Chapter 12

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Sica, you can't just go around spread rumors like that. Especially for someone Fany have to associate daily at work. Now probably you make her feel uncomfortable around that person."

 

"But isn't all rumors! She had always been such a player back in high school, dating girls left and right! I wisnessed them by my own eyes!" Jessica argued before scrunched her forehead and lowered her tone. "We were classmates in our first year, you know and actually she was a good kid. Quiet and reserved... Until fame got into her head."

 

Jessica told them about how Taeyeon happened to be good at playing various instruments and therefore being recommanded by their music teacher, to be a substitute for one of their school band personnels to competed in Seoul High School Musical Contest, due to the drummer got into an inccident at that time.

 

Taeyeon refused at first since she didn't think she was confident enough to be on the stage and the fact that the band consisted of her seniors made her uncomfortable but the teacher insisted she was the best choice, kept encouraging and bugging her until she was giving in.

 

Jessica went on about how the band Taeyeon was in, won the competition and eventually she became fixed personnel of the band to replace the graduating senior. 

 

"Guess what Taeyeon's position since then? It's vocalist, guys!" Jessica chortled, very giddy to share more story. "Who could have guess she had such a good voice, right?! She even barely spoke when we attended the same class!"

 

Jessica kept gushing over Taeyeon. "The band gained more fame afterward, to the point they got invitations to events outside school! Sometimes Taeyeon sang while playing guitar too. I tell you guys, she was sooo attractive and charming while doing so. I think that's why girls were head over heels for her. She was just really good in what she does!"

 

"Look at how you talk about her now, I wonder if you were one of those girls?" Sooyoung asked her accusingly.

 

"What?! No!"

 

"Don't lie. Your face is red."

 

"Sheesh. So what if I did like her? Teens always have something for someone who good looking and popular. Me? No exception!" Jessica exclaimed, defended herself. "Anyway, like I said fame got into her head, long gone the reserved kid. It wasn't like she turned into a bully or such but she had transformed into a different person. She was more confident and outgoing which is not really bad thing. She also hung out a lot with popular groups of students at school even I heard she followed them partying and drinking despite being underage and most importantly she started changing girlfriend like she's changing clothes."

 

Jessica kept on her blabbering as if Tiffany wasn't been feeling sick in her stomach. "In our last year though, she began chasing our student council president. The girl was smart, kind and beautiful, everyone in school loved her. I heard the girl initially rejected her, knowing Taeyeon's track record regarding dating was not that good. But later on, she eventually returned her feeling since Taeyeon proved her that she changed and stopped seeing other girls. Or to put it simply, maybe no one can resist her charms?"

 

Tiffany hated the glint in Jessica's eyes as she said that, but then she noticed those same eyes darken in seconds.

 

"But guess what? Bad habits die hard! Last time I heard after years of dating, Taeyeon cheated on her! It was in college years I think. And what makes me mad is, she cheated on her terminally ill girlfriend! Sheesh how dare she! That jerk!"

 

"Wow. She sure is an ." Sooyoung retorted.

 

"Right."

 

"How did you even get this much information?"

 

"I'm still on contact with my highschool's friends, you know. We talk about them sometimes, specifically Taeyeon."

 

"But everything you say is not necessarily true though. You folk just love gossiping about other people."

 

"Isn't just somebody! It's the Kim Taeyeon! Eveything about her is juicy!  And big chance it's all true! Last I heard Soojin was overseas for treatments and Taeyeon went back to her old self bedding girls." 

 

 

Taeyeon's frown deepened as she stared at her device. She had been trying to contact Tiffany ever since she dropped Jihyun but the woman didn't pick up her call, nor did she reply to her messages.

 

"What's with the long face?" Her mother commented, putting a bowl of dessert in front of her. "Is it Jihyunie you talked to on your phone?"

 

"I don't even have her number." Taeyeon mumbled before digging in.

 

"You don't? What were you two doing then all day if at the end of your date, you don't exchange numbers? Nevermind, I'll just give her your number later."

 

"Umma, listen. One, it wasn't a date, you sneakily made me go out with her without my knowledge. Two, please stop whatever your plans are now, I'm not interested in her."

 

"Taetae, she's a nice girl. I think she suits you well."

 

"That's what you think, not me. Besides... I have someone now."

 

"You do?! Why don't you tell me earlier?!" The excited mother pulled up a chair, sitting beside her eldest child. She nudged her. "So, who is the lucky girl? Do I know her?"

