Chap. 1

Underrated Idol

Kris was an idol. Just like any other idol, he has fans and of course enemies. Kris was apart of a very famous group under SM entertainment, EXO. He was the leader in the sub group EXO-M and also the rapper. Practices were hard for Kris, just like today. Everyone else was done with their schedule, while the manager has added more work to Kris schedule. He always felt as if he was being overworked, but he just continued to go with the flow.

 

He walked out of the recording studio and grabbed a bottle of water. He had been recording his verse in Overdose for ages. His throat was burning and his legs were getting numb from standing there for three countless hours. Many times he has asked for a chair or a little stool to sit on, but they always said no. Kris thought Nothing of it and just continued to record his part for the hundredth time. Yeah his voice was harsh, but he had to finish he schedule, keeping Tao in mind. 

 

"Okay Kris, that's enough for today. You can go to the dorms now." He sighed in relief and walked out of the recording Booth. He picked up his belongings and checked his phone. 

 

8 missed calls and 5 unread messages. 

 

He quickly dialed Suho's number and prepared to get yelled at, probably cursed at. 

 

"KRIS WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS!" 

 

"I had a big schedule today, I'll be at the dorms in 10 minutes." 

 

"Hurry up, Kyungsoo made dinner." 

 

He hung up his phone and checked his messages.  Three from Suho, and two from Tao. 

 

From:Tao 

 

Ya Hyung, hurry back before Suho blows up.....again. >_

 

From:Tao

 

Did you have a long schedule again? 

 

To:Tao

 

Yeah schedule was pretty hard today. Omw 

 

Tao was his closest friend at the dorms, he felt as if they really connected.

 

He put on his mask and jacket before walking out the door. He pulled out his keys and got in the car, silently driving to the dorms. It was pretty cold tonight, so he turned the heat onto full blast.  Driving for six minutes, he finally made it to the dorms. He grabbed his keys from the car and locked the doors. He scanned around the area to make sure there weren't any people around. Seeing the coast is clear, he walked up to the building. He scanned his pass giving him access to the building, and walked to the elevator. He pushed the number 4 and patiently waited for the elevator to reach his destination. He exited the elevator and walked up to the dorms. He put his hand on the doorknob, but didn't twist it. "I feel as if hell is about to break loose", he mumbled under his breath. He opened the door to eleven pairs of eyes on him. Everyone got up and left the room execpt for Tao. 

 

"Hey hyung." 

 

"Hi Tao."

 

"You're late... again. So I kept your plate warm for you." 

 

"Thank you."

 

"Well I'm sleepy, so goodnight." 

 

"....Night."

 

His nights were always like this, eating alone in a quiet environment. It has happened so many times that he has learned to deal with it. He ate his dinner alone and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. The other members always left their plates there to punish Kris for being late. Everyone except Xiumin and Tao. Xiumin because he just couldn't stand the fact of leaving his plate there, and Tao because he felt as if it was unfair. Tao felt as if he shouldn't be punished because he was late, he had a very long and tiring schedule. No one listened to him though,  they just and said he has a crush on Kris. He did a little, but it also just felt unfair. For him being in the maknae line, he couldn't do anything but respect his hyungs and do what he is told. 

 

After Kris finished cleaning the kitchen, he prepared to get into the shower. There was a note on the mirror saying there was no more hot water. He just shrugged it off and took a cold shower. A shower was all he needed to calm his nerves, hot or cold. Shortly after he finished washing himself, he got out of the shower. He put on his pajamas and sat on his bed. He grabbed his phone and checked on Instagram and Weibo. Realizing the time, he put his phone on the charger and crawled into bed, hoping and praying for a long and peaceful slumber.