping into my head, forcing me awake every few hours. I left the room, getting a drink of water and stretching my legs a bit in the hallway outside her room, clearing my head. I came back in, and tried again. I just stared at her, remembering when I kissed her. Her soft lips against mine, making my body warm.

 

My eyes fluttered awake, the feeling of someone petting my head making me feel comfortable, even relaxing. All the worry from before, melting away, my eyes slowly closing again. I almost fell back asleep, until I remembered where I was, my head lifting it from the bedside, seeing Ahri’s hand slide down to my cheek. “Morning~” she said, a small smile appearing from her.

 

I looked at her, my hands immediately moving to her hands. “How’d you sleep?” she giggled, my messy hair apparently making her laugh. “When did this happen?” she asked, patting my head. “Oh this? Yesterday, I wanted to show you but, you know…” I trailed off. “Do you remember what happened?” I asked, not sure what she did and didn’t know. “The doctor came in around an hour ago, checking up on me. He noticed I was awake and started talking to me for a bit, telling me everything that happened. I don’t remember anything after getting on the elevator. I pressed the button.. and, I woke up here. The doctor filling in all the details for me.”

 

“Hmm, well, how do you feel?” I asked, tilting my head to look at her bandage. “It hurts a little, but not too much.” she explained. I smiled, seeing that she was okay and still happy made all the bad thoughts leave my head. I intertwined my fingers with hers, laughing as I tried to fix my hair.

 

I called the guys, telling them the good news, all of them already on their way to the hospital. Within a matter of minutes, the doors opened, all of them flooding inside, gifts all in their hands. “AHRI!” JungKook screamed, shoving Yoongi out of the way. “Noona, how are you? How do you feel?” the younger boy asked, all of them setting their things on a table in the corner of the room. “I feel fine, what is all that?” she asked, seeing several stuffed animals and flowers fill the room. “They’re get well gifts.” Namjoon said, “Jimin suggested we stop by and get you something.” he added, Jimin hiding behind Jin. “Awh.. Thanks you guys. I’m really feeling a lot better.” she said, moving her head, looking for Jimin. “Is Jimin here? I don’t see him.” she said, all of seeking, finding him lingering behind Jin. “What are you doing..?” Hoseok asked him. “Huh? I was just tying my shoes.” he answered, looking out the window. “Pabo.” Yoongi said, shooting him a look.

 

“We talked to the doctor before coming in here, and he said if you’re feeling well enough and the tests come back good too, we can take you home today.” Hoseok said grinning. “That sounds nice, I hate hospitals~” she whined, stretching her arms. “Hey..” she whimpered. “Hm?” I asked as she patted the bed sheets. “Where’s my necklace?” she frowned, realizing it wasn’t around her neck.

 

“Is it that?” Jimin said, pointing to the table besides her, grabbing it and placing it in her palm. “Oh, thank goodness.” she said, stringing it around her neck, taking a deep breath.


After talking to the doctors and seeing that she was feeling a lot better, he gave up the approval to take her home. “You want us to take you home? Or do you want something to eat?” JungKook asked, walking into the parking lot. “I don’t want to go home honestly..” she said softly, all of us looking to her. “I.. I don’t want to be left alone..” her face turning serious as we entered the car. “Do you want one of us to stay with you at your apartment?” Namjoon asked, scratching his head. “Do you guys mind if I.. stayed at your dorm? Just for few days. “I’m scared.. to be by myself..”