 

The older woman kept tugging her shirt, waiting for her answer.

 

"No. You don't know her."

 

"Really? Then tell me what she looks like? Is she pretty? When are you going to introduce her to me, Taetae? You have to introduce her to me! I want to know her!"

 

"Umma, calm down. I will introduce her to you when the time is right."

 

"What does that even mean?"

 

"She's not mine yet, Umma." And I also don't know if you and Appa will accept her if you know she has a kid. Taeyeon spoke in her mind. 

 

"Sheesh. What took you so long? Your girl will be stolen if you don't make a move now!"

 

"Yul told me exactly the same." Taeyeon muttered.

 

"Then take a move! What are you waiting for?!"

 

"I will. I will. Gosh."

 

"When?!"

 

"Next week." Taeyeon saw her mother throw her a look. "What? I must be prepared. Gotta make it special for her."

 

"What is she like, by the way?"

 

"She's good and beautiful."

 

"Does she treat you well?"

 

"Yeah. She cooked for me."

 

"She did?" The mother inspected her thoroughly before nodding in approval. "You do look healthier. Glad she feeds you well."

 

"Yeah. She loves baking too. She's a good cook."

 

"Is that why you like her? Because she fed you your possession?" She , knowing her daughter loves sweets so much. The younger just shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

 

"Taetae."

 

"Hm."

 

"Do you think she's the one for you?"

 

The question took her by surprise. And the fact that her mother said it in such serious manner, taking her a moment to answer. She thought about how she do wants her and Tiffany to last. "Yeah. I want her to be the one for me." She let go of her spoon as she done with her dessert.

 

"Then can you promise me you'll treat her well and don't let the past repeat?"

 

Oh yeah. Of course her mother would remind her of this.

 

Taeyeon gave her an indifferent nod. She pushed the chair off to got on her feet, rubbing her tummy in process. "I'm so full." She checked her watch before turning to her mother briefly. "I better go now. Bye, Umma."

 

After a few steps, her mother called her out.

 

"I do this out of love, Taetae. I love you. I only want the best for you. I want you to be happy." Mrs. Kim knew Taeyeon didn't like her touching this topic but she had to. "And she seems good to you. She takes good care of you. So if you really want this one to reach the milestone, treat her well too, cherish her. I want you to think first before you do something reckless in future. You hear me?"

 

 

Taeyeon ended up in river now, at that same spot wherein Tiffany and her always sat on whenever they were there. It was been hours and Tiffany still didn't response her. She wanted to see her so bad. She wanted to go straight to her place but she didn't even know if she was home. 

 

She knew they had met last night and had only parted this morning, but she couldn't help but yearned for her even more after the kiss. She awared she was down bad and it was just a simple kiss, yet she was able to make her smitten.

 

She played with a small box in her hand. She hadn't touched this thing for months as Tiffany and her son kept her occupied. Now as she had nothing better to do, she was very tempted to the life out of this junk.

 

She pulled out a stick and put it between her lips. As she lit the lighter, her phone vibrated in her pocket. She fisted it out in a blink of an eye.

 

I was hanging out with friends and just got home now. Sorry.

 

It's okay. Have you had fun?

 

Yes.

 

A frown formed on her face at Tiffany's short reply. 

 

Are you tired? I intend to come to your house now. But if you're tired, I'll let you rest then.

 

Yes, I'm drained and want nothing more than to go straight to bed. Sorry.

 

​​​​​​Don't be. I'll see you tomorrow?

 

When she didn't get an immediate response. She added.

 

Good night, Fany-ah. Sweet dreams. I miss you.

 

 

"Kim Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon turned her head to find the owner of the voice and her eyes met with an unknown pretty blond woman waved at her way.

 

"Who is that?"

 

"You know her?"

 

Her collagues asked and Taeyeon simply shook her head.

 

The woman caught her breath first before greeting her and nodding her head at her colleagues politely. When she got a timid response from Taeyeon, she let out a small chuckle.

 

"It's Jessica. We were classmates in high school."

 

"Jessica?" Taeyeon was pondering before her eyes growing big. "Oh! Jung Sooyeon!"

 

Jessica's cheeks reddened when Taeyeon preferred to call her by her old-fashioned Korean name, even though Taeyeon had always called her that in school days.

 

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were at nearby restaurant now as her comrades left two old friends to catch up.

 

"I'm almost offended you don't recognize me, you know." Jessica opened the conversation after they ordered their meals.

 

"Don't blame me. You have grown a lot and with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter