Chap. 2

Underrated Idol

Kris woke up with a raspy throat and soar legs. He looked at his clock and realized that he woke up two hours late. Usually the members would wake him up, but this certain time they didn't. As always, Kris didn't think much of it and prepared to get ready for the day. After brushing his teeth and putting on his clothes, he went downstairs to get some breakfast. Sadly, all the food was gone, only a note on the table left with a big mess. 

 

Since you woke up late, clean the kitchen *sorry hyung* Hope schedule isn't hard today! ♡-Tao 

 

Kris smiled at the note and proceeded to clean the kitchen, washing the dishes and wiping the table. Once he was finished, he decided to eat a bowl of cereal. He sat down at the table, wondering why the others didn't wake him up. 

 

"But hyung, it wouldn't be fair if we didn't wake up Kris as Well." Tao found it very unfair that they didn't want to wake up Kris. "He is the leader of EXO-M. He needs to learn how to wake up on time."  "But hyung, you are the leader of EXO-K and Xiumin wakes you up every morning." Suho looked at Tao in a mean way and was about to say something until Lay spoke up. "I'm sorry to say this, but Tao is right!"  Suho's face softened and looked at Tao in an apologetic way. "Tao, he is a leader. Leaders are independent. That's all I'm saying, end of discussion." Tao nodded his head yes and slightly hung his head low. "Okay everyone, let's go."  Wait, Maybe I can pretend to get something and go wake up Kris hyung, Tao thought to himself. "I Ah, I forgot my....bag upstairs. I'll just go get it." He rushed upstairs and ran to Kris door. Just as he was about to knock, Sehun called him. "Tao hyung!  Your bag is down here!"  He groaned in frustration and ran his fingers through his hair. "Sorry hyung", he whispered before slowly going downstairs. "Hey Tao?"  "Yes Baekhyun hyung?"  "Write a note to Kris hyung saying he has to clean the kitchen for waking late!"  "But hyu--"  "Tao...."  He rolled his eyes before getting a paper and pen from the kitchen draw. He scribbled a quick note on the paper before sadly walking out of the door.

 

When Kris finished eating his cereal and thinking about why the members didn't awake him, he grabbed his belongings before walking out of the door. 

 

-----------------

 

When he arrived at the practice room, all eyes were on him. "Sorry for being late hyung, I overslept", he said while bowing ninety degrees. The manager looked at him angrily before walking up to him and slapping him in the face. Kris winced in pain and put his hand Where he was slapped. "Next time you are late, it will be worse than that. Now start practicing." Kris nodded his head yes and began to practice Overdose with the rest of the members. 

 

A few hours later, the manager released everyone to go home, except for Kris. "Since you decided to be late, you will practice for two extra hours."  "Yes, hyung." Kris began to practice long and hard while the other members went out to eat. 

 

Tao was frustrated. Not only because Kris had to practice for extra hours, but also because the other members decided to go out to eat instead of waiting on him. "Don't you think we should Wait on Kris hyung?"  "Nope."  Stupid maknae, he thought to himself.  "Hey let's go McDonald's!", Baekhyun suggested. "I'll pay." Tao was on the verge of tears. "Kris favorite restaurant is McDonald's", he whispered to himself. "C-can we go s-somewhere else?"  Baekhyun laughed while squeezing out a no. "Yah hyung! That was unattractive." 

 

Kris took a break from his dancing to grab a bottle of water. His legs were aching in pain and he felt dehydrated. "I didn't say stop, KEEP DANCING!"  Kris got up obediently and continued to practice the dance. While he was dancing, he was thinking about what the other members were doing, especially Tao. He was very fond of the younger one. It seemed as if he couldn't stop thinking about him, prior that he was the only reason he stayed in the group. Thinking about Tao made him work harder. He wanted to be someone Tao could look up to, someone he used as an example. He wanted Tao to walk around and say, "Yep, that's my hyung." He just wanted Tao to feel proud of him. He kept on pushing himself harder on the dance before he felt like he couldn't stand any longer. He smiled thinking about how proud Tao would be if he knew how hard he was working. 

 

"I just...want him to be proud....", he whispered before falling down on the floor